There are 178 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas--Stanford

Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by Heroism:
He plays with thunder in his hands and smacks people around like george foreman

an example of what i was referring to in the sentence above

guy plays with heavy hands.

Thomas is relentless. He brings it every play and on strength alone he will make it. Add his surprising speed and quickness and he could develop into a monster. If he runs under 4.6 - 4.7 then he will have that Justin Smith blend of speed/power that we need
Originally posted by saniner:
If we switch to a 4-3 then he makes a lot of sense as a DE that can play inside as well. He has the potential to be a number 2 pick with a great combine. We would just have to have something planned for the QB spot if we get him

I have a feeling we will be switching to a 4-3, or more specifically a 4-3 under like the Seahawks, Falcons, and Jaguars have played.

Apparently the 49ers top choice for d-coordinator was Gus Bradley before he accepted the d-coordinator position for the Chargers. Now we're looking at Robert Saleh (Jaguars), who coached under Carroll and Bradley, as well as Jerome Henderson (Falcons) who coached under Dan Quinn, another former Carroll assistant.

If we make the switch, I could see Thomas fitting in as a defensive end or possibly 3-technique.
Originally posted by SFL49ER:
Originally posted by shmuck:
Probably best as a 4-3 but he's so versatile we could stand him up, kick him inside, or play him at 5T too. He'd be a chess piece on that front 7.

How good do you think he is? How good he could be?

He's pretty damn good. He could be really REALLY good. When he steps on the field he could change an entire defense. You got to know where he is every play and scheme offensively around where he is. I like him a ton @2, much more than any QB. That said it could take a couple years to get to that point but no doubt in my mind he'll be a stud, no matter what position on what team.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
If he's still there in the 2nd round, snag him...
Originally posted by LVJay:

No way in heck haha. This guy seems like he'd be a natural strong side DE in a 4-3. I dunno about the switch but I have faith in the Lynch and Shanny.
  • Homer
  • Veteran
Love this guy. If we can somehow trade back and acquire a 2018 1st (jets?) he's my guy. Don't think I'm ready to take him at 2. Not yet at least.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SmokeCrabtrees:

No way in heck haha. This guy seems like he'd be a natural strong side DE in a 4-3. I dunno about the switch but I have faith in the Lynch and Shanny.

I wish all these guys would mess up big time at the combine just to throw scouts off, maybe some of these guys we like would drop a little
I wish all these guys would mess up big time at the combine just to throw scouts off, maybe some of these guys we like would drop a little

What makes you think that wouldn't also throw off our scouts though?

Dudes range is from top 3 to late 1st. A great pre draft process can propel him to us and a terrible one or a bad injury can cause him to slip to the second. This guys stock is kind of hard to read.
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:

L0L ikr

Originally posted by gold49digger:

Dudes range is from top 3 to late 1st. A great pre draft process can propel him to us and a terrible one or a bad injury can cause him to slip to the second. This guys stock is kind of hard to read.

Seems unlikely we'll take him with our first pick. I'm sure someone will grab him before us unless he does slide to 2nd round. But don't Brownies have two 1st rounders?

Kid is a savage!!! Would love him or Allen. In fact I would take him over Garrett. I just think he is going to have the better NFL career.
Originally posted by genus49:

L0L ikr

Originally posted by gold49digger:

Seems unlikely we'll take him with our first pick. I'm sure someone will grab him before us unless he does slide to 2nd round. But don't Brownies have two 1st rounders?

yeah but will they draft thomas if they get garrett?
Thomas is going to be a top 10 pick. My guess is somewhere in the number 6 overall range if he performs well at the combine
Originally posted by wailers15:
Kid is a savage!!! Would love him or Allen. In fact I would take him over Garrett. I just think he is going to have the better NFL career.

i still think Garrett is the next coming of LT but Soloman will have a great career also. If we stay at the 3-4, i am worried he wont fit in. Seems like a legit 4-3 DE
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Originally posted by wailers15:

i still think Garrett is the next coming of LT but Soloman will have a great career also. If we stay at the 3-4, i am worried he wont fit in. Seems like a legit 4-3 DE

There's something about Garrett that irks me. I have watched a ton of their games and I really think Allen and Thomas have a much higher football motor. Garret has the freakish ability but tends to take himself out of the plays a bunch where the other two are constantly after the ball.
Also seen a few interviews and granted he's a young buck but he doesn't come off real bright.
Yeah the big mystery is what scheme do we run, but with Allen and Thomas do we go D line again 3 yrs in row no matter the talent there? IMO that doesn't scare me away.
The way I see it we're ina fantastic spot because I don't think we can go wrong with any of those guys
Share 49ersWebzone