LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Solomon Thomas--Stanford

Freak. The tape matches up with those results. Solomon is ridiculously explosive and powerful off the ball.

Becoming my draft crush

Don't see how he fits, tho
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 7, 2017 at 4:03 PM ]
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Dude just ran a 4.09 20 yard shuttle

FYI Bosa ran a 4.21 and Von miller ran a 4.06

https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/829105684461465601

He's a fantastic athlete to go along with grown man strength and playmaking. So much Justin Smith to his game.

No doubt I just don't know where you put him on our team currently? I think he's best as a 4-3 DE end of the day

I'm not going DL with our 1st when we need some much more at other positions but dude is a monster
Probably best as a 4-3 but he's so versatile we could stand him up, kick him inside, or play him at 5T too. He'd be a chess piece on that front 7.
Dude just ran a 4.09 20 yard shuttle

FYI Bosa ran a 4.21 and Von miller ran a 4.06

https://twitter.com/clevezirm/status/829105684461465601

He's a fantastic athlete to go along with grown man strength and playmaking. So much Justin Smith to his game.

No doubt I just don't know where you put him on our team currently? I think he's best as a 4-3 DE end of the day

I'm not going DL with our 1st when we need some much more at other positions but dude is a monster

I agree, 4-3 DE who can move inside and rush from the interior in Nickel. He's such a good football player though, I wouldn't just limit him to that. I think he can play a number of different spots.
Need an experienced, intelligent and creative DC to maximize this guy.

He was doubled all game but showed great explosiveness on the last play.
Dark horse pick for no. 2?
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Possibly. He's everything you want in a football player, one of the few guys you'll say screw need and screw scheme fit. Just take him, plug him in somewhere, and let him wreck havoc.
Dude is a monster for sure. I would hate to go dline with our first again when the fact is we need QB, OLB, WR, OL(I don't know who fits the scheme)

Good problem to have I suppose.
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Dude is a monster for sure. I would hate to go dline with our first again when the fact is we need QB, OLB, WR, OL(I don't know who fits the scheme)

Good problem to have I suppose.

If we switch to a 4-3 then he makes a lot of sense as a DE that can play inside as well. He has the potential to be a number 2 pick with a great combine. We would just have to have something planned for the QB spot if we get him

I've got a feeling that Lynch and company will really like Thomas. This guy plain and simple is a football player with a great motor. If we stay in a 3-4 I think i'd prefer Jonathan Allen if we go D-Line.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49digger:

Possibly. He's everything you want in a football player, one of the few guys you'll say screw need and screw scheme fit. Just take him, plug him in somewhere, and let him wreck havoc.

nfl.com made a great comparison, comparing him to Justin Smith
Saw on some mocks that he was going in the top 5 overall, with a couple havin him at # 3. If he nails the combine, they could be correct. Absolutely a damm good player.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Probably best as a 4-3 but he's so versatile we could stand him up, kick him inside, or play him at 5T too. He'd be a chess piece on that front 7.

How good do you think he is? How good he could be?
Originally posted by Heroism:
He plays with thunder in his hands and smacks people around like george foreman

an example of what i was referring to in the sentence above

guy plays with heavy hands.
Share 49ersWebzone