Solomon Thomas--Stanford

Originally posted by abrainlessking:
Trash

lol...who did you want us to pick?
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by abrainlessking:
Trash

lol...who did you want us to pick?

As a Stanford fan I can tell you this, this guy is all go - all day.

I know he didn't play at a SEC school, but this guy would have been a beast wherever he went. Not sure if he can live up to the 3rd overall pick and all the hype that comes with that. But his classmate, and Stanford brother picked him at #3. All he can do is show up and do his job!
I love the pick. This draft is really deep and defensive backs and running backs so we didn't need to pick anybody else at this spot. Solomon is just a hard working football player and a very good human being. Great pic for San Francisco and even better value taking him at 3 with adding extra pics for good players or draft movement.
Lols at the dissent. There's no indication that the guy is a bust. Every indication that he will produce at a high level. Three straight years of DL? - Yeah, and when our run D isn't epically, historically, and notoriously bad, maybe we can stop drafting front 7 in the first round.

Carrol just takes studs and throws them out there (with a plan) and tells them to wreck it. Well, so will we. There's no downside, only upside.
Originally posted by acrownlessking:
Trash

That's not a nice thing to call yourself...
Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

It better be. I never want to see last year's run D again. Ever.

Well then, when they say #1 priority, they really mean it. Keep it up!
Originally posted by acrownlessking:
Trash

Good post bro

Originally posted by Tylerawiseguy:
The 49ers will not pick Solomon Thomas with the 2nd pick from sources within Stanford ! someone that's close to the Stanford program said that there is no way that john lynch will draft Solomon Thomas . the 49ers like Solomon Thomas but not with the 2nd pick . they want to draft a potential great player not a good solid pro for 10 years that Solomon Thomas will be . it will surprise a lot of people on draft day when the 49ers don't pick the favorite of everybody's pick on this site of mr. Solomon Thomas . I guarantee the 49ers wont pick him . I like Solomon Thomas but he is not worthy of the number 2 pick he just isn't !! I'm not saying Solomon Thomas isn't a big time pro prospect but he probably had his best game of his career in his last game in that bowl game against north Carolina but the offensive linemen in that game are probably not even a pro prospect . I'm not trying to take anything away from him or knocking him but the buzz of these people mocking him to the 49ers at 2 seems a little extreme to me . he isn't a outside linebacker or a DE that gets to the QB this guy is more of a inside pass rusher not a outside pass rusher and if u think different you have no clue about football and your misinformed ! he is not a true DT either this guy is a tweaner that's my problem with him and taking him that high with the 2nd pick .the 49ers already have deforest buckner and arik armstead so it just doesn't fit I'm sorry but it would be a bad decision ! I just don't see it happening that the 49ers will pick him at 2 I just don't see it happening !

Hey wiseguy, ya salty?
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Hey wiseguy, ya salty?

To be fair he was right, we didn't pick him at #2!!!!!
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by genus49:
^ all the doubters should read that.

That article cemented him as my favorite player in this draft. This is a guy who goes the extra mile to improve himself. That type of effort showed up in his tape.

Take that type of mentality and drive to get better and add it to someone who posted up these numbers at the combine...

There's no doubt this kid hasn't even scratches the surface of what he can do. He's played wherever Stanford needed him and he played well. The Michael Bennett role is the perfect spot for him and I'm glad to hear that's what the coaches are envisioning for him.

Can't wait to see him and Foster grow. Hopefully they feed off each other and Thomas helps Foster keep his chit together so both have long and prosperous careers with the 49ers.

The combine numbers are nuts. Those are numbers you see on freak DE pass rushers like Clowney and Mack, And Solly is gonna have that speed rushing from the inside.

Thomas is under rated IMO Myles Garrett got all the hype but Thomas is a beast that 3 cone time is better than some CBs and Wrs really unheard of.

Originally posted by Lobo49er:
Good post bro

Originally posted by 49erBigMac:
Originally posted by 49erInTheMidwest:
Hey wiseguy, ya salty?

To be fair he was right, we didn't pick him at #2!!!!!

I suppose, but do you think he was our pick at 2 if it wasn't for the silly Chicago Bears?
You all want some good laughs? Scroll thru the first ten pages or so.
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Solly is looking like my biggest whiff ever. Who is the man in this video? Because he's clearly not the guy we got. The guy in the video plays with confidence and swagger.

Warren Sapp said Solomon was the best player in the draft. Why u lie to us, Warren?

[ Edited by Heroism on Nov 27, 2018 at 12:10 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:

Solly is looking like my biggest whiff ever. Who is this man in this video because he's not the one we got.

Warren Sapp said Solomon was the best player in the draft. Why u lie to us, Warren?

Share 49ersWebzone