There are 285 users in the forums

Our qb and future is in this draft !

Originally posted by 9moon:
I like David Webb..

from the 1st week against Hawaii, I thought he was a talented passer...

i like the idea of moving back in the late 2nd round to draft this kid..

I completely disagree I feel like his release isn't fast enough to be an nfl quaquarterback. starting quarterback
I could really see our QB being Tyrod Taylor, Jimmy Garopolo, if Chip stays... Imo Trubisky is the best of the bunch at this moment.. in two to three years Deshone Kizer will be the best quarterback of this draft class
Originally posted by Zachary13White:
I could really see our QB being Tyrod Taylor, Jimmy Garopolo, if Chip stays... Imo Trubisky is the best of the bunch at this moment.. in two to three years Deshone Kizer will be the best quarterback of this draft class

Deshone might be the best, but he migh also be another JaMarcus Russell(without the red flags) you never know.
Zach Terrell from Western Michigan, but I want to see what he does against Wisconsin; He's been consistent, impressive, regardless of what scheme he's in, and if he does really good against Wisconsin, I could see him being a really good value to someone late in the draft.
Just think where the redskins could be without the rg3/cousins scenario
Originally posted by teylo31:
Just think where the redskins could be without the rg3/cousins scenario

Agree

That was an excellent move by Shannahan.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by bleedredandgold:
Stop the garoppolo talk , patriots can rip off some other team , not us no thank you . Everyone take a deep breath , relax a minute , step back and THINK ! Prescott was a 4th rounder clearly no one saw a capable qb in him , Brady was a 7th so no one thought he was worth a bag of balls . There's a good Qb in this draft who is going to be a steal and it's our job to FIND HIM ! Since everyone has labeled this a weak qb class grab the best playmaker available at 2 or maybe slide a little down pick up a pick and still get an impact player and use our second pick on a qb who's going to be our draft day steal . Scouts get paid make them do their job ! This is our draft .

You're talking about guys that are clearly the exception, not the rule. There's good reason why most QB's taken late in the draft don't amount to anything. Every now and then a few guys will fall through the cracks but for the most part, QBs that get drafted late, get drafted there for a good reason, they just aren't very good. You're talking about 2 guys that worked out and ignoring like 60+ others that didn't.

3rd round

You'd figure that over two decades you could find some pretty good prospects that came out of the 3rd round but Schaub and Wilson are the only guys to appear as long-term starters. Wilson himself largely fell due to his height and not questions about his ability as a QB. Mel Kiper stated that he'd have been a top 10 pick if he were about four inches taller so its pretty safe to say that he's more the exception and not the rule.

Wilson is the only quarterback since 1978 to be drafted after the second round and start all 16 games in his rookie year. Based on how well he's played so far, there's no reason not to believe Wilson will go down as the best third-round quarterback since Joe Montana (1979).

The Good-
Russell Wilson
Matt Schaub
Nick Foles
Brian Griese

The Bad-
Andrew Walter
Dave Ragone
Charlie Whitehurst
Jonathan Quinn
Brock Huard
Trent Edwards
Chris Simms
Charlie Frye
Brodie Croyle
Stoney Case
Bobby Hoying
Eric Zeier
Colt McCoy
David Greene
Giovanni Carmazzi
Ryan Mallett
Kevin O'Connell
Garrett Grayson

4th Round

Not much to speak of here. Cousins has been coming on and improving so that's good, but otherwise its a pretty weak group outside of Garrard, Orton, Brooks and Cousins. + Prescott.

The Good
David Garrard
Kyle Orton
Aaron Brooks
Kirk Cousins
Dak Prescott

The Bad
Danny Kanell
Rob Johnson
Tyler Wilson
Stefan LeFors
Seneca Wallace
Pat Barnes
Matt Barkley
Rohan Davey
Sage Rosenfels
Stephen McGee
Chad May
Luke McCown
Steve Stenstrom
Chris Weinke
Mike Kafka
Dave Barr
Danny Wuerffel
Jesse Palmer
Joe Germaine
Jeff Lewis
Doug Nussmeier
Perry Klei

5th Round

The Good

................crickets...................

The Bad

AJ Feeley
John Skelton
Mike McMahon
Troy Smith
Josh Johnson
TJ Yates
Craig Krenzel
Kurt Kittner
Dennis Dixon
Craig Nall
Randy Fasani
Brian St Pierre
Tee Martin
Ingle Martin
Adrian McPherson
Brandon Doman
Erik Ainge
Jay Barker
Jeff Rowe
John David Booty
Jonathan Crompton
Kevin Daft
Nate Davis
Nathan Enderle
Omar Jacobs
Rhett Bomar
Ricky "Montana" Stanzi

6th Round

I think when people usually talk about finding a QB in the draft, this is the round that defines that, with everyone hoping that they can get the next Brady or even a Matt Hasselbeck or Marc Bulger.

The Good

Tom Brady
Matt Hasselbeck
Marc Bulger
Tyrod Taylor
Derek Anderson(With "good" being relative here I guess)

The Bad

Andre Woodson
Jim Sorgi
Jim Miller
Andy Hall
Joe Webb
Chuck Clements
Brooks Bollinger
Colt Brennan
Bruce Gradkowski
Dan LeFevour
Craig Whelihan
JaJuan Seider
Curtis Painter
Jeff Smoker
Tony Pike
Jerry Colquitt
J.T. O'Sullivan
John Dutton
Josh Booty
Ryan Lindley
Josh Harris
Keith Null
Josh Heupel
Rusty Smith
Mike Cawley
Spergon Wynn
Mike Teel
Jordan Palmer
Spence Fischer
Tom Brandstater
Todd Husak
Drew Henson
Kliff Kingsbury
Mike Cherry

7th Round

The word "good" here starts to become very loosely applied.

The Good

Matt Cassel
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Matt Flynn
Tim Rattay
Koy Detmer
Gus Frerotte

The Bad
Casey Bramlet
Glenn Foley
Zac Dysert
D.J. Shockley
Tony Graziani
Chandler Harnish
James Kilian
Ken Dorsey
Brad Sorensen
Jeff Kelly
Matt Mauck
John Walsh
Moses Moreno
Jon Stark
Jarious Jackson
Kyle Wachholtz
Greg McElroy
Ronnie McAda
Gibran Hamdan
Sean Canfield
Chris Greisen
Seth Burford
John Navarre
Tony Corbin
Levi Brown
Wes Pate
Bradlee Van Pelt
Zac Robinson
Scott Covington
Jay Walker
Cody Pickett
Steve Matthews
Wally Richardson
Michael Bishop
Joe Hamilton
Tyler Thigpen
Alex Brink

The BJ's

BJ Coleman
BJ Daniels
BJ Symons

But history suggests that that quarterback taken on Day 3 will, on average, play two NFL seasons, never be his team's primary starter, will sport a 2-5 career record (if he's lucky), complete 54.7 percent of his passes and throw 3 touchdowns against 6 interceptions.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/184003-the-drafting-qb-late-folly/

If your plan to find a quarterback of the future is to go dumpster diving in the late rounds of the draft, you need a better plan.

Well played, sir. Well played. Overwhelming argument.
Originally posted by 49erproudfan1980:
Zach Terrell from Western Michigan, but I want to see what he does against Wisconsin; He's been consistent, impressive, regardless of what scheme he's in, and if he does really good against Wisconsin, I could see him being a really good value to someone late in the draft.

As a backup, not as our potential starter, correct?
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
As a backup, not as our potential starter, correct?

As a backup; Now a couple years down the road, maybe into a starter, but as I said, I want see how he plays against Wisconsin first; I think with a 6th or 7th round selection, if he plays as good as he has against Wisconsin, why not? Obviously, everyone drafted is done as for the potential of what could be.
Share 49ersWebzone