LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 213 users in the forums

Our qb and future is in this draft !

Originally posted by Quest4six:
I don't want a QB

Even if we got a franchise QB this draft out poor offensive line, defense, questionable playbook, and overall bad team wouldn't help this poor rookie QB out at all leading to his confidence being shattered and possibly more.

I would rather build a defense first and then bring in a QB

If we are honestly expecting a rookie QB to come onto this team and turn it around we might be wishing for a bit too much. I'm not sure that player exists in this draft

Have we not been building the defense though?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I like David Webb..

from the 1st week against Hawaii, I thought he was a talented passer...

i like the idea of moving back in the late 2nd round to draft this kid..
Give me Mahomes if we don't take a QB in the 1st. This kid actually has a chance to go in the 1st though when all said and done
i've definitely been buying in on Rudolph a lot more lately look at the touch leading the receiver out around 1:40
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
why is everyone so down on garoppololololol

I don't know maybe because he was good in college, maybe because he's been behind one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time for a couple of years. Maybe because he's done more in a game and a half then I've seen any quarterback in the last 10 years on our team do in games
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I don't want a QB

Even if we got a franchise QB this draft out poor offensive line, defense, questionable playbook, and overall bad team wouldn't help this poor rookie QB out at all leading to his confidence being shattered and possibly more.

I would rather build a defense first and then bring in a QB

If we are honestly expecting a rookie QB to come onto this team and turn it around we might be wishing for a bit too much. I'm not sure that player exists in this draft

I could not agree more. Build up the roster before brining in a QBs. Look what happened to Alex Smith. Let's not do that to a QB again.
I'm thinking we just go permanent wildcat from now on. We'll revolutionize the game!
Originally posted by bleedredandgold:
Take jonathon Allen , jabril peppers or Reuben foster with 1st pick , this builds our defence imagine the two towers with Allen in the middle ! 2nd pick , Watson or trubinsky or Kayaa who cares what critics say ... they get a chance and may be a surprise . 3 Rd pick on a wr . We sign 3 free agents , solid guys but no big names that we'd overpay . It's a 2 year building process and we have to be patient. Third year we draft for wants instead of needs .

Yeah let's grab our 3rd 1st rd DE that will really help this team out! Nothing like rotating first rd picks lol...pretty sure the jets did this and they're garbage.

Yeah let's grab ANOTHER safety especially one that is poor in coverage allowing a completion rate of 75%

Yeah let's grab a ILB who's got a stud DL in front of him and is almost always untouched when going after the RB. Dude is a fine lb but nowhere near a Willis type to even THINK about wasting the 2nd overall pick! I've seen him get trucked over too many team.

Watson and Mitch will not be there in the 2nd.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

This team has gone defense in the 1st round in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, I guess only one more decade to finish building a defense and start on the offense.
Originally posted by Truman49:
I could not agree more. Build up the roster before brining in a QBs. Look what happened to Alex Smith. Let's not do that to a QB again.

The issue is we have around $100 million in cap space all said and done...we can take care of some issues there. We have a ton of youth on the team but not many good proven vets, go get a center in FA. Get another press man CB and NT in FA.

Build the defense? Did I miss something or have we not spent our last 4 first rd draft picks on defense (and 5 out of 6 drafts have been defense in the first)?? We have been buIdling the defense lol.

We have no qbs on the roster in 2017...zero, zip, nada I mean not even a PS guy. Time to develop a qb I think both Mitch and Watson both can be good starters in the league IMO. I'm high on trade for Jimmy G as well.

I will be f**king pissed if I have to watch another yr of us grabbing other failing backup qb or some guy that's been cut. I'm fine if the rookie fails a little but at least we would be grooming for the future.

More than likely chip is gonna be the HC and above all he needs a qb...our defense is never gonna be good while he's here.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

This team has gone defense in the 1st round in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, I guess only one more decade to finish building a defense and start on the offense.

Right that's what I've been saying! We've gone defense in the first 4 yrs in a row and 5 out of the past 6 drafts WTF not building the defense.

We need more solid vets on defense (and all around) hit up FA for a center, press man CB, NT and possibly ILB.
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

One of the best movie quotes ever
"Taco Charlton | DL
Few players have seen their draft stock rise over the past month as much as Charlton. The 6-5 senior is proving he can be a three-down defensive lineman at the next level with his productivity as both a pass-rusher and run defender. With 11.5 tackles for losses along and nine sacks, Charlton is the ideal fit for any team looking to a disruptive threat to their 4-3 scheme."

http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/12/30/orange-bowl-top-2017-nfl-draft-prospects/

Taco thread?
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Dec 31, 2016 at 8:26 AM ]
JT O'Sullivan
Originally posted by joenan:
i've definitely been buying in on Rudolph a lot more lately look at the touch leading the receiver out around 1:40

Mason Rudolph returning to OSU for senior year.
Share 49ersWebzone