LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 307 users in the forums

Trade the #2?

• Rascal
  • Veteran
NO!!

Enough of stockpiling picks and drafting a truckload of scrubs who can't even make the 53, let alone contribute.

Is time to focus on quality rather than quantity.

Draft a few top talents to set a solid foundation for the franchise to build off from.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:
NO!!

Enough of stockpiling picks and drafting a truckload of scrubs who can't even make the 53, let alone contribute.

Draft a few top talents to set a solid foundation for the franchise to build off from.

That's precisely why they'd trade back...
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
NO!!

No, no, I don't need to trade back to turn them into a million picks.

All I want is a few legit high impact players and we can build from that very special nucleus.

I am not going to take any more BS moves like drafting 4 DBs and a QB in the 6th round again. Enough is enough, we need proper star players!

All I want is a few legit high impact players and we can build from that very special nucleus.

I am not going to take any more BS moves like drafting 4 DBs and a QB in the 6th round again. Enough is enough, we need proper star players!

If your offered a first round pick to drop down we need to do that.
The only way I'd trade down if someone like the Jets or browns bears are extremely desperate and we end up with like Corey Davis, Takk, and mahomes in the first 2 rounds. And still have picks in 3rd round and above.
NO!!

There's nothing wrong with stockpiling picks but when you don't hit on anything like Baalke has done recently it ruins the team.

Obviously trading down would be great if we can't get Garrett but I do not see it happening. I don't see anyone trading up for Allen or Trubisky tbh.
Originally posted by Waterbear:
NO!!

There's nothing wrong with stockpiling picks but when you don't hit on anything like Baalke has done recently it ruins the team.

Obviously trading down would be great if we can't get Garrett but I do not see it happening. I don't see anyone trading up for Allen or Trubisky tbh.

I could easily see a team wanting to move up for any of the 3. There will be teams there for the Niners to deal with if that is what they want to do.
I don't care who's there at #2...if our GM gets a good offer, he should take it. We need lots of good players, including pass rushers. With smart FA signings and a killer draft, we can be competitive next year. I see no reason to get hung up on Garrett. They could get Solomon Thomas or another PR, but along with it more good players by trading down...it's the right thing to do.
If we could land a 1st and 2nd this year (mid round, none of this 28th pick stuff) and a 1st rounder next year ... then sure trade the pick.

Unless Garrett is there at 2. He will be Top 3 at his position for a decade and is a must take player.
GOD damn, hell NO!!!! What is anyone thinking if trading down is in their minds...my god...We need a QB..!

• Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
GOD damn, hell NO!!!! What is anyone thinking if trading down is in their minds...my god...We need a QB..!

Totally this!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
I've already suggested this idea..

we can't land Myles, I say we trade down, gain more picks and build up from there..

especially after today's UNC game, Ruby just isn't a #1 this year... he should go back to college for another year..

He would be foolish to go back to school. He is worth millions and he would risk losing alot of money by going back.
Garrett.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Fitz said today on the radio that he could justify trading our 1st round pick for Garappolo based on the idea that he is as talented and much more ready than Mitch or Watson. Thinks he's better. If true, he would be worth our top pick. He's only 25 years old, and has attended Belicheck University for three years.

Let that dude know he needs to stop doing blow, its screwing up his thought process.

No way hes worth a 1st round pick he hasn't played a full season and the games when he played he got injured. 2nd maybe but not a 1st.

Then please don't ever say trubs or Watson is
[ Edited by fan49 on Dec 31, 2016 at 2:09 AM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by okdkid:
NO!!

But your 100% hypocritical if you think dropping 2 for 10 a second and a 3rd won't be better that 2 34 and 66. I'll take an early first 2 2nds and 2 3rds all day
Share 49ersWebzone