There are 82 users in the forums

Trade the #2?

I think we would do better to trade the pick and build the team. Who else wants to trade the pick for more picks
49ers are in a good situation if we have the #2 pick. Everything is possible I guess I will answer this question after week 17 is over.
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
As always - it depends on the offer.
Originally posted by okdkid:

This. If Garrett is there, just take him. If not, weigh your options and see if we can get 3 to 4 of the top 50 prospects
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Originally posted by okdkid:

This. If Garrett is there, just take him. If not, weigh your options and see if we can get 3 to 4 of the top 50 prospects

Exactly and hopefully an extra 1st next year from a team that falls in love with Trubisky..
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I've already suggested this idea..

we can't land Myles, I say we trade down, gain more picks and build up from there..

especially after today's UNC game, Ruby just isn't a #1 this year... he should go back to college for another year..
Weather we are 1 or 2 I think there is at least a 50% chance of trading down.
depends what we can get trading down..i would do it if we got a decent/ fair trade
Depends on who is available and what the trade offer is but I wouldn't be happy to see them trade out if Myles Garrett was available. If he reaches his ceiling as an elite pass rusher he'd be worth far more than whatever the 49ers would get back in a trade down.
Fitz said today on the radio that he could justify trading our 1st round pick for Garappolo based on the idea that he is as talented and much more ready than Mitch or Watson. Thinks he's better. If true, he would be worth our top pick. He's only 25 years old, and has attended Belicheck University for three years.

Think tha main thing we as fan need to come to grips with is our team is not 1 good or great player and or draft away from being great again may take a few drafts ...I'd say if Myles is gone we trade tha pick maybe get tha 2nd best pass rusher or best ILB in tha teens ....
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Depends on who is available and what the trade offer is but I wouldn't be happy to see them trade out if Myles Garrett was available. If he reaches his ceiling as an elite pass rusher he'd be worth far more than whatever the 49ers would get back in a trade down.

I agree with you that if Garrett is there we better take him but teams would go crazy and probably be willing to trade a lot for him, prob the most for any player unless a team really falls in love with Trubisky..
Originally posted by Murphys1:
Fitz said today on the radio that he could justify trading our 1st round pick for Garappolo based on the idea that he is as talented and much more ready than Mitch or Watson. Thinks he's better. If true, he would be worth our top pick. He's only 25 years old, and has attended Belicheck University for three years.

Let that dude know he needs to stop doing blow, its screwing up his thought process.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Let that dude know he needs to stop doing blow, its screwing up his thought process.

No way hes worth a 1st round pick he hasn't played a full season and the games when he played he got injured. 2nd maybe but not a 1st.

Fitzgerald should just stick to basketball. He knows a bit about that sport anyway.
Share 49erswebzone