LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

49ers rebuild draft

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Webzone Logic 101.

"There is no QB worth drafting at #2 so we will trade down with a team that wants to move up for a QB "

people around here love these convenient hypothetical trade scenarios.
Originally posted by genus49:
So you want to rebuild but think we don't need a QB?

I would love to add those guys you have but no QB til the 6th round is just crazy.

No I'm saying we sign a vet for a 1 year deal and go hard after a QB next year when we have Josh Rosen, Jake Browning, Brad Kayaa, Sam Darnold and Lamar Jackson to choose from. We're bound to have a top 5 pick why reach on a QB this year. We might have our choice between them.
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:
No I'm saying we sign a vet for a 1 year deal and go hard after a QB next year when we have Josh Rosen, Jake Browning, Brad Kayaa, Sam Darnold and Lamar Jackson to choose from. We're bound to have a top 5 pick why reach on a QB this year. We might have our choice between them.

Rosen is the only guy there, the rest are mehhhhh
Originally posted by SFBuckeye:

A. Who is to say that all of those guys come out next year

and

B. How are you sure they are better than what is available this year? I dont see any QBs I am particularly psyched about other than Josh Allen if he puts it all together and possibly Rosen if he plays more like he did his freshman year. Jackson is more athlete than QB and struggles as a passer. Kaaya shouldnt be discussed as a guy anywhere near the 1st round. Browning is limited physically, not a single one of those guys looks like a "cant miss" prospect.
Re-sign Bellore? Trade the #2 pick outside the top 5 and not get a future 1st? Draft Foster in the top 10? I can't get on board with that. Looking forward to the next mock that I know is coming soon
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Originally posted by lamontb:
If ther eis no qb worth drafting so high then why would you have the Jets trading pick after pick to move up? Guess they really want Allen.

Why are you extending Ward or Lynch? Especially Lynch.

Webzone Logic 101.

"There is no QB worth drafting at #2 so we will trade down with a team that wants to move up for a QB "

In reality lets say our GM and HC don't particularly like a certain QB prospect but another GM and HC do, it's not inconceivable that we would make a trade to move down while the other team (Jets in this mock) values them enough to move up. I think it's entirely possible a team will want to move up to get Trubisky or another QB prospect, heck teams moved up for Goff and Wentz.
[ Edited by Kalen49ers on Dec 30, 2016 at 10:37 PM ]
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Is this the season for BS mock drafts or what?

Re-signing Ponder as back-up?! The dude hasn't played a down for us and you want to re-sign him?? Are you for real?

Then, you want to draft Baker Mayfield in the 6th to start? Oh come on!! The dude is just an undersized college QB, that's all he is.

Another thread that needs to be deleted.
People are trying to force Foster as a Patrick Willis or Luke Kuechly level ILB prospect and he simply isnt. Not worth a top 10 pick, questionable if he is even top 20.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's all said and done that Zach Cunningham goes before him. I think Cunningham looks better just doesn't have the wow hits.
We could also switch it up and go for Mike Williams at 6 and Cunningham or McMillan at 20.

Originally posted by genus49:
So you want to rebuild but think we don't need a QB?

I would love to add those guys you have but no QB til the 6th round is just crazy.

Its crazy but its probably exactly what baalke would do if he is still our GM lol
Share 49ersWebzone