LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Harold Landry Boston College DE/OLB

Originally posted by jersey49er:
Yeah but unfortunately He's in Cleveland and if past actions are best way to predict future actions then I feel bad for him lol

Lol...he will end up in Dallas at some pt in his career and play well.
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000830486/article/cfbtop25-no-7-harold-landry-de-boston-college

Nice write up. No fan support? They didn't check the webzone
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Dman11:
Forgot where I read it, but some are saying he's more talented and polished than Myles Garret is. Take that for what it may be.

Uuuuuhhhh no.

Yeah Myles is a freak of nature sky is the limit for him

Yeah but unfortunately He's in Cleveland and if past actions are best way to predict future actions then I feel bad for him lol

Landry is instinctive, he has it on the field.
Bump
Holy s**t, look at this bend. Landry looks like Von Miller here.

Originally posted by Heroism:

Impressive. The tackle stood no chance. Potential 3 down stud at SAM in our defense?
[ Edited by adrianlesnar on Sep 9, 2017 at 12:52 PM ]
Originally posted by adrianlesnar:
Impressive. The tackle stood no chance. Potential 3 down stud at SAM in our defense?

Yes

Would be funny to see the 49ers go DL for the 4th time in a row, although I would be pretty psyched about Landry. They would have the foundation for a young high end front seven with Buckner, Thomas, Foster and Landry.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Would be funny to see the 49ers go DL for the 4th time in a row, although I would be pretty psyched about Landry. They would have the foundation for a young high end front seven with Buckner, Thomas, Foster and Landry.

If they get Kirk is FA along with OL help I'm down...there's gonna be a ton of money heading towards that front 7 at some pt though

Damn this is the only guy i wouldn't mind getting if we're getting another d-linemen in the draft. But damn this will mean we will move on from armstead, which I won't mind.
So Lynch will pull another magical move next draft. He'll get Harold Landry and Derwin James.
Watched a little Landry this morning. Things that consistently jump off the screen:

• Tremendous get off
  • Balance through contact
  • Ability to flatten and close ( his best ability IMO. Once he's got the corner, it's over.)
  • Hip and ankle flexibility
  • Can rush from both sides, wide or tight.
  • Loose, fluid athlete with "natural leverage"(He'll probably measure out at ~6'2")

His bread and butter from a wide alignment. Runs the arc. Flattens his path right at the top of the qb's drop. Looks like a leo here.

Elite dip and bend. His ability to flatten is top notch. Uses short, choppy steps to take the shortest route to the QB.

His outside rush is so good that it sets this up. Crosses the tackles face and gets skinny thru the B gap.

ER1

[ Edited by Heroism on Sep 12, 2017 at 11:54 AM ]
Watched a little Landry this morning. Things that consistently jump off the screen:

• Tremendous get off
  • Balance through contact
  • Ability to flatten and close ( his best ability IMO. Once he's got the corner, it's over.)
  • Hip and ankle flexibility
  • Can rush from both sides, wide or tight.
  • Loose, fluid athlete with "natural leverage"(He'll probably measure out at ~6'2")

His bread and butter from a wide alignment. Runs the arc. Flattens his path right at the top of the qb's drop. Looks like a leo here.

Elite dip and bend. His ability to flatten is top notch. Uses short, choppy steps to take the shortest route to the QB.

His outside rush is so good that it sets this up. Crosses the tackles face and gets skinny thru the B gap.

ER1

A lot to like about this kid, things could change but I think he's a top 7 pick right now..prob best pass rusher in college..
How does he compare to Garrett? I think drafting him would let solomon move inside and Landry just unleashing it at the LEO.
Share 49ersWebzone