LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 166 users in the forums

Harold Landry Boston College DE/OLB

Originally posted by Furlow:
Voch Lombardi likes him. I know this film is from 2016 but damn he looks explosive and fluid.

I love that Landry is flying under the radar. If we don't address Leo in FA I'd love to move down, pick up a high 2nd and draft this dude. That speed and bend off the edge....hnnnnng
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
Voch Lombardi likes him. I know this film is from 2016 but damn he looks explosive and fluid.

I love that Landry is flying under the radar. If we don't address Leo in FA I'd love to move down, pick up a high 2nd and draft this dude. That speed and bend off the edge....hnnnnng

I was thinking the same thing. I don't LOVE this pick at 9/10, but if we don't sign an edge rush in FA and can get Landry in a trade down into the 20's, that would be awesome.

So are we hoping he doesn't test well at the combine? Lol
I was thinking the same thing. I don't LOVE this pick at 9/10, but if we don't sign an edge rush in FA and can get Landry in a trade down into the 20's, that would be awesome.

lol catch 22 I guess. Maybe a slight hammy pull ;)
  • Furlow
  • Veteran

lol catch 22 I guess. Maybe a slight hammy pull ;)

I'm with that. Just don't talk sh*t to the medical staff.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Landry just isn't a TOP 10 pick.... too inconsistent... he doesn't have that WANT IT type of motor..
I think he is going to fall in the draft. I think he will be a early to mid 2nd rd pick

Yes. I think he will end up being a 2nd rd steal. I hope we are the ones that end up stealing him
Originally posted by StubbyNBY:

Yes. I think he will end up being a 2nd rd steal. I hope we are the ones that end up stealing him

Just saw a recent mock draft taking landry at 9/10

I was actually talking about trading down to pick up the extra 2nd but use the first on Landry so yeah if he falls to that 2nd I'd be thrilled. Would love to find a way to get Landry and Ward. Would make our defense super legit along with FA signings.
Bruce Irvin 2.0

I was actually talking about trading down to pick up the extra 2nd but use the first on Landry so yeah if he falls to that 2nd I'd be thrilled. Would love to find a way to get Landry and Ward. Would make our defense super legit along with FA signings.

If he's the real deal, and with all FA pass rushers seemingly unavailable, this should be the plan
Bruce Irvin 2.0

Different players, IMO. Bruce had that sinewy, hyper-twitchy build. He also had an array of pass-rushing moves. I don't think Landry is as long as Bruce, but we'll find out next week.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 24, 2018 at 9:38 AM ]
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I see the Patriots keeping him at home with their 1st overall pick...it'll be either him or Will Hernandez..
Originally posted by Heroism:
Bruce Irvin 2.0

Different players, IMO. Bruce had that sinewy, hyper-twitchy build. He also had an array of pass-rushing moves. I don't think Landry is as long as Bruce, but we'll find out next week.

I thought you were really high on this guy (like top 5 high) earlier this year? Talking about his bend and burst off the edge
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Honestly tho, the guy was impressive a year ago... he can dominate a game when he wants to... then when he's no interested, he seems to just go w/whatever flow...
Share 49ersWebzone