LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

Harold Landry Boston College DE/OLB

Boston College
6'3" 250 lbs

2nd to 3rd round probably if he declares

"Landry has put together one of the best seasons in the nation in 2016. The North Carolina native is tied for the national lead with 15 sacks and leads the country with seven fumbles forced. Landry rewrote the Boston College single-season record for sacks in 2016, breaking the old mark of 13 held by Eric Storz (1997) and Mike Mamula (1994). Landry is tied for fourth in the country with 20.5 tackles-for-loss, the second-best total in Boston College single-season history behind only Mathias Kiwanuka's 25.5 TFLs in 2004. - Boston College Football"

Looked great in his bowl game, good athlete and had a really productive year
[ Edited by ChaunceyGardner on Dec 28, 2016 at 2:55 PM ]
Boston College teammates believe junior edge rusher Harold Landry will declare for the 2017 NFL Draft.

If true, Landry's final game was outstanding. His bowl performance against Maryland included 1.5 sacks, one interception and two pass breakups. Landry has flashed on a number of occasions and will likely find himself in the second day area.

Source: Tony Pauline
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Boston College teammates believe junior edge rusher Harold Landry will declare for the 2017 NFL Draft.

If true, Landry's final game was outstanding. His bowl performance against Maryland included 1.5 sacks, one interception and two pass breakups. Landry has flashed on a number of occasions and will likely find himself in the second day area.

Source: Tony Pauline

Another good pass rusher...this draft is chalk full of studs
Yea he jumped out when i watched the MD game. I meant do do some more research on this guy after i seen the game the other day. He was everywhere
  • Andra
  • Veteran
i had him in the 5th round in my mock draft. that is starting to look less realistic. dudes stock is heading up.
Kid had one hell of a bowl game & a very nice season. He is going to give some team good depth at pass rusher
Solid prospect. Wouldn't be surprised to see him go high 2nd rd, maybe even bottom of the 1st.
Originally posted by Andra:
i had him in the 5th round in my mock draft. that is starting to look less realistic. dudes stock is heading up.

He was one of several players you had going 2-3 rounds later than they were projected to go on CBS... it's even less realistic now, but his draft stock hasn't drastically changed in two weeks. He was still thought of as a 3rd round pick prior to the bowl game.
Sounded like he was going back

Top 10 possible top 3 right now, dline 4 years in a row???

Would be nice to get him more like Foster
Several scouts" told Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline that they rank Boston College senior edge rusher Harold Landry as the 2018 class' best senior prospect.

Not only that, but those scouts, per Pauline, "handed him a stratospheric grade not equaled in more than a decade." It's unclear if that "stratospheric" grade is in relation to senior edge rushing prospects specifically, edge rushers in general, or all prospects in general. Nevertheless, it speaks to the high regard the scouting community holds Landry in. As for what position Landry will play in the NFL, Pauline writes: "Is he a defensive end in a one-gap scheme or a 3-4 outside linebacker?" The 6-foot-3, 245-pounder led the country with 16.5 sacks last year.

I think he will be in the mix for top 5 or 10
Starting watching his tape. Dude is nasty. Has a sick little shoulder dip he uses to beat tackles.
Looks like that inside shoulder dip is his favorite move. See it a lot on tape. He's really good at flattening once he's captured the corner.

Chops the low hand, dips, flattens and sacks. Nice hip and ankle pliability. Once he turns that corner, his hips point to the QB. Stays balanced through contact.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 20, 2017 at 1:10 PM ]
Shoulder dip again. He's pretty damn consistent at flattening and turning his hips once he's got the edge. Balance through contact. Get off is good. The way he wins is similar to Derek Barnett.

[ Edited by Heroism on Jun 20, 2017 at 1:13 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone