2- Rueben Foster LB Alabama

34- John Ross WR Washington

66- Patrick Mahomes QB Texas Tech

105- Bucky Hodges TE Virginia tech

139 Javarius Leamon OT South Carolina state
Or Avery Gennesy OT Texas A&M

144- Lowell Lotulelei NT Utah

158-Harold Landry OLB Boston College

All I got so far. Please rip me apart. Let me know why I'm crazy and who would be the choices.

PS I'm guessing Garrett is going first overall.
Do people on here actually watch the tape themselves or just base their evaluations on highlight videos, what they read on twitter or their favorite blog sites?

reuben foster at 2 would be awful. the guy plays so wild and reckless. he constantly is in the wrong gap, and leads with his helmet down into tackles. that D-line does 90% of his work to keep him clean. not to mention he has nagging knee problems and has already sustained multiple concussions. i would never crown someone a bust before they step a foot onto the field, but i see an incredibly flawed player that we need to stay away from.

reckless friendly fire i noticed while watching bama vs auburn lmao smh

btw when you watch bama, one player JUMPS off the screen: jonathan allen. the guy is a monster. he wrecks soooo many plays single-handedly.
Like it, but you have some of those guys going 2 rounds after they're likely to be selected.

You could probably trade back from #2 and still get Foster while using those other picks to trade up to select some of the other guys you are drafting who may not be there (Ross, Hodges, Lotulelei). CBS has Hodges ranked 47th, so assuming we got a 2nd and 3rd round pick for trading back, we could use the 2nd for Hodges, the 3rd to trade up for Ross from our 2nd round pick, and use our 4th round pick on a DT (probably not Lotulelei though - he's ranked 56th on CBS).
this is called put your head down and pray you end up in the right gap. smh

• Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:
Do people on here actually watch the tape themselves or just base their evaluations on highlight videos, what they read on twitter or their favorite blog sites?

reuben foster at 2 would be awful. the guy plays so wild and reckless. he constantly is in the wrong gap, and leads with his helmet down into tackles. that D-line does 90% of his work to keep him clean. not to mention he has nagging knee problems and has already sustained multiple concussions. i would never crown someone a bust before they step a foot onto the field, but i see an incredibly flawed player that we need to stay away from.

btw when you watch bama, one player JUMPS off the screen: jonathan allen. the guy is a monster. he wrecks soooo many plays single-handedly.

Allen is definitely a stud and I would have no problem with him being the pick. Foster is regarded as a top 15 prospect and fills a need. Allen would mean AA is out.

As far as do people actually watch tape ? I don't know. I watch some but not all because I also have a wife, kids, job and a mortgage.
[ Edited by Andra on Dec 26, 2016 at 1:29 PM ]
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Like it, but you have some of those guys going 2 rounds after they're likely to be selected.

You could probably trade back from #2 and still get Foster while using those other picks to trade up to select some of the other guys you are drafting who may not be there (Ross, Hodges, Lotulelei). CBS has Hodges ranked 47th, so assuming we got a 2nd and 3rd round pick for trading back, we could use the 2nd for Hodges, the 3rd to trade up for Ross from our 2nd round pick, and use our 4th round pick on a DT (probably not Lotulelei though - he's ranked 56th on CBS).

I new I was reaching on a few. Just some wishful thinking. You are probably right with a trade back the mock gets more realistic
Nice job. Not sure about Foster but like the others
Harold Landry being talked about as a potential first rounder
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice job. Not sure about Foster but like the others

Thanks. I think Foster would be a disappointment for a lot of people but he is a top prospect and fills a need.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Cooper22:
Harold Landry being talked about as a potential first rounder

I could see that. I think early 2nd definitely possible but a boy can dream 🙏

I agree with Heroism Foster IMO get's a ton of credit based off a amazing DL. I would be very very disappointed if we went Foster at 2. Dude is all over the place (and not in a good way) and I've watched him get trucked over one too many times to be a top 5 pick. Good prospect just not at two. (I'd prefer to go FA for a ILB end of the day)

I like Mahomes, but I think he stays another yr and Ross is kinda the same type of WR as Torrey Smith ( I like Ross no doubt).

Thanks for the mock
If we can't get Garrett moving back would be a better option
I think a 1st rounder and 2 2nd rounders along with a3 rd rounder is some pretty good ammunition for us bcause it should provide us with 4 impact players
I like Zach Cunningham
[ Edited by Rgonelove on Dec 27, 2016 at 6:42 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

Unfortunately most use highlight reels and go by then. They will never admit it but that's what they see as game film. I'm not saying everyone does this but alot due.
Originally posted by Rgonelove:
If we can't get Garrett moving back would be a better option
I think a 1st rounder and 2 2nd rounders along with a3 rd rounder is some pretty good ammunition for us bcause it should provide us with 4 impact players
I like Zach Cunningham

so what is someone gonna trade us to move up to 2? No way in hell would I be giving it away for a 2nd rd pick that's horse poop.
I know we could get a 1st in 2018 and maybe a little more but I'm just talking about what this year picks can get us and it all depends if there's some team that wants to movemove up
No-one on this board is a GM so it's all just speculation
Share 49ersWebzone