LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 247 users in the forums

Christmas Eve 2017 Mock Draft Edition ...

2: OT - CAM ROBINSON - ALABAMA (draftbreakdown.com/video/cam-robinson-vs-texas-am-2016) - Against Myles Garrett and Texas A&M.

34: EDGE - SOLOMON THOMAS - STANFORD

66: LB - KENDELL BECKWITH - LSU

105: C - TYLER ORLOSKY - WEST VIRGINIA

139: CB - CORN ELDER - MIAMI (FLA.)

144: WR - KENNY GOLLADAY - NORTHERN ILLINOIS

158: WR - TAYWAN TAYLOR - WESTERN KENTUCKY

181: CB - AHKELLO WITHERSPOON - COLORADO

198: RB - MATTHEW DAYES - NC STATE

7th: QB - ZACH TERRELL - WESTERN MICHIGAN

49ers have 8 secondary who will either be restricted or unrestricted free agents in the next two years, unless they sign them on before that arrives.
[ Edited by 49erproudfan1980 on Dec 24, 2016 at 1:11 PM ]
Well I would be extremely pissed if our draft went down like this. But I'll give it to you it's realistic if Baalke is making the picks.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Well I would be extremely pissed if our draft went down like this. But I'll give it to you it's realistic if Baalke is making the picks.

Pretty ticked because it picks high quality players that are going to make the team better? Cam Robinson has played good against the top rated player in the draft. In 2010, the 49ers went offensive line to get their line better, and it worked. Obviously Iupati and Davis are no longer on the team.

Everybody wants Garrett, but nobody talks about the offensive lineman who contained him.
[ Edited by 49erproudfan1980 on Dec 24, 2016 at 1:38 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erproudfan1980:
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Pretty ticked because it picks high quality players that are going to make the team better? Cam Robinson has played good against the top rated player in the draft. In 2010, the 49ers went offensive line to get their line better, and it worked. Obviously Iupati and Davis are no longer on the team.

Everybody wants Garrett, but nobody talks about the offensive lineman who contained him.

But wasn't Garrett playing with an injured leg?
Originally posted by Alfienator:

Yup.

Use 3rd rounder on a guy recovering from an ACL tear lmao.

Zero qbs?

This is beyond terrible mock

He was moving around on the field like a guy with no injured leg, especially, if you look at the play with under a minute to go, he was able to get underneath pretty quick and get to the running back.

So, if he was hampered by any leg injury, it wasn't showing on film nor in his play; He still had 7 tackles, but no sacks, and that one play against Robinson came when the game was already over with under a minute to go.
[ Edited by 49erproudfan1980 on Dec 24, 2016 at 1:49 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Yup.

Use 3rd rounder on a guy recovering from an ACL tear lmao.

Zero qbs?

This is beyond terrible mock

Missed that last pick huh? Pick a QB in the first, and not make sure he's adequately protected; You'll end up with another Alex Smith situation where he has potential, but it never shows due to not having adequate protection.

He was moving around on the field like a guy with no injured leg, especially, if you look at the play with under a minute to go, he was able to get underneath pretty quick and get to the running back.

So, if he was hampered by any leg injury, it wasn't showing on film nor in his play; He still had 7 tackles, but no sacks, and that one play against Robinson came when the game was already over with under a minute to go.

Now imagine if he wasn't injured

Robinson and Garrett played against each other in 2015 as well, and Robinson did good than too; You guys can blame it on an "injury" all you want, but no injury showed in his play. Plus, if the guy is injured, he isn't playing with less than a minute to go in a game that is already over.

Robinson and Garrett played against each other in 2015 as well, and Robinson did good than too; You guys can blame it on an "injury" all you want, but no injury showed in his play. Plus, if the guy is injured, he isn't playing with less than a minute to go in a game that is already over.

Garrett had 3.5 tackles for loss and 7 total tackles. That's hardly being contained. Alabama gameplanned for him and got rid of the ball early.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tamu.247sports.com/Bolt/Myles-Garrett-Gets-High-Grade-From-NFLcom-For-Alabama-Game-48560935/Amp?client=safari

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Garrett had 3.5 tackles for loss and 7 total tackles. That's hardly being contained. Alabama gameplanned for him and got rid of the ball early.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/tamu.247sports.com/Bolt/Myles-Garrett-Gets-High-Grade-From-NFLcom-For-Alabama-Game-48560935/Amp?client=safari

Robinson wasn't on Garrett the whole time; And, as I said, with under a minute to go Garrett got through for a tackle for loss when the game was already over with under a minute left.

If you actually watch the link I posted, you can see how well Robinson did against him; That link is a breakdown of Robinsons game, not the entire Alabama offensive line (they wouldn't be drafting the entire Alabama offensive line).
[ Edited by 49erproudfan1980 on Dec 24, 2016 at 2:08 PM ]
Possibly the worst mock draft I've ever seen on this site and that is saying something.

1st round pick-A guy who got arrested not too long ago, who nobody has projected in the Top 5.

Absolutely no QB for a team that has zero QB's. Taking a flyer on a guy in the 7th round who likely won't take a snap in the NFL is meaningless.

Drafting a guy best suited to be a 4-3 DE as your edge rusher.

ILB that just tore his ACL and will likely be able to contribute little if anything as a rookie.

Truly would be a Trent Baalke draft.

If you actually watch the link I posted, you can see how well Robinson did against him;

Garrett was playing on one good leg that game, but I'm sure that didn't help.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Possibly the worst mock draft I've ever seen on this site and that is saying something.

1st round pick-A guy who got arrested not too long ago, who nobody has projected in the Top 5.

Absolutely no QB for a team that has zero QB's. Taking a flyer on a guy in the 7th round who likely won't take a snap in the NFL is meaningless.

Drafting a guy best suited to be a 4-3 DE as your edge rusher.

ILB that just tore his ACL and will likely be able to contribute little if anything as a rookie.

Truly would be a Trent Baalke draft.

It's so not the worst draft, but I kind of knew this is what you people would do (no offense, but a lot of you online 49er fans are really bitterly negative, but I get that due to how the team has been playing).

Here is some information on that whole case (knowing what happened is always a good thing): http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2016/06/attorney_reveals_new_details_i.html.

I like Terrell, but I want to see what he's going to do against Wisconsin; Especially on a late round selection, it's worth the shot on a guy who has higher upside than a down side based on that round selection. You also say "most likely won't", so obviously it's not meaningless since he may take a snap in the NFL regardless of what you think might happen. You kind of just destroyed your own point you were trying to make.

Also, Solomon, was specified he could be fitted to be an OLB as well in one of the analysts descriptions.
[ Edited by 49erproudfan1980 on Dec 24, 2016 at 2:20 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Garrett was playing on one good leg that game, but I'm sure that didn't help.

He was playing on more than one good leg, but whatever helps you guys try and destroy an online mock draft that was done for fun lol.
[ Edited by 49erproudfan1980 on Dec 24, 2016 at 2:18 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone