LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 245 users in the forums

Geek's X-mas Mock

Originally posted by Andra:
Ok, I'll agree that he is not worth 9 mil and he may not be a part of the rebuild but I do think he is a consistent player not great but you know what you are going to get. Brock on the other hand cannot be counted on. Gets burned to often and struggles with getting his head turned around defending the pass.

Yeah Brock can go as well...both will cost next to nothing to move on and we should do that
Originally posted by GEEK:
Originally posted by fan49:
I love the draft but things have changed as of now. We're tied with the Browns therefore we have the first pick and I think no matter what we go Garrett if we keep the first pick and lose out

Nothing has changed until the 49ers finish their game. Then we can see where pick and go from there.

Agreed if we pick #1, it's Garrett. No question.

This

BUT -
Lots of moving parts here but overall, this would be a great offseason.

Only critique would be that I would not trade Torrey Smith if we get Garappolo. Would want to give him every opportunity to succeed, and having a deep threat like Smith is pretty valuable.
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
i don't understand why u would want to trade a high 2nd round pick for garapollo??? mallet, Cassell, ect isnt enough for us to understand its a system thing

look at the player (in college) and tell me if he's a Matt Cassel clone? one was a 2nd rd pick the other a backup in college and a 7th rd pick.

Mallet had more issues from the neck up then anything. For the love of god compare the players not the team they play on.
I don't think a high 2nd alone is enough for Grapps
Holy s**t I would be so happy with this.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I actually likie the draft a lot, but Hyde cannot last a whole season. We need to find a real 1 2 punch. So when not if hyde goes down, we have a real solid backup
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
i don't understand why u would want to trade a high 2nd round pick for garapollo??? mallet, Cassell, ect isnt enough for us to understand its a system thing

An absolute lack of logic in your statement.

Cassel sucked, so Garoppolo must suck as well? Also Mallett sucked while with New England.

Cassel was a 7th round pick that didn't start in college. Garoppolo was a 2nd round pick that was a 4 year starter in college and highly regarded coming into the draft. Cassel had a good season with the Patriots throwing to Randy Moss and Wes Welker. Garoppolo is a far more talented player overall.

It's certainly not a lack of logic. It's a true concern. Brissett is the only QB that didn't look outstanding in NE's offense. That goes back like a decade it seems.

Garappolo would most likely be an upgrade and I'm not against the trade; however, there's plenty of risk with bringing him in. It very well could look like a Brock Osweiller type of situation for us.

You act like Jimmy had receivers like cassell did. Dude looked like a baller period. He looked good in college too. To me he looks better than the so called first rounders in this years draft. I hope your not making these comments and than on the trub train.... with only one season. IMO if not jimmy wait one year and throw the farm at falk or browning!
No thanks to our OLB situation after these moves. The love affair with lynch continues while the brooks hate is in full effect. Lynch's roster spot isn't producing. Lynch and his back ups aren't getting it done for whatever reason and have never got it done in their careers. We need a top end pass rusher in lynch's spot before we draft or sign the other olb who mostly is used to chip TEs, set the edge, and drop into coverage.

The only reason brooks is asked to rush the QB is because the lack of ability for lynch's spot to get to the QB. When aldon was here, brooks only came on stunts. We need an aldon replacement that doesn't exist on this team yet.
Share 49ersWebzone