LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 431 users in the forums

Tanoh Kpassagnon, EDGE, Villanova

What is your perception on this guy. Will he go late in the first round?
Draft thread?
Originally posted by tjd808185:
At 6'7 290 he will not be a pro outside lb. If we were to draft him we'd move him to end.

Agreed.. He's not going to play linebacker in the NFL. I've watched the kid for the past couple years and I like the player, but with so many other needs, he'll probably be off the board by the time we'd consider taking a look at that position.

You never know though, sometimes good players slip right into your lap.
Passing downs he would basically be a 4-3 end or elephant type position.
He just lit up another practice today. I highly doubt he would fall past the mid second if the draft was tomorrow. I could see is stock elevating to the first by draft day. The combine will be huge for him.

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Passing downs he would basically be a 4-3 end or elephant type position.

This is probably the best position for him. Him next to Buck could be insane.
[ Edited by shmuck on Jan 25, 2017 at 3:56 PM ]
https://twitter.com/sportsguytweets/status/824003322206109698

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yoooooooo dude was like quit grabbing me mother f**ker!
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Yoooooooo dude was like quit grabbing me mother f**ker!

Forest Lamp is a beast too. Dude could be a good NFL guard and a great center. He'll probably be a late first/second round pick.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
How the hell did I forget about this guy. With the move to 4-3, this guy and Buckner would own the edge at DE. Perfect fit for both of them. Good luck trying find them throwing lanes for slants Russell Wilson lol.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
How the hell did I forget about this guy. With the move to 4-3, this guy and Buckner would own the edge at DE. Perfect fit for both of them. Good luck trying find them throwing lanes for slants Russell Wilson lol.

Yup. He'd be great on the edge for us. I can't wait to watch him at the combine, he's going to put on a show.

6070 289 35 5/8arms 10 5/8 hands

He's freaking HUGE. I can't wait to see him start running around, going to kill the combine.
Great combine for both Tanoh Kpassagnon and Daeshon Hall who could be targets with our 3rd round picks (maybe earlier depending on how much they move up).

Both came in with 35+" arms and displayed better than expected athleticism. Kpassagnon probably isn't a fit in our new 4-3 assuming we're already set at strong-side DE, but Hall could be a nice addition.

Kpassagnon: 6'7 289 4.83 40, 30" vertical, 128" broad jump, 7.46 3 cone (not great, but not awful and he looked reasonably athletic in drills for someone that size)
Hall: 6'5 266 4.76 40, 36" vertical, 123" broad jump, 7.03 3 cone (great time for someone his size - Thomas was the only guy 260+ with a better time).
Originally posted by shmuck:

Huge prospect people are sleeping on right now. Literally HUGE. 6'7 290 pounds, fast and can bend around the edge. Probably has 36+ inch arms. 2016 CAA defensive player of the year, 2016 AFCA national FCS first team All -American.Absolutely dominated the weaker competition at Villanova with 11.5 sacks 21.5 Tackles for a Loss, 45 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries and 1 FF. Out of all the pass rushers in the draft, he probably has the highest ceiling outside Garrett. Right now people are sleeping on him but when the actual draft season rolls around I'm sure you'll hear his name everywhere (It's pronounced "tawn-o pass-N-yo" BTW). He's got a senior bowl invite and if he performs well I wouldn't be surprised to see him rocket up boards into the first or second round.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/tanoh-kpassagnon/
Wowza, this guys is massive and the film is pretty solid. He's raw, and uses the bull rush maybe a little too frequently.. but it works! Adds a couple nice moves to his arsenal and this guy is going to be an animal in the league Where's his current draft stock at?
I remember him standing out at the senior bowl. I would be 100% excited if we drafted him in round two. The kid can actually rush from the outside, something I cannot see Armstead or Buckner doing consistently.
Share 49ersWebzone