LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 244 users in the forums

Tanoh Kpassagnon, EDGE, Villanova

Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Well his name literally has "pass on" in it so.

If we get another player on the line that big our run d will be worse than it was this year.

Well if you read his full name, it literally has "no pass on" in it so.
http://www.csnphilly.com/ncaa/villanovas-football-tanoh-kpassagnon-speaks-softly-earns-nfl-scouts-attention

Sounds like an interesting kid. The combine will be really interesting for him. 3-4 teams will get a chance to see if he can stand up and move well enough laterally to play in coverage. He looks like a good prospect as a 4-3 DE though. Reminds me a little of Aldon Smith, but isn't as athletic.

Edit: He sounds nothing like Aldon Smith off the field though - this guy already graduated with a finance major and minors in accounting and entrepreneurship with good grades and four job offers. His coaches refer to him as steady too (opposite of Aldon Smith).
[ Edited by eastcoast49ersfan on Dec 24, 2016 at 8:20 AM ]
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
http://www.csnphilly.com/ncaa/villanovas-football-tanoh-kpassagnon-speaks-softly-earns-nfl-scouts-attention

Sounds like an interesting kid. The combine will be really interesting for him. 3-4 teams will get a chance to see if he can stand up and move well enough laterally to play in coverage. He looks like a good prospect as a 4-3 DE though. Reminds me a little of Aldon Smith, but isn't as athletic.

Edit: He sounds nothing like Aldon Smith off the field though - this guy already graduated with a finance major and minors in accounting and entrepreneurship with good grades and four job offers. His coaches refer to him as steady too (opposite of Aldon Smith).

added benefit that he already graduated, so he can practice right after the draft. That'd be a nice change-up after having to wait until late may/early June for our recent 1st rounders.
This kid has a unique blend of size and quickness...but by all accounts he's pretty raw. He put up big numbers at Villanova, but in the NFL he'd be going up against the best OL he's ever faced. I could see a team like NE drafting him...as a DE. Chances are he didn't have to defend receivers in college, so I'd think OLB would definitely be a stretch in the NFL.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
This kid has a unique blend of size and quickness...but by all accounts he's pretty raw. He put up big numbers at Villanova, but in the NFL he'd be going up against the best OL he's ever faced. I could see a team like NE drafting him...as a DE. Chances are he didn't have to defend receivers in college, so I'd think OLB would definitely be a stretch in the NFL.

He displays effective hand technique at times. His spin move wasn't bad. He'd need to be more consistent and add more tools to his tool belt. I know that academics and athletics are different in terms of learning, but he seems like a quick study, both as a college student and in his football film study. Hopefully those two characteristics would point toward him being a guy who could acquire and implement new techniques quickly and effectively. Honestly, who knows? Haley seemed liked like a fool and a crazy person, but he acquired new moves all the time. Justin Smith seemed like a guy who'd rather throw hay bales all day than study kenisiology and biomechanics, but that dude was an encyclopedia of complex technique and combined moves.
Nice prospect
If we cant get garrett draft him in 2-3rd round.
Given his height and weight, i think he is best for a 4-3. Unless we move to a 4-3, i wouldnt want to spend a high pick on him.
Senior bowl measurements coming in at 6'6 7/8, 280, 10 7/8 hands, 34 7/8 arms, and an 84 1/2 inch wingspan. Yup that's a big dude.

EDIT: It seems we also interviewed him at the senior bowl. One of two players we've talked to so far. I'm also hearing he dominated everyone in drills. Looking very good so far.
[ Edited by shmuck on Jan 24, 2017 at 4:30 PM ]
Nike is sweating having to spell this guys name right.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Reports SF, eagles, and Rams talk to him a lot today.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Draft Garrett in the first and this guy later. And if Lynch doesn't step up hopefully this project could work out. Boom
Draft Garrett in the first and this guy later. And if Lynch doesn't step up hopefully this project could work out. Boom

All kinds edge rushers
  • fly15
  • Veteran
Sounds like a balkee pick
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Take Foster in the first and Kpassagnon in the 2nd.
Share 49ersWebzone