There are 253 users in the forums

Can DEFO stand up?

Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Ugh. A 300lb OLB? Have we finally and completely lost our minds? Allen is bad value for the 49ers. He's another 1st round 5-tech in our 3-4, which Armstead and Buckner already are, except he has less length than them. We'd have 3 guys for two spots, all 1st rounders. He's a 3-tech in a 4-3, which is exactly what Armstead (and likely Buckner would also be). We'd have 2-3 guys for 1 spot.

FWIW, Peppers is bad value anywhere in the top 10, IMO. How can a safety be a game changer with one INT in his entire college career?

I agree with all of this. Honestly wouldn't take Peppers in the top 20 even.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
Justin Smith went from the most dominant defender in football to just a guy after suffering a similar injury, but tell me again how much you glean from film. A defensive lineman with a bad shoulder, especially in a 3-4, is going to look bad. AA looked worse than Cowboy, because Cowboy was a better player before he got hurt.

There's a reason why most rookie DL aren't very good, but their games elevate considerably over the course of three years, particularly in run defense, but I'm sure you know all that. You must be pretty well schooled in all this to take such a mocking condescending tone on the internet. Because, you know, no one would act way too confident in their ignorance to risk embarrassing their essentially anonymous screen name.

AA struggled to hold the point w/his injury, but he still lived in the opposing backfield whenever the defensive play call designated that he one gap. He made several wow plays going forward. Watch that film you swear by. It's there.

BTW, only 1 of those 2 guys is a rookie this year.

Just gonna agree to disagree with ya man. He had the injury in TC and they raved about him. Got pushed around when it counted. They decided to let him play with it for half the season. He'll have 1 or 2 plays where he does well but dude, this is our 1st round pick were talking about. Brock makes a decent play around the same rate, maybe we should keep him as a mainstay. I'll be more than happy to have you serve me some crow but until then, moving on bro.

Cool.
Didn't buck stand up in certain situations at Oregon, fouls have swore I seen that in his highlights
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:
Didn't buck stand up in certain situations at Oregon, fouls have swore I seen that in his highlights

He did, just to move around and switch gaps just before the snap. He wasn't playing OLB, though. He was still just one of Oregon's 3 rushers.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

He did, just to move around and switch gaps just before the snap. He wasn't playing OLB, though. He was still just one of Oregon's 3 rushers.

Fouls?, damn this auto type/correct!
Not an OLB but buck can most definitely play nose tackle and be a DT on nickel pass rush situation we need a pass rush I would love to have Allen he may be athletic enough to kick to OLB himself he's only 265 lynch is bigger than him, but for that I'd rather trade back and take Tim Williams or Foster
Originally posted by Gmarq49:
Not an OLB but buck can most definitely play nose tackle and be a DT on nickel pass rush situation we need a pass rush I would love to have Allen he may be athletic enough to kick to OLB himself he's only 265 lynch is bigger than him, but for that I'd rather trade back and take Tim Williams or Foster

This is perfect example of people who don't watch tape and base their assessments on draft blogs. How the hell can you watch Allen's tape and believe he's only 265? smh

He's 291 lbs

http://www.rolltide.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=3077
Originally posted by Gmarq49:

Allen is 290ish. He's not anywhere near as athletic as Aaron Donald was coming out either.
Sack fo DEFO!
It's funny bc the way the niners whole organization is going and the luck they have had the past 4 years I wouldn't be surprised if they stupidly ask Buckner to drop 25 lbs and play OLB lol they would turn an almost definite star into a bust..just read what I wrote and it sounds like a move the niners would make..🙃😑

Share 49ersWebzone