There are 182 users in the forums

Josh Allen-QB-Wyoming-2018

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
except wentz sucks

By that same logic, so did Peyton Manning as a rookie. Its normal for rookie QB's to struggle but Wentz showed enough that its quite reasonable to expect that he has a long future as a starter in the NFL.

Agreed...Allen was a first yr starter I'm expecting improvement
He could win the Heismen.

Absolute stud prototype.

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/05/16/josh-allen-wyoming-cowboys-2018-nfl-draft

He is a Californian so if he comes to the 9ers; it will be like coming home.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2708976-josh-allen-may-be-a-no-1-nfl-draft-pick-and-the-franchise-qb-your-team-needs

The cashier at Dickey's Barbecue Pit across the street from War Memorial Stadium cannot help himself. The moment Allen enters, he doesn't take his eyes off him.

He knows his order by now: four chicken sliders, a salad and a side of waffle fries. When Allen orders only one sandwich because of a workout in 45 minutes, the man looks concerned. Allen says hello before retreating to a table in the back of the restaurant.

"Being the quarterback of a small school," Allen says as he sits, "your name kind of gets around."
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by Stevec9932:
except wentz sucks

This.

And there's a pretty big difference between 10 picks and 15 picks. If Allen can get that down to 10, that'll show some major improvement (33% reduction is pretty big). Young also threw 9.6 YPA his last year in college, so Allen's got an entire 1 YPA to improve before we can start comparing his numbers to Young's.

Young also played against much harder competition.

Again, it's irresponsible to even say Allen is ready to be a pro', much less a great one.

Your the one that brought up INTs and both has double digs in that area.

I don't know why you're counting digits. 15 is 50% more than 10. 5 picks is a huge difference in 11 games. Allen has to get that down if he's going to be a good prospect.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jun 16, 2017 at 12:29 AM ]
I don't know why you're counting digits. 15 is 50% more than 10. 5 picks is a huge difference in 11 games. Allen has to get that down if he's going to be a good prospect.

Why in the hell do you bold players names? I've asked this for yrs and you've never explained it I know who you're talking about you don't have to bold names man.... I guess I could throw Wilson's 14 ints in one season against him too?

It's a good thing he's was a 1st yr starter and is staying another yr...I want progress for sure. I love the intangibles, 5 ints came from one game at the beginning of the season, after that game the ints went down a little.

I still like Rosen the best for this team based on mechanics, but I'm intrigued with Allen. I also value Matt miller's opinion and he has him as his top QB right now.

Why in the hell do you bold players names? I've asked this for yrs and you've never explained it I know who you're talking about you don't have to bold names man.... I guess I could throw Wilson's 14 ints in one season against him too?

It's a good thing he's was a 1st yr starter and is staying another yr...I want progress for sure. I love the intangibles, 5 ints came from one game at the beginning of the season, after that game the ints went down a little.

I still like Rosen the best for this team based on mechanics, but I'm intrigued with Allen. I also value Matt miller's opinion and he has him as his top QB right now.

You're getting WAY too worked up over a font. I bold the names, so if I go back & read an old post, I can scan it faster to see what it was about. I don't see what the big deal is. Ever notice that WZ does that automatically when you quote someone (although that wasn't why I started doing it)?

And Russell Wilson threw 14 picks at NC State, but his last year in college, he threw 4. So you're making my point for me. If Allen can get those turnovers down, then we'll have something to talk about. If he can't, then I think it'd be irresponsible to call him a great prospect, much less the "greatest" (potentially) someone's ever seen.

If he can't get the turnovers down, he's more of a Paxton Lynch prospect (who I thought wasn't very good) than a Marcus Mariota.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Jun 16, 2017 at 10:44 AM ]

Same here. But it's for Rosen's ability to quickly survey the field & go through progressions. I'd rather have a Rhodes scholar as a QB than a guy who's big, strong & fast.

Allen is extremely intriguing, but I need to see consistent accuracy & a mental grasp of the game before I get too excited about him (which will lead to fewer picks).
You're getting WAY too worked up over a font. I bold the names, so if I go back & read an old post, I can scan it faster to see what it was about. I don't see what the big deal is. Ever notice that WZ does that automatically when you quote someone (although that wasn't why I started doing it)?

And Russell Wilson threw 14 picks at NC State, but his last year in college, he threw 4. So you're making my point for me. If Allen can get those turnovers down, then we'll have something to talk about. If he can't, then I think it'd be irresponsible to call him a great prospect, much less the "greatest" (potentially) someone's ever seen.

If he can't get the turnovers down, he's more of a Paxton Lynch prospect (who I thought wasn't very good) than a Marcus Mariota.

Far from worked up just curious as to why you do that all the time...people that you're replying to see that in a different light, then what you're using it for that's all.

Yeah he's got one yr as a starter, I expect those ints to go down with more time in the same system and getting all the reps....I never said anything otherwise, you're the one that jumped to conclusions thinking I think he's the best thing since sliced bread lol. I'm pointing out that good qbs had some pretty s**tty INT numbers in college, don't see why he can't improve either.

It's all good
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jun 18, 2017 at 7:21 AM ]
Apparently Allen crushed the annual manning passing academy this yr.

And that's with all the big names there (minus Rosen).

One kid that also jumped out was Tanner Lee who's a transfer from Tulane to Nebraska.

Archie Manning also stated this was the best class of qbs that they've ever had at that academy.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Jul 2, 2017 at 10:46 AM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

One kid that also jumped out was Tanner Lee who's a transfer from Tulane to Nebraska.

Archie Manning also stated this was the best class of qbs that they've ever had at that academy.

Which doesn't really mean anything.

Originally posted by Jcool:

Which doesn't really mean anything.

lol whatever there's nothing else to talk about with college football...thanks for the 2 cents

Kaepernick also crushed the Manning academy. Guys with big arms tend to do well there.
If this kid came out would he have been the 1st QB taken this yr..?
Originally posted by jersey49er:
If this kid came out would he have been the 1st QB taken this yr..?

Would have been close between him and Trubisky. Allen's physical tools blow anyone in this year's draft out of the water, but he was very inconsistent. If he plays well this year, he'll be a far better prospect than Trubisky was. If he doesn't he'll still be a better prospect than Mahomes. Darnold would have been the top QB taken this year and Rosen would have been in the discussion. Next year's QB class looks ridiculously good right now.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Kaepernick also crushed the Manning academy. Guys with big arms tend to do well there.

True. If only Kaep progressed as a passing QB....
Share 49ersWebzone