LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 297 users in the forums

The Browns draft Myles Garrett, who should the 49ers take?

I've seen lots of posts about BPA, drafting for need, etc. and it's all good but the reality is that the Browns will most likely take Myles Garrett.

If they do, who would you draft if you were the 49ers GM? (assuming you can't trade the pick)

1) Mitch Trubisky

2. DeShaun Watson

3. Jonathan Allen

4. Leonard Fournette

5. DeShone Kizer

6. Jabrill Peppers

7. Dalvin Cook

8. Reuben Foster

[ Edited by Pick4Six on Dec 22, 2016 at 10:26 AM ]
#4. hes BPA and hyde is not able to be relied on
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stefano89:

1. He is NOT BPA 2. Hyde can be relied on.
Trubisky or Watson.

/thread
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Trubisky hands down.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
You find a team who wants Jonathan Allen, who normally would be a no brainer pick for the 49ers, because he is the clear 1B in this draft & work out a trade.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 22, 2016 at 9:40 AM ]
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Jcool:
You find a team who wants Jonathan Allen, who normally would be a no brainer pick for the 49ers, because he is the clear 1B in this draft & work out a trade.

And if you cant find a dance partner then what ?
  • Tman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by stefano89:

#7 will be the better back and would be a better compliment to Hyde imo

That being said, I don't think we should draft an rb in the first

Unless we're willing to get bent over and massively shortchanged(which is f**king moronic), were never get adequate compensation for the #2 overall pick unless it's for a QB.

Who would you pick if you can't trade?

The situation I presented above is very real in four months.

It's very likely we trade down no matter who the browns take. But if they take Garret you gotta go top QB.

Allen is not 1B. He may be the 2nd best player in the draft, but he's nowhere near Garrett given the position he plays. There is no 1B in the class - it's Myles Garrett and then everyone else.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Allen is not 1B. He may be the 2nd best player in the draft, but he's nowhere near Garrett given the position he plays. There is no 1B in the class - it's Myles Garrett and then everyone else.

This. I'd still go with a quarterback over trading down.
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
If we can find a trade partner, Tim Williams, Reuben Foster or Mike Williams would be excellent picks. If not, Allen should be the pick. I think he could be even better than Aaron Donald.
I'm good with either Trubisky or Watson. Kizer worries me. IMO it's either Garrett or a QB.
Share 49ersWebzone