LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 304 users in the forums

Why Mike Williams over others

Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Well, if we can trade our 2nd round pick to NE for Garoppolo, we would be in business. Then we can trade back from #2, grab Mike Williams and use the 2nd (and probably 3rd) we just acquired to move up and grab Foster But we would have to get Garoppolo before Day 1 AND Garrett to be off the board

I would be completely fine with this scenario. Adding 2 cornerstones to the offense and defense in the draft and bringing in Garropollo.

WOW!
I haven't seen Corey Davis a whole lot. Can he get those contested catches? Highpoint the ball?

That's the WR I want if he can.
[ Edited by amosmac28 on Dec 22, 2016 at 11:19 AM ]
Mike Williams is a good blocker, too, FWIW.

Watkins
Hopkins
Bryant (when not on weed)
Brown
Humphries
Peake

Just take the Clemson WR right now. #WRU
Well, if we can trade our 2nd round pick to NE for Garoppolo, we would be in business. Then we can trade back from #2, grab Mike Williams and use the 2nd (and probably 3rd) we just acquired to move up and grab Foster But we would have to get Garoppolo before Day 1 AND Garrett to be off the board

Would rather have Garoppolo, Garrett and move up for a WR from the 3rd round pick. Add an NT, ILB, C with the remaining picks and call it a draft.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 22, 2016 at 5:13 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Would rather have Garoppolo, Garrett and move up for a WR from the 3rd round pick. Add an NT, ILB, C with the remaining picks and call it a draft.

We would be crazy to trade out of 2 with Garrett on the board so this particular scenario is assuming he isn't there.
Originally posted by amosmac28:
I haven't seen Corey Davis a whole lot. Can he get those contested catches? Highpoint the ball?

That's the WR I want if he can.

Like this?

Would LOVE that!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Like this?

Originally posted by DeHubb:
Just wanting some understanding on this. I like Mike Williams dont get me wrong. But if Mike Williams is the highly sought after WR considerably across the board then why wasnt he a finalist for the Biletnikoff Award even with playing with one of the best QBs in college?

I think it's because they have so many different weapons. Clemson is loaded at the skill position and not just loaded with good college players, they are loaded with guys that will be playing in the NFL in the next couple of years. Mike Williams will have over 1,200 yards this year when it's all said and done but you also have Gallman who rushed for over 1,000, Watson who rushed for over 500, Jordan Leggett (will probably be a 2nd round pick) has over 600 yards receiving, Deon Cain (who will probably be a 1st or 2nd round pick when he comes out) has over 600 yards receiving, Artavis Scott (who will be a mid round pick) will have over 600 yards receiving plus you have their shifty slot guy, Renfrow. So they have weapons and ball distribution all over the field and as good as Williams is, he just doesn't get the targets like he would if we played somewhere else.

This. Watson was spoiled at the QB position this year with all those weapons. Mike Williams may be the top WR in the class, but he's not an elite prospect like Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, Julio Jones, Sammy Watkins, Mike Evans, or Amari Cooper. There are questions about his injury history and deep speed.

Here's a good article about Williams.

http://www.catscratchreader.com/2016/12/20/14007030/2017-nfl-draft-potential-panther-mike-williams
Originally posted by Heroism:
Like this?

Right!

Would LOVE that!

Where do I sign?
Originally posted by English:

Would LOVE that!

Where do I sign?

If that trade happened, then I'd have no problem in trading down from 2.

We will have used #2 to snap up Garrett!
Originally posted by English:

We will have used #2 to snap up Garrett!

Ahhh my bad a lot of moving parts to make that work lol
This guy will be a top 5 pick
Share 49ersWebzone