LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 282 users in the forums

BPA

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Absolutely not. If Allen is clearly the best player available after Garnett is taken, we should trade down with a team that wants Allen. Probably won't get a ton in return, but it's better than drafting a player you don't need at all (3-4 DE) or taking a player you could have had 2-3 picks later for less money along with getting the extra pick.

Do you think Armstead prevents us from taking an elite talent like Allen? The logic wouldn't be good because of where we foolishly took Armstead two years ago but Allen is BY FAR a better player than AA and it isn't close. I would have zero issues taking Allen and running out Allen, NT (Hopefully Poe or Brandon Williams), and Buckner with AA the first off the bench if Garrett is gone. We need run stopping and pass rushing help on defense in the worst way imaginable and both Allen and Garrett provide that.
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Dec 21, 2016 at 2:21 PM ]
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Absolutely not. If Allen is clearly the best player available after Garnett is taken, we should trade down with a team that wants Allen. Probably won't get a ton in return, but it's better than drafting a player you don't need at all (3-4 DE) or taking a player you could have had 2-3 picks later for less money along with getting the extra pick.

Do you think Armstead prevents us from taking an elite talent like Allen? The logic wouldn't be good because of where we foolishly took Armstead two years ago but Allen is BY FAR a better player than AA and it isn't close. I would have zero issues taking Allen and running out Allen, NT (Hopefully Poe or Brandon Williams), and Buckner with AA the first off the bench if Garrett is gone. We need run stopping and pass rushing help on defense in the worst way imaginable and both Allen and Garrett provide that.

Yes I do. Allen is way better than Armstead, but we have too many holes on our roster to start replacing one of our few promising players. If Allen is far and away the BPA, then I vote we trade down to a team that needs him.

If we didn't have as many issues at more important positions I'd think about it....at this point I'd be surprised and pissed if we went that route.

Myles and if he's gone I'd go qb unless someone offered the farm to move up and we still were looking at a top 5 pick.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

Yes I do. Allen is way better than Armstead, but we have too many holes on our roster to start replacing one of our few promising players. If Allen is far and away the BPA, then I vote we trade down to a team that needs him.

Both Allen and McDowell are better than AA. Any one of those 2 with Poe would do wonders for our run defense.

Agreed and I'd trade down only if we could still land one of the top two qbs
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If we didn't have as many issues at more important positions I'd think about it....at this point I'd be surprised and pissed if we went that route.

Myles and if he's gone I'd go qb unless someone offered the farm to move up and we still were looking at a top 5 pick.

We have so many holes on our team that BPA will take care of drafting for need. Unless we strike gold in this draft with a new front office or actually spend to get decent free agents, we're about 2 drafts away from fielding a decent team.

NT
ILB
QB
WR
LG
C
DE
OLB
FS
TE

Agreed and I'd trade down only if we could still land one of the top two qbs

Agreed, but I disagree about who the top two qbs are as you know
Yeah, I think you take the best player. It is our historic insistence on relying on Baalke's mistakes for too long and one of those mistakes is sticking with a base 3-4. I'd love to take Allen (who can play inside and outside) and convert to a 4-3. I think a front four of Buckner, Armstead, Allen, and Lynch would be a good start.
Originally posted by TheNef77:
We have so many holes on our team that BPA will take care of drafting for need. Unless we strike gold in this draft with a new front office or actually spend to get decent free agents, we're about 2 drafts away from fielding a decent team.

NT
ILB
QB
WR
LG
C
DE
OLB
FS
TE

Right we are a couple drafts away that still doesn't mean you target positions that we are young and still figuring out who's part of the future...going DE with another high end pick isn't the way to improve the team IMO.

We currently have not one single qb one the roster in 2017, not one lol.

We are in a position to get the best one in the draft...are there any Andrew luck talent qbs? No really, but there isn't anything like that setup for next yrs draft either. Most college qbs nowadays have to be developed, so why not start now vs two or three yrs from now?

If people really really hate AA and think he has no future then why not get a good vet on the DL? Campbell, baker, JPP, sheard etc...

We do have a ton of cash to burn and we do need some solid vet presence with all the youth we currently have.
Originally posted by midrdan:
Yeah, I think you take the best player. It is our historic insistence on relying on Baalke's mistakes for too long and one of those mistakes is sticking with a base 3-4. I'd love to take Allen (who can play inside and outside) and convert to a 4-3. I think a front four of Buckner, Armstead, Allen, and Lynch would be a good start.

So if a safety is the 2nd rated player and the qb is the 4th rated you take the safety?? I wouldn't
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 21, 2016 at 4:43 PM ]

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Right we are a couple drafts away that still doesn't mean you target positions that we are young and still figuring out who's part of the future...going DE with another high end pick isn't the way to improve the team IMO.

We currently have not one single qb one the roster in 2017, not one lol.

We are in a position to get the best one in the draft...are there any Andrew luck talent qbs? No really, but there isn't anything like that setup for next yrs draft either. Most college qbs nowadays have to be developed, so why not start now vs two or three yrs from now?

If people really really hate AA and think he has no future then why not get a good vet on the DL? Campbell, baker, JPP, sheard etc...

We do have a ton of cash to burn and we do need some solid vet presence with all the youth we currently have.
Bro if we get to spending that cap space to fill some of those needs, I'm all for trading down and still being in position to grab either Watson or Trubisky. I still think Watson is a taller Russell Wilson but the general public is undervaluing the guy. I'm all for getting that extra pick with him.
Bro if we get to spending that cap space to fill some of those needs, I'm all for trading down and still being in position to grab either Watson or Trubisky. I still think Watson is a taller Russell Wilson but the general public is undervaluing the guy. I'm all for getting that extra pick with him.

I like both qbs as well think people are undervaluing them.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

I like both qbs as well think people are undervaluing them.
If we go with Kyle Shanahan, I want Tru. If we actually let Chip run his system, I want Watson. Right now we're running Baalke's system masked as Chip Kelly's offense.

JoN pretty much confirmed that they have no say in the 53. Rush not called up. Bethea still in. Ward still a CB. Smelter not being used when big blocking WRs are essential in the Oregon O. These guys still being used like how there were under Tomsula. Watson would tear it up in Chip's system with the hurry up and personnel.
If we go with Kyle Shanahan, I want Tru. If we actually let Chip run his system, I want Watson. Right now we're running Baalke's system masked as Chip Kelly's offense.

JoN pretty much confirmed that they have no say in the 53. Rush not called up. Bethea still in. Ward still a CB. Smelter not being used when big blocking WRs are essential in the Oregon O. These guys still being used like how there were under Tomsula. Watson would tear it up in Chip's system with the hurry up and personnel.

Totally agree I do think Mitch could run chips offense as well...god I can't wait to get rid of baalke

Totally agree I do think Mitch could run chips offense as well...god I can't wait to get rid of baalke

Why in the BLEEP is he still with the team????!!!!!!! DAMN!!!!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone