BPA

1. Garrett
2. Allen
3. Leonard Fournette
4. Mike Williams
5. Mitch Trubisky
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
It's easy to say BPA when you have the most important position on your team filled, which would be Quarterback. If you don't have one, you need to get one, it's that simple.

No team drafts on BPA alone. You fit BPA with the needs you have on your team.

That's been my contention.

But I'm curious who you think the BPA are.

1. Myles Garrett
2. Jonathan Allen
3. Leonard Fournette
4. Reuben Foster
5. Mitch Trubisky

Also, Watson would be in my top 10. And although I rank Fournette in my top 5, he's not the guy I would want even at RB from this draft and I would be seriously pissed if he were the pick at #2, but I'm sure he won't be.
Originally posted by fan49:
If there was a top 5 QB, I'd agree 100% but simply there's not. I can't even put a QB in my top 10. Maybe not 15.

Please tell me what it is that doesn't make Turbisky and Watson top 10 prospects?

I just would like to hear a breakdown of why from you....and what a QB has to be to be a top 10 pick for you.

Also what players do you have in the top 10 ahead of them-thanks.
I want Allen
I HATE tha BPA BS its a cop out have some balls and put a name and face to who u think is best and who u want....
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
1 - Jonathan Allen
2- Myles Garrett
3- Mitch Trubisky
4 - Deshaun Watson
5 - Corey Davis

Do you think we should take Allen if Garrett is gone?

I've seen mocks that do exactly that.
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
I HATE tha BPA BS its a cop out have some balls and put a name and face to who u think is best and who u want....

It's not a cop out because so many people use it.

A think it's a combo of need and BPA.

IMO, we don't need a whole bunch of good to average players.

We need impact guys who can come in and kick ass!

Like Garrett, Allen.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If there was a top 5 QB, I'd agree 100% but simply there's not. I can't even put a QB in my top 10. Maybe not 15.

Please tell me what it is that doesn't make Turbisky and Watson top 10 prospects?

I just would like to hear a breakdown of why from you....and what a QB has to be to be a top 10 pick for you.

For Watson, it's easy - his size, ability to see the field from the pocket (locks onto WRs), and a combination of the offense he played in and the talent he played with. His receivers are consistently more talented than opposing secondaries - you're looking at a likely 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick in Mike Williams, Jordan Leggett, and Artavis Scott plus a likely 1st/2nd round pick next season in Deon Cain who is ranked as one of the top WRs in his class. For someone who doesn't have Kizer in his top 100 prospects, you're oddly forgiving about Watson's weaknesses.

I would still probably put Watson at 9 or 10, but there are very obvious concerns with him. Most people don't think Watson is a top 10 prospect.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Pre-bowl game

1. Garrett
2. Robinson
3. Peppers
4. Fournette
5. McDowell
[ Edited by TheNef77 on Dec 20, 2016 at 3:36 PM ]
1 - Jonathan Allen
2- Myles Garrett
3- Mitch Trubisky
4 - Deshaun Watson
5 - Corey Davis

I don't know, that would depend on coaching and scheme. He's just such a good player, makes people around him better.

1 - Jonathan Allen
2- Myles Garrett
3- Mitch Trubisky
4 - Deshaun Watson
5 - Corey Davis

Absolutely not. If Allen is clearly the best player available after Garnett is taken, we should trade down with a team that wants Allen. Probably won't get a ton in return, but it's better than drafting a player you don't need at all (3-4 DE) or taking a player you could have had 2-3 picks later for less money along with getting the extra pick.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

All im saying without a 5 page essay is there are 10 better players. I agreed with the fact of if we are at pick 2 and watson was the 5th most talented player. At 2 you take him. and that goes for trubs too. I cant put either one above allen, garrett, peppers, fournette,tabor, Mike Williams, Foster, adams etc. Just cant do it, I full heartedly believe that. Obviously you can push fournette down a little do to hyde. and QB up a little due to no QB. But Im not drafting at 2 to draft a player strictly talnet wise sitting after 10. I need the best player possible maybe reach 3 spots for need. Reaching for an 11th ranked player with all our holes makes 0 sense to me.
SB Nation did a pretty good job breaking down Watson's 15 INTs this year. It's worth a read.

Basically the knocks on him - he lacks understanding and anticipation of where the defense is playing at times. A handful of picks were literally thrown into an area occupied by a defender that he either didn't see or felt he could throw past. He is pretty accurate historically but tends to throw behind his receivers. He benefits greatly from having talented WRs that can win contested throws. He lacks touch on the deep balls. He overthrew a number of posts and go routes. Doesn't let his receivers catch up to the ball by putting air under it.

To me, he looks a lot like Kaep. He has good speed and is a superior athlete and can make some incredible throws but there is a big question as to whether he will develop into a pocket passer. And this league is won by pocket passers.
"lacks touch on the deep ball" has to be a joke. Watson's intermediate/deep ball touch is one of his best attributes.

• TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by Heroism:
"lacks touch on the deep ball" has to be a joke. Watson's intermediate/deep ball touch is one of his best attributes.

He's throwing it with anticipation too. Starts his delivery before the WR is open. That quality is hard to coach, especially among dual threat QBs.
Share 49ersWebzone