LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 234 users in the forums

I think, we should pass to Quartback.

Tough call and some good points-of-view on both sides.

IMO, none of the QB's in this draft are worth a top 5 pick.

I think Garrett is easily worth a #1-3 pick

Then again, if the BPA argument comes into play - it's Garrett by a landslide.

And many in the Zone use the BPA model as gospel!
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by fan49:
what we can do is draft for defense early period. Denver is doing fine without a qb, because there defense is great. if not garrett then foster. who knows, but if we draft at 2 we need to get a top 2 talent player. And obviously no QB is top 2 talent wise. even if we get foster, with him, ray ray, and bowman run d will get way better. id even go corner, if we start ward, teez tabor, reid, tarrt would be a nasty secondary!

We've drafted defense in the first 4 yrs in a row lol!!

Denver is doing well??? They just scored 3 pts yesterday and are 8-6 that's good? They also have 2 top end WRs AND their whole defense is full of top talent everywhere.

Drafting foster at two would be the dumbest thing you could do...dude has on of the top DLs and gets clean tackles all day. Getting a ILB of a CB does little to make this team better. Qb can change the whole franchise and actually get FAs to come here not a CB or ILB.

8-6 is a hell of a lot better than 1-15
  • fan49
  • Veteran
what we can do is draft for defense early period. Denver is doing fine without a qb, because there defense is great. if not garrett then foster. who knows, but if we draft at 2 we need to get a top 2 talent player. And obviously no QB is top 2 talent wise. even if we get foster, with him, ray ray, and bowman run d will get way better. id even go corner, if we start ward, teez tabor, reid, tarrt would be a nasty secondary!

We've drafted defense in the first 4 yrs in a row lol!!

Denver is doing well??? They just scored 3 pts yesterday and are 8-6 that's good? They also have 2 top end WRs AND their whole defense is full of top talent everywhere.

Drafting foster at two would be the dumbest thing you could do...dude has on of the top DLs and gets clean tackles all day. Getting a ILB of a CB does little to make this team better. Qb can change the whole franchise and actually get FAs to come here not a CB or ILB.

if we were 8-6 because of our defense. then we bring in a qb who has a 50/50 chance of being good. if we ar 1 and 15 bring in watson on a huge reach at 2, we more than likely go 1-15 again.

yes and that defense was mainly bought...you act like if we draft Myle Garrett we are magically gonna have a top defense.

they went from 13-3, 13-3, 12-4,12-4 to 8-6 without a QB and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose their two last games and miss the playoffs.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 19, 2016 at 1:22 PM ]
if we were 8-6 because of our defense. then we bring in a qb who has a 50/50 chance of being good. if we ar 1 and 15 bring in watson on a huge reach at 2, we more than likely go 1-15 again.

We've drafted defense in the 1st 4 yrs in a row lol...like I stated most of those players in Denver were established vets brought in. You act like all these defensive prospects won't be bust, but guess what they can just he same as a QB.

Why is Watson or Turbisky a HUGE reach? because a safety or DE is ranked above them? Yeah getting someone like that is really gonna change the state of this team lol.

One guy on defense isn't gonna magically make this team a .500 squad but a QB can change a franchise and make a offense go from s**t to good.
I'd Garret is on the Board it's a no brainer. Take him. I don't like idea of drafting a QB just because you need one. I'm sure there are a couple our new GM will like that he can take in the 2nd or 3rd. I would also look for a good QB who is a project late in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if we took 2.
Originally posted by stonecold590:
I'd Garret is on the Board it's a no brainer. Take him. I don't like idea of drafting a QB just because you need one. I'm sure there are a couple our new GM will like that he can take in the 2nd or 3rd. I would also look for a good QB who is a project late in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised if we took 2.

Who's gonna be there in the 2nd or 3rd? I just don't get what everyone's problem is with Watson or Trubisky in the 1st? Because they aren't Andrew Luck? Who you drafting if Garrett is gone?
I also remember when Shannahan was forced to take RG3. Every one where scratching their heads wondering why he was taking Cousins. Well 5 years later I guess he had a pretty good idea of what was happening.
  • fan49
  • Veteran

yes and that defense was mainly bought...you act like if we draft Myle Garrett we are magically gonna have a top defense.

they went from 13-3, 13-3, 12-4,12-4 to 8-6 without a QB and I wouldn't be surprised if they lose their two last games and miss the playoffs.

they won a Superbowl without a qb

Who's gonna be there in the 2nd or 3rd? I just don't get what everyone's problem is with Watson or Trubisky in the 1st? Because they aren't Andrew Luck? Who you drafting if Garrett is gone?

If Garrett is gone I look to trade back then grab Mitch or Watson. And also add a Quality ILB or CB or OLine.

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I believe we should pass to Watson, Kizer and Trubisky at #2 picks.

Yes, I agree... let's draft one of these QBs and have Quentin Patton or one of our Hall of Shame TEs pass the ball to them since they suck all at catching.
If Garrett is gone I look to trade back then grab Mitch or Watson. And also add a Quality ILB or CB or OLine.

Who's trading up to #2 overall for someone that's not a QB?
The media blows it every year WRT the Niners...they forecast what they think they should do vice what they'll actually do. If things stay as they are now, we'll be picking #2. My hope is the Browns will make a pick at #1...and we'll be the team others will offer lucrative trades to. Even if the Browns trade down, nothing saying the Niners can't do the same thing...because the new GM will need to get as many good players as possible after signing some good FA's to augment the young players. As for drafting a QB, it depends on what/who the new GM and Kelly or a new HC are looking for. If they trade down, it could be somewhere in the 1st rd, but I'd also like to see them go after a top WR...my personal choice is Corey Davis. Whoever's the QB next season definitely needs some better weapons. I also understand why some want a PR, but management has to address the DL, NT and better depth behind Armstead & Buckner. Plenty of holes to fill...so long as they include QB, WR, TE & RB, they can be in order. On defense DL, ILB, pass rusher and S are the glaring needs.
That's right, why draft a QB anyway. It ain't like we need one
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by BuZzB05:
I believe other team will draft Deshaun Watson, Desmond Kizer and Mitchell Trubisky for the 10 to 25 top or 2nd round.. we should pass to Watson, Kizer and Trubisky at #2 picks.

That's a great idea. Turn Watson into a WR. But who would pass to him?
Share 49ersWebzone