There are 135 users in the forums

Me as GM

Well heres what I would do as GM.Not sure if my trade values match up but I think you'll get the idea.Tell me what you guys think.

HC:Mike Shanahan
OC:Kyle Shanahan (will be Mike's Successor)
DC:Mike Pettine

Trade 2nd pick to the Browns for there 9th ,33rd and next years 2nd if Garrett is off the board. Think the Browns would love to grab Allen or Trubisky at 2 along with Garrett.

Trade Arik Armstead and next years 2nd from Browns to chargers for 10th pick.

Trade Torrey Smith to Eagles for Eagles 3rd round pick.

1.Corey Davis WR Western Michigan(from Browns)
1.Malik McDowell DE Michigan State(from Chargers)
2.Takk Mckinley OLB UCLA
2.Deshaun Watson QB Clemson (From Browns)
3.Wendell Beckwith LB LSU
3.Cooper Kupp WR Eastern Washington (from Eagles trade)
4.Kai Nakua S BYU
5.Jay Guillermo C Clemson
6.Taylor Moton OT Western Michigan
7.Tarik Cohen RB North Carolina A&T

Free Agents: Poe NT, Zach Brown LB, Chandler Jones OLB,Mike Glennon QB, Piere Garçon WR

Resign:Phil Dawson, Glen Dorsey, Ray-Ray Armstrong, Ponder,T.Brock, Kerley
[ Edited by 16_to_80 on Dec 18, 2016 at 1:20 PM ]
I would rather not move back. One thing this team doesn't have is an elite player you can build around.
If anything I would be ok with moving up to make sure we get Garrett
Kyle can't roll over from OC to OC Atalanta would say piss off lol...you'd have to make him HC.

It's really hard to follow anything that's involving trading a bunch of players and moving around as much as you did...chandler jones will be at the very least tagged this yr in zona. We just tried to trade smith to the eagles for a 3rd and they said no lol

Overall it's just not very realistic at all.
Well that would be a heck of a first 6 picks...I'll take it!
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Kyle can't roll over from OC to OC Atalanta would say piss off lol...you'd have to make him HC.

It's really hard to follow anything that's involving trading a bunch of players and moving around as much as you did...chandler jones will be at the very least tagged this yr in zona. We just tried to trade smith to the eagles for a 3rd and they said no lol

Overall it's just not very realistic at all.

Thanks for the feed back I know what you're saying it would be a long shot for all these things to happen but as a GM I would try everything I could to try and make these things happen to make the team better as quickly as possible. Everything I wrote would be a best case scenario plan for us if things all fell into place.If you could at least hit on one of these trades or free agent scenarios it would be a plus to me as a GM.I would have no problem with Kyle Shanahan being head coach and me being fired as GM after all these things happened and Mike Shanahan taking my spot lol. I just want my team back on top again as soon as possible and I think this semi aggressive approach would help us without giving away the farm.
I don't think Arik Armstead has done anything to indicate that him + a future 2nd would get us a top 10 pick. I also find it hard to believe Watson will fall out of the 1st rd. I know it's early, but that guy has a ton of upside.

And I wouldn't trade out of the top 3. There are 4 elite prospects (Garrett, Allen, Fournette, and Peppers). We have to get one of them (minus Allen because we've used 1st rd picks on that position for the last two years).

I'd love to see us take one of those elite prospects and trade back into the top 20 for Watson.
Originally posted by Draftology:
I don't think Arik Armstead has done anything to indicate that him + a future 2nd would get us a top 10 pick. I also find it hard to believe Watson will fall out of the 1st rd. I know it's early, but that guy has a ton of upside.

And I wouldn't trade out of the top 3. There are 4 elite prospects (Garrett, Allen, Fournette, and Peppers). We have to get one of them (minus Allen because we've used 1st rd picks on that position for the last two years).I'd love to see us take one of those elite prospects and trade back into the top 20 for Watson.

Yeah I have my doubts on Watson falling out of the 1st round as well, I was merely going off the media consensus on him right now. Personally believe he's a first round pick and his stock will rise come draft time. Would be awesome though to see Watson, Davis ,Hyde and Kupp in a WCO along with a shut down defense.

Don't think we need to fall in love with Allen, Fournette or Peppers if the Browns take Garrett. We need to get a QB Watson or Trubisky and don't think we can afford to wait and see if either will be there in the late first. Especially if we lose one of them to the Cardinals.
Share 49ersWebzone