- we'd still have Alex w/ Kap on the bench

- we would've drafted Ajayi

- we would've drafted Marcus Peters

- we would've drafted Mathieu

- we would've resigned Crabtree instead of Torrey

- we would've drafted Deasean Jackson over f**king Kentawn Balmer

- would trade for Josh Gordon

- would pursue Alshon in the off season

Most of those moves would've actually been beneficial to the team. Which on do you specifically find funny?

Let me guess you would of also drafted Tom Brady in the 5th instead of John Milem. Point is, its easy to Monday morning QB everything knowing what happened.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
Originally posted by Jcool:
If I were GM:

- we'd still have Harbaugh

Most of those moves would've actually been beneficial to the team. Which on do you specifically find funny?

Let me guess you would of also drafted Tom Brady in the 5th instead of John Milem. Point is, its easy to Monday morning QB everything knowing what happened.

I only stated instances of moves I recall I was dissapointed we didn't make and that I would've made. Or else it would have been a much longer list.
Fournette is destined to spend a lot of time on the IRL...he has a chronic bad ankle. No need to spend a 1st rd pick on a RB...there are a bunch of excellent players available. McCaffrey, Kamara, Foreman, Gallman & Perrine to name just a few. If our GM's going to trade down, he should do so only if there's a veritable king's ransom in it....and if the Browns take their #1 pick it could be a goldmine.

As for Garappolo, he really hasn't proven much yet...winning a few games with the Pats is an incomplete resume, especially given how good their overall team is. I don't see the real value in giving up a 1st rd pick and the others that might be gained by trading down. I'd draft the best QB available and give up nothing. Assuming Baalke's fired, our new GM has to garner as many good players as he can...there are a ton of needs. He'll need to sign some quality FA's to augment and lead the draftees.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Fournette is destined to spend a lot of time on the IRL...he has a chronic bad ankle. No need to spend a 1st rd pick on a RB...there are a bunch of excellent players available. McCaffrey, Kamara, Foreman, Gallman & Perrine to name just a few. If our GM's going to trade down, he should do so only if there's a veritable king's ransom in it....and if the Browns take their #1 pick it could be a goldmine.

As for Garappolo, he really hasn't proven much yet...winning a few games with the Pats is an incomplete resume, especially given how good their overall team is. I don't see the real value in giving up a 1st rd pick and the others that might be gained by trading down. I'd draft the best QB available and give up nothing. Assuming Baalke's fired, our new GM has to garner as many good players as he can...there are a ton of needs. He'll need to sign some quality FA's to augment and lead the draftees.

I read the ankle thing once in a single article I just don't know if ther is any truth to it.. it'll come out on the way to draft day one way or the other.. and yes there are other backs but none on the level of Fournette. he could be generational talent if medical is clear.. I honestly believe that a team will give fair value to move up for Trubisky when the time comes. I also disagree on your Jimmy g view I saw a pro bowl caliber quarterback on the field. it's not his fault he has a good team around him
If I were GM:

Turn the page!
Why would we make our top pick an injury prone RB? Don't we have one of those already?

I like the idea of trading for Jimmy G, just not a future first. Like the WR choices in Jefferey and Ross plus the double down on pass rushers. Some good ideas, some not.
This draft is exactly like the draft when the niners picked first. NO Team wanted to trade into the first spot, this year the only way a team would trade for number 2 if Garret drops. It sucks but take BPA and move on. I do know that the Pats like two second round picks as much as a first rounder, so I would trade this years number 2 and next years for Jimmy G, assuming we can get him with a contract in place.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Why would we make our top pick an injury prone RB? Don't we have one of those already?

I like the idea of trading for Jimmy G, just not a future first. Like the WR choices in Jefferey and Ross plus the double down on pass rushers. Some good ideas, some not.

I don't know if I'd call him injury prone.. he's had a nagging ankle all season. . not seperate injuries unless I missed something somewhere
  • fly15
  • Veteran
If I were GM:

I would do the same, except the Alex part... I would've traded for Stafford last year instead
I was hoping they would give Harbaugh an extension after the SB. And if he had beef with the GM or anyone else that person would've been gone, but that's more of an owner move.

While I agree the Niners need another good RB to augment Hyde, it's not a 1st rd priority. WR is a considerably bigger need...Mike Williams, Dupree, Corey Davis would all provide a much-needed upgrade to what's an overall weak WR corps.

I'm all for trading down, but you won't garner enough good draftees stopping at the #4 pick. A team further down would have to offer more picks to move up to #2.

Garappolo may turn out to be a legit starting QB...but then again, he might not. I surely wouldn't give up half the farm to get him...not when there are so many holes to fill.
would've hired sus and chaz as my scouts, 5 straight SBs
and when the Pats say no, we are going to hang onto him, we have to get the waterboy to take the handoffs. And anyway I dont want another rb that much. I want pass rush, qb, even wr.
[ Edited by English on Dec 18, 2016 at 1:42 AM ]
I'd love to have L4 on our team. Hyde isn't consistent and always hurt. In 2006 Chester Taylor set a viking single season rushing record of 1600 yards. The draft rolled around and with their 7th pick took a RB. Adrian Peterson. I say take the BPA. Once you start "reaching " for positions of need , you are now passing on better players for lesser talent. Imagine our offense with L4 starting and our back up is Hyde? Teams will have to load 8 in the box. It will improve the entire offense.
So you want to give NE a possible top 5 pick and draft a RB in the top 5 to split carries with our best offensive players

How about we draft a qb and take those 10 other picks and move around for who we want and spend a little money in FA.

People act like it's just easy to move down from the #2 pick and sign every dude like they don't have a say in where they want to go.
Share 49ersWebzone