LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

Antonio Pipkin QB, Tiffin University

Was just browsing and came across this kid from small unknown school. If we go with 2 QB'S in the draft, I would be intrigued if this was our late round developmental guy. I think he'd fit Kelly's system like a glove. Based on what I read, scouts are already scrambling for tape and he could rise come draft time. Smaller stature, but I think he has all the arm strength needed and love his ball placement. Athleticism stands out against weak competition. Check it out

http://www.hudl.com/video/3/2836432/5721e68fb019261f80e8786e
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Kiper special, he has him on his list of top QB's
Came from this article. Forgot to mention that he'll be in the Senior Bowl

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000757364/article/move-the-sticks-notes-will-qb-be-worth-no-1-pick-in-2017-draft
Shorter than average, but not by much, at almost 6'1". Dude has a cannon.
Originally posted by jimrat:

Uh oh, don't know if that's a good or bad thing
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Originally posted by jimrat:

Uh oh, don't know if that's a good or bad thing

Haha yeah I heard them talking about him on KNBR yesterday that Kiper has him on his list and they had no clue who Pipkin was.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Just posted this in the 2017 QB thread:

Here's a player to remember as we head toward the postseason portion of the evaluation process: Tiffin University (Ohio) QB Antonio Pipkin. The Division II standout earned an invitation to the Reese's Senior Bowl and has Midwest area scouts scrambling for Tiffin game film. He wasn't really on the radar for most NFL teams heading into the season, but he had an outstanding season, and a few scouts started rolling into Tiffin to see what he looked like in person and on tape. He passed the eye test. While undersized, scouts measured him at 6-feet and 5/8 and he weighed 214 pounds. He has a live arm and outstanding mobility. I'm working on getting game tape for myself, but in the meantime, I stumbled upon his junior season highlights on Hudl.

A couple things stood out: 1) He is very sudden and elusive when he decides to take off and run. 2) He has enough arm strength to make every throw.

It's never a good idea to base an evaluation off a 12-minute highlight reel. However, you can eliminate players if they fail to peak your interest after watching their very best plays. That wasn't the case with Pipkin. His highlights left me wanting to know more about him and study his game tape. I'm on an Antonio Pipkin mission! -- Daniel Jeremiah

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000757364/article/move-the-sticks-notes-will-qb-be-worth-no-1-pick-in-2017-draft?campaign=tw-articleshare
Here's more, the thl and jonnydel film breakdown and analysis special. This guy isn't as good as those two though

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/2017-nfl-draft/2016/12/08/antonio-pipkin-feel/
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

I will be curious to see what he gets measured at the Senior Bowl. I've seen him listed anywhere from 6'1" to 6'4". He also listed as a forward on Tiffin basketball team. Seems strange to put someone just under 6'1" at SF.
Originally posted by Jcool:
Just posted this in the 2017 QB thread:

Here's a player to remember as we head toward the postseason portion of the evaluation process: Tiffin University (Ohio) QB Antonio Pipkin. The Division II standout earned an invitation to the Reese's Senior Bowl and has Midwest area scouts scrambling for Tiffin game film. He wasn't really on the radar for most NFL teams heading into the season, but he had an outstanding season, and a few scouts started rolling into Tiffin to see what he looked like in person and on tape. He passed the eye test. While undersized, scouts measured him at 6-feet and 5/8 and he weighed 214 pounds. He has a live arm and outstanding mobility. I'm working on getting game tape for myself, but in the meantime, I stumbled upon his junior season highlights on Hudl.

A couple things stood out: 1) He is very sudden and elusive when he decides to take off and run. 2) He has enough arm strength to make every throw.

It's never a good idea to base an evaluation off a 12-minute highlight reel. However, you can eliminate players if they fail to peak your interest after watching their very best plays. That wasn't the case with Pipkin. His highlights left me wanting to know more about him and study his game tape. I'm on an Antonio Pipkin mission! -- Daniel Jeremiah

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000757364/article/move-the-sticks-notes-will-qb-be-worth-no-1-pick-in-2017-draft?campaign=tw-articleshare

Awesome! That's the article I posted above. Agree with you on the Senior Bowl, a true evaluation will be made there

With a name like Pipkin dude is gonna be trash in the NFL.
[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Dec 17, 2016 at 4:43 PM ]
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Some of his answers:

What is your name? Antonio Pipkin

What is your Height/Weight? 6'3 225lbs

What is your position? QB

Where do you play college football? Tiffin University

Did you play any other sports growing up? Basketball and Baseball

Did you play any other positions in football? No

At your position, what separates you from others? Work ethic in the film room and understanding defenses. Taking pride in being a student of the game

When you are breaking down film, what do you look for? Tendencies, coverage, signals, player body language, who plays hard, defensive effort, etc

If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be and why? Russell Wilson, he is an athletic guy that takes pride in being a true quarterback and not relying on athletic ability. Leadership skills are above average

What was the biggest obstacle in your life you had to overcome, and how did you overcome it? High school family issue, put my all into my college education and football and trust God's Plan

Do you have any pre-game rituals? Pray

What is your biggest strength? IQ

What is your biggest weakness? Stay vertical when running

If I were a GM and gave you a second to sell yourself, what would you say? Anything that needs to be done will be done and completed the right way, I bust my tail, am a leader, great teammate and competitor

Who was your favorite player and/or NFL team growing up? Peyton Manning, he was just phenomenal as a Colt and hearing of how much he studied the game to be great was amazing

http://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/antonio-pipkin-qb-tiffin-university/
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 17, 2016 at 5:28 PM ]

I will be curious to see what he gets measured at the Senior Bowl. I've seen him listed anywhere from 6'1" to 6'4". He also listed as a forward on Tiffin basketball team. Seems strange to put someone just under 6'1" at SF.

Reportedly measured at 6'0 & 5/8" by NFL scouts.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

Reportedly measured at 6'0 & 5/8" by NFL scouts.

Yeah i posted the Daniel Jeremiah paragraph on him, which is were that came from. But considering he was unknown till the Senior Bowl invite a week ago i will take that kind of thing with a grain of salt right now.
[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 17, 2016 at 10:05 PM ]
sounds like a hobbit.
Share 49ersWebzone