LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Only thing to look foward to Mock..

Sadly like a lot of other ppl have said this is the only thing to look forward to with the 49ers..so here we go yet again..

Baalke fired..!
New GM- Tom Gamble ( Shanahan is a rumor that wont come true)

Head Coach- Chip Kelly ( he stays another year)

DC- Larry Foote LB coach on Arizona who was a great player, played and coaches a 3-4, young energy to young men who need it..

Cut- Kap, Bethea, Brooks, Brock, Martin ( about 35 Million saved in Cap space by cutting them)

Resign- Dorsey 1 yr 2 Million, Dawson 1 yr 3 million, Armstrong 2 yr 4 million, Hodges 3 yrs 9 Million, Harris 1 yr 1 Million, TJE 1 yr 1 million( only bc of my draft picks)

Free Agents- Alshon Jeffery 4 yrs 44 Million ( a lot criticize him but hes young talented tough and a true number 1 wr) , Brandon Williams 4 yrs 32 Million ( he is Exactly what is needed), Stephon Gilmore 4 yrs 37 Million ( takes over for Brock and gives a lot of options here like moving Ward to safety and Gilmore and Robinson on the outside Redmond in the slot with DJ and Reaser), Kap 1 yr 10 Million

Trades- 5th Round pick to Washington for ILB Mason Foster ( Cravens and Compton are the starters) , 2nd 4th and 7th round pick to move back in the 1st 27th pick overall , Next yrs 5th round pick and Tank Carradine to the eagles for Nelson Aghloar ( Bust for a Bust)

2017 NFL DRAFT

Round 1- OLB Myles Garrett Texas A&M Pass Rusher who is much needed and Oh yeah Best player in this draft..Ty Clevland for taking Trubisky..

Round 1- QB Deshaun Watson Clemson My fav QB as of not he falls but I really think hes going to shine in the playoffs and go a lot higher but this is a dream scenario..

Round 3- RB D'Onta Foreman Texas Hyde is always beat up and I love Harris and what he brings but Foreman could be very special..

Round 4- OLB Daeshon Hall Texas A&M Garretts buddy to back him up and if Lynch comes in out of shape yet again could be starting..

Round 5- DE Nazair Jones North Carolina Big young kidwho showed flashes of talent, he will back up both DE spots with Dial..could be a steal..

Round 6- WR Chris Godwin Penn State ive seen some great plays from this kid who reminds me of a smaller Allen Robinson

Round 7-ILB Brandon Bell Penn State always around the ball and very good tackler, I cant believe hes not higher ranked..teams will wish they drafted this kid

Round 7-CB Justin Nelson Texas Tech long fast kid who was lined up against every teams best WR, held his own on a bad defense..needs to gain weight..

Roster 53

Kap-Watson
Hyde-Foreman-Harris-Davis
Mcdonald-Celek-Bell
Jeffery-Smith-Agholar-Godwin-Ellington-Burbrige-Smelter-Rogers( 1 of the last 3 makes the team)
Brown-Theus
Garnett-Tiller
Kilgore-Balducci
Beadles
Staley

AA-Dial-TJE
Williams-Dorsey
Buckner-Jones-Blair
Lynch-Harold
Bowman-Hodges
Foster-Armstrong-Bell
Garrett-Hall
Gilmore-Robinson-Redmond-DJ-Reaser-Nelson
Ward-Cromartie
Reid-Tartt
Nelson
Dawson
Pinion

Comments please..thanks..
I like this mock a lot, but I think we'll need to give up more than a late 4th and 7th round pick to move up and get a QB. I'd be shocked if Watson or Kizer make it past 25. You could still end up with Garrett, Watson, and a very good RB in the 4th round though even if we trade our 3rd round pick to move up.

1. Garrett
2. Watson
4. Foreman/Perrine/Chubb/Gallman/Hood (there won't be 10 RBs drafted in the first 3 rounds and right now Hood is ranked 10th on CBS's rankings)

Only criticism is that we didn't use any draft picks or free agency acquisitions on the offensive line. Having one of the worst lines in the league has to be a concern if you're bringing in a rookie QB presumably to start from week 1 since you have us cutting Kaepernick (but then listing him in the depth chart?). If we bring in a QB, I'd focus on offense this offseason. We aren't going to fix the team in one offseason and we can always address CB later on if none of our guys show progress next year with an improved pass rush.
matt maiocco pretty much shot down gamble becoming the GM today. that means kelly might not be around with a new GM coming in. this leads us to a lot of uncertainty surrounding our future coaches and the schemes they runs.

can't project players if we don't know what kind of schemes we'll be running, which essentially makes all mock drafts at this point a giant waste of time. :
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
I like this mock a lot, but I think we'll need to give up more than a late 4th and 7th round pick to move up and get a QB. I'd be shocked if Watson or Kizer make it past 25. You could still end up with Garrett, Watson, and a very good RB in the 4th round though even if we trade our 3rd round pick to move up.

1. Garrett
2. Watson
4. Foreman/Perrine/Chubb/Gallman/Hood (there won't be 10 RBs drafted in the first 3 rounds and right now Hood is ranked 10th on CBS's rankings)

Only criticism is that we didn't use any draft picks or free agency acquisitions on the offensive line. Having one of the worst lines in the league has to be a concern if you're bringing in a rookie QB presumably to start from week 1 since you have us cutting Kaepernick (but then listing him in the depth chart?). If we bring in a QB, I'd focus on offense this offseason. We aren't going to fix the team in one offseason and we can always address CB later on if none of our guys show progress next year with an improved pass rush.

Yeah when I was finished I said I should've signed an O-lineman..and I have the niners cutting Kap bc hes not worth 19 million against the cap..then resigned him for 10 or renegotiate with him somehow..but I'm not good with paying him more then maybe 12 million for a year..
Originally posted by Heroism:
matt maiocco pretty much shot down gamble becoming the GM today. that means kelly might not be around with a new GM coming in. this leads us to a lot of uncertainty surrounding our future coaches and the schemes they runs.

can't project players if we don't know what kind of schemes we'll be running, which essentially makes all mock drafts at this point a giant waste of time. :

its hard to believe Kelly getting canned after 1 yr with no players he chose for his scheme..he stepped into a mess I say York gives him a chance to clean it up, at least with players of his choice..the reality is any coach with this team and injuries wouldn't done much better this year..
Originally posted by Heroism:

What was said by him about the GM situation?
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Love the draft. But tarrt can move to safety. He and ward need to be on the field
Pretty sure Gilmore will get around $12 million or more per year.

As for the draft, I don't see Hall falling that far once teams see him work out. He has the size and athleticism teams will fall in love with.

Brandon Bell is one of my favorite late round gems and I'd be thrilled with the pick. If it weren't for injuries I honestly think he would be a 3rd round pick.
i like it..maybe a couple other lil free agents but overall it's good
Originally posted by fan49:
Love the draft. But tarrt can move to safety. He and ward need to be on the field

Is that's the case I'm perfectly fine with Ward staying at CB, teams mostly have 3 WR sets the majority of the game so Gilmore, Ward and Robinson with Reud and Tartt at safety is a very nice secondary..

Originally posted by saniner:
Pretty sure Gilmore will get around $12 million or more per year.

As for the draft, I don't see Hall falling that far once teams see him work out. He has the size and athleticism teams will fall in love with.

Brandon Bell is one of my favorite late round gems and I'd be thrilled with the pick. If it weren't for injuries I honestly think he would be a 3rd round pick.

Yeah I haven't watched much of Gilmore so your prob correct..id still give it to him tho..and I agree Hall is a beast and will be very good..and yup Bell is a beast..seems like a lot of PSU linebackers fall in drafts but end up being very good..
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
i like it..maybe a couple other lil free agents but overall it's good

Yeah some 2nd tier free agents will get signed..definitely 1 or 2 O-lineman..
Jersey, would love this
Originally posted by 49ers808:
Jersey, would love this

Thanks just wish maybe half of it came true lol the niners have to make some big moves with all the money they have..
Originally posted by jersey49er:
Yeah I haven't watched much of Gilmore so your prob correct..id still give it to him tho..and I agree Hall is a beast and will be very good..and yup Bell is a beast..seems like a lot of PSU linebackers fall in drafts but end up being very good..

Gilmore was awesome last year and the year before. He's still doing well this year but he wants Josh Norman money (5 year, $75 million).

OSU has three very good linebackers and nabbing any of them is a win IMO (though Bell is my favorite)
Share 49ersWebzone