LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 255 users in the forums

The Niners' 2nd & 3rd Picks; Whom Do Y'Want?

Originally posted by Heroism:
Watson/Trubisky or Myles Garrett in the first round.

Use our 2nd+4th+6th to move up and secure Corey Davis. He won't last until the second.

As for our third-round pick, if don't get myles garrett, I want a guy I haven't seen a single person on the webzone mention: Joe Mathis. Has prototypical 3-4 OLB size. I think he's one of the best edge rushers in the draft. A very talented player that could slip in the draft due to his time off from a foot injury and a deep draft. The guy is a savage on the field. Relentless He can win with power or speed, and his motor runs hot.

Lol

Yes please

Originally posted by aclarke49:
Originally posted by Heroism:
Watson/Trubisky or Myles Garrett in the first round.

Use our 2nd+4th+6th to move up and secure Corey Davis. He won't last until the second.

As for our third-round pick, if don't get myles garrett, I want a guy I haven't seen a single person on the webzone mention: Joe Mathis. Has prototypical 3-4 OLB size. I think he's one of the best edge rushers in the draft. A very talented player that could slip in the draft due to his time off from a foot injury and a deep draft. The guy is a savage on the field. Relentless He can win with power or speed, and his motor runs hot.

Lol

Agreed. I like Joe a lot. Disclaimer, I'm a UW fan... :-) but you are right about his motor. The guy plays hard.

LMAO, why does it look like he broke that Tackles left leg?
Ya no way Corey Davis falls to the second. He's easily a top 15 prospect. Lawson is also definitely going in the first, no way he falls to the third. He's a pass rushing stud.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I'd rather have peppers or foster than any qb top 5. Position or not no QB is top 5 talent
Originally posted by fan49:
I'd rather have peppers or foster than any qb top 5. Position or not no QB is top 5 talent

Our need for a QB likely transcends this.
Originally posted by shmuck:
Ya no way Corey Davis falls to the second. He's easily a top 15 prospect. Lawson is also definitely going in the first, no way he falls to the third. He's a pass rushing stud.

Most the guys on this just list is either 1st rounders or early 2nd rounders
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by fan49:

Our need for a QB likely transcends this.

I can't agree. BPA for me period
  • fan49
  • Veteran
id rather draft corey davis at 2, than any qb. he is better than all of them. BP or bust
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Why draft top 3 if you dont walk away with a top 3 talent?
Originally posted by English:
Garrett in the 1st. Trade up from the 2nd and take Watson.

Watson will probably be a top-10 pick when it's all said & done. A team will swing for the fences. They've done it on lesser prospects (like Blaine). I think he'll disappoint, but I also think the Niners won't be able to move up to get him.

Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by shmuck:

Most the guys on this just list is either 1st rounders or early 2nd rounders

Not sure. There's a lot of top end talent in this draft, imo. I've seen 50-60 guys listed as 1st rounders. There's gonna be a lot of talent going out on day 2.
Cross Nick Chubb off the list.. He's going back to GA for his senior year
Add Sidney Jones to the list of guys I'd love to have w/ the 2nd-round pick now that he's declared.

Corey Davis, Charles Harris, Quenton Nelson, Jarrad Davis, OJ Howard, David Njoku, Christian McCaffrey, Deshaun Watson (will probably go top 12), Juju & Sidney Jones.

SBnation has the Niners getting Trubisky & Charles Harris no trades. with I'd celebrate that draft.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2017/1/2/14144586/nfl-mock-draft-2017-leonard-fournette-jamal-adams-mitch-trubisky
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
2nd round:
Dream picks: Deshaun Watson, Adoree Jackson, Corey Davis, Vita Vea
Realistically: Dorian Johnson

3rd round:
Dream Picks: Dede Westbrook, Dorian Johnson, Patrick Mahomes, Devonte Fields
Realistically: Keith Kelsey
Use the 2nd and 4th to move up and get Corey Davis. Draft Mahomes in the 3rd (Garrett or Allen is the pick in the 1st)
Share 49ersWebzone