There are 165 users in the forums

Just another trade idea : Trade with the Browns

If everything stays as is with the Browns selecting first maybe we can trade our second pick to the Browns granted that they take Garrett first. Browns could then take Allen or Fournette. We would receive Browns 9th pick, Browns two second round picks and their third. Browns haul would give us 9, 33,47 and 65 pick. When you factor in our picks it would give us 9, 33, 34, 47, 65 and 66 pick. Would luv Tim or Mike Williams or Rueban Foster with the 9th pick. Second round would give us flexibility for Grappolo if need be maybe Watson if he falls.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
If Trubisky does not enter the draft, I wouldn't mind trading down. Not sure the Browns would be a likely partner, as they'd have to fork over a lot of salary for the first two picks of the draft. But I like idea of trading down.
[ Edited by Furlow on Dec 6, 2016 at 11:07 PM ]
Granted things stay the same and the Browns take Garrett, we should trade the 2nd pick to the Browns. Browns could then go QB or Allen or Fournette. Miners get Browns 9th pick. Both the Browns second round picks and their third. Giving us the 9th, 33, 34, 47, 65 and 66 picks. Go with Tim or Mike Williams with 9th. Rueben Foster would be great as well. Second round would give us flexibility for Grappolo.
  • jcs
  • Veteran
This would never happen. The trade value is too one sided for us.
  • Jasta
  • Veteran
Never going to happen unless we sell our souls to Cleveland with a high chance of them laughing their asses off when the player they wanted anyway is still there at 2.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
That's crazeeeee. LOL.

Dude, ever heard of the phrase "quality not quantity"? You are beginning to sound like Baalke in stock-piling picks.

No way, Jose!!
Originally posted by Rascal:
That's crazeeeee. LOL.

Dude, ever heard of the phrase "quality not quantity"? You are beginning to sound like Baalke in stock-piling picks.

No way, Jose!!

This. That first pick stays. If anything, we should be moving the lower picks to get higher.
Even if Miners.
I'm of a similar opinion given our situation. We are lacking in talent everywhere. If you can get 4 selections for one player the quality and quantity is greater. That is IF you select well. Walsh was a master at this.
Originally posted by Furlow:
If Trubisky does not enter the draft, I wouldn't mind trading down. Not sure the Browns would be a likely partner, as they'd have to fork over a lot of salary for the first two picks of the draft. But I like idea of trading down.

If Trubisky isn't in the draft who are teams moving up to #2 for? That's the issue teams don't move up and give up a ton of draft capital for players that aren't QBs.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

If Trubisky isn't in the draft who are teams moving up to #2 for? That's the issue teams don't move up and give up a ton of draft capital for players that aren't QBs.
Even if Mitch enters Watson is gonna be the first qb taken. Watch the hype train develop. Especially if he balls out against OSU
[ Edited by gold49er2183 on Dec 7, 2016 at 7:09 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:

People may move up for non-QBs. They won't be making Ram-like trades. But I can see somebody in the top 7 moving up to #2 or #3 for the best defensive playmaker after Garrett. s**t happens every draft.
Originally posted by okdkid:
People may move up for non-QBs. They won't be making Ram-like trades. But I can see somebody in the top 7 moving up to #2 or #3 for the best defensive playmaker after Garrett. s**t happens every draft.

No your right trades happen...but moving up from say 7th to 2nd is gonna cost a team their 2nd,3rd this yr and most likely a 2nd next yr....you see a team given that up for a defensive player? I don't...SF isn't given away that 2nd spot nor should they
Here folks go again with this trading down s**t then wonder we have a roster full of back ups and no real impact players.
If Garrett is gone in the 1st. I'm on board for trading down just as long as we can get Reuben Foster. He is an impact player.
Share 49ersWebzone