LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 272 users in the forums

9moon: QB First for Cleveland while Tenn went for Two

• Jcool
  • Veteran
"Trade: SF sends Joe Staley, Arik Armstead, 3rd (2017) & 2nd round (2018) to New England for Jimmy Grappolo"

[ Edited by Jcool on Dec 6, 2016 at 7:04 PM ]
9moon rolling up on this thread like

Originally posted by shmuck:

The Pats would never trade any less than a couple first rounders for Jimmy G. If Alex Smith can net 2 2nds then jimmy G could get a high first or 2 firsts at least. And the Pats are probably too smart to trade him away anyways. Plus we'd have no LT to protect him anyways if we made that move. He'd be under siege all day every day.

Based on what? Alex was coming off a career season, playing at a very high level. Garoppolo has 4 total starts and anyone trading for him would have to give him a massive salary raise almost immediately. They could maybe get a late 1st for him at the very best.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 6, 2016 at 7:39 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
9moon rolling up on this thread like

We draft another DB? You decide to trade Staley but not replace him? This is so dumb in so many ways.
[ Edited by Alfienator on Dec 6, 2016 at 8:41 PM ]
this draft is amazing but you gave wayy...............too much for Garappolo. We arent trading for Brady
Originally posted by LVJay:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by jimrat:

hey moon pass me that ish u r smokin
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by jimrat:

I haven't seen this one before.
peppers is meh. Overrated because of versatility but he's kinda stiff. There are better pure FS prospects in the draft. FS really isn't even a need either.

Foster is a beast

Missing out on Myles Garrett for anyone is a dumb idea. He's one of the players to come out in the past 5 years and he plays a premium position and an area of need. No one should think twice about picking him if he was there. If the Browns are smart they'll nab him before us.

Also, Takk is definitely going to go mid first. No way he falls to the second.

The Pats would never trade any less than a couple first rounders for Jimmy G. If Alex Smith can net 2 2nds then jimmy G could get a high first or 2 firsts at least. And the Pats are probably too smart to trade him away anyways. Plus we'd have no LT to protect him anyways if we made that move. He'd be under siege all day every day.

The rest is very meh.

overall outside of Foster this is a 5.5/10

Jimmy G for a couple of first rounders? Lol can you please tell me what has he done besides play 4 games as a starter to merit that much picks?
Myles or Watson in 1st. Corey Davis 2nd

WTF? Bad enough that you pass on Garrett.... but trade two of our best players + 2 high draft picks for an unproven backup QB?

worst mock draft ive ever seen and ive seen a lot
Originally posted by 25249ersfan:
Myles or Watson in 1st. Corey Davis 2nd

Davis is projected 1at round
No way for just the 2 first rounders, Garrett is going to be a monster. Like the Jimmy trade, but not the compensation. Way too much. I would say a 2nd and a 4th tops.
peppers is meh. Overrated because of versatility but he's kinda stiff. There are better pure FS prospects in the draft. FS really isn't even a need either.

Foster is a beast

Missing out on Myles Garrett for anyone is a dumb idea. He's one of the players to come out in the past 5 years and he plays a premium position and an area of need. No one should think twice about picking him if he was there. If the Browns are smart they'll nab him before us.

Also, Takk is definitely going to go mid first. No way he falls to the second.

The rest is very meh.

overall outside of Foster this is a 5.5/10

How do you figure?

Tom Brady is playing some of his best football of his career and while father time is undefeated Brady is a rare individual who follows an insane diet/training regimen. Can the Pats simply say "well he's going to be 40 next year, time to move on" when the guy is playing like he is after everything he's done for the franchise? Pats are all about it's business and not personal but they're not in a business of giving up on SB winning QBs who are playing great either.

Do they keep Jimmy Garoppolo thinking Tom Brady will finally show signs of aging next season and it becomes a perfect scenario where Brady retires after next year and Garoppolo takes over? Or is it more likely that they drafted Brissett with the idea that he and not Garoppolo would be the heir to Brady?

Jimmy has one year left on his contract. How often do you see the Pats keep guys throughout their contract to watch them walk away for just comp picks? Sure it happens but very rarely. Chandler Jones, Jamie Collins are perfect examples of that just this year.

I think as long as Brady doesn't get injured or suddenly falls off the rest of this season the Pats will look to trade Garoppolo...now of course with Brady's age and the extra year they do have bargaining power but teams aren't giving away two first round picks for him not with how prior traded players from that Pats offense have done elsewhere.

Now your Alex Smith comparison is silly. Alex was coming off two of his best seasons and had a clear proven track record in the NFL. It wasn't all good but it was enough for a coach like Andy Reid to see how resilient he is and that he can play very well and very smart in the right situation with proper coaching. Jimmy Garoppolo has 1.5 starts in this league and granted he played very well in those games and showed some good things but at the end of the day he still only has less than 2 full games of tape to show teams. Way too much unknown for a team to trade away two firsts AND give him a franchise QB contract which I'm sure Brock Osweiler's deal will be the main starting point and Brock actually had a lot more starts than Jimmy.

If the Pats get a bottom 1st for him they should run with it. I don't think they'll get that much but it depends on who's picking where and how the draft/free agency falls.

I do think they move him and I think an Alex Smith like deal is the best case scenario for the Pats.
Share 49ersWebzone