10) New Orleans - Marlon Humprey; CB - Alabama

11) San Diego - Juju Smith-Schuster; WR - USC

12) Arizona - Cam Robinson; OT - Alabama

13) SF (Tenn) - Rueben Foster; ILB - Alabama

14) Indy - Tim Williams; OLB - Alabama

15) Buffalo - Sidney Jones; CB - Washington

=== REST OF THE 49ERS DRAFT =====

2nd) Takk McKinley; OLB - UCLA

3rd) Trade: SF sends Joe Staley, Arik Armstead, 3rd (2017) & 2nd round (2018) to New England for Jimmy Grappolo

4th) Devonte Fields; OLB - Louisville

5th) Milachi Dupre; WR - LSU

5th-Wash) Fabian Moreau; CB - UCLA

6th) Pharaoh Brown; TE - Oregon

6th-Denver) - Nathan Peterman; QB - Pitt

7) Barry Sanders; RB - Ok State
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jimrat:

terrible.
Amazing 👍
Hell no to trading back if Garrett is available at #2.

That's also giving up way too much for Garoppolo. Our 2nd round pick is too much for him. Unless you think Armstead is worthless, that's substantially more to give up than our 2017 2nd round pick.
I wouldn't be happy to trade down from #2 with Garrett there but could get over it considering the Titans picks are still going to get us some darn good players.

My biggest issue with your proposal is having us trade down and then drafting Peppers who I think will be an awful pick anywhere above 20. Then the trade of Joe Staley & Armstead + picks for Garoppolo. I'm a Garoppolo fan but giving up Staley and Armstead is ridiculous.

If we're keeping the trade we'd be much better off drafting Mike Williams and Foster in the first, Takk in the second then sending NE 3rd this year and 2nd next year plus Tank Carradine who would actually be a good fit for their defense. I don't understand wtf you were thinking throwing in Staley AND Armstead.
Baalke's not doing any of that, lol
  • LVJay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by jimrat:

• LVJay
  • Veteran
Actually, I like grabbing an ILB that early. I wouldn't mind the Garop trade, but I also wouldn't mind us just drafting a QB for the future if FO decided to go that route instead.

If Myles is there, hands down we should take him. Wouldn't mind the trade back with Tennessee in any other scenario except who else would they trade those two picks for if Myles is gone?
peppers is meh. Overrated because of versatility but he's kinda stiff. There are better pure FS prospects in the draft. FS really isn't even a need either.

Foster is a beast

Missing out on Myles Garrett for anyone is a dumb idea. He's one of the players to come out in the past 5 years and he plays a premium position and an area of need. No one should think twice about picking him if he was there. If the Browns are smart they'll nab him before us.

Also, Takk is definitely going to go mid first. No way he falls to the second.

The Pats would never trade any less than a couple first rounders for Jimmy G. If Alex Smith can net 2 2nds then jimmy G could get a high first or 2 firsts at least. And the Pats are probably too smart to trade him away anyways. Plus we'd have no LT to protect him anyways if we made that move. He'd be under siege all day every day.

The rest is very meh.

overall outside of Foster this is a 5.5/10
this would make me very disappointed
Btw, too much for Garroppolo. A 2nd this year and 3rd next year with the opportunity to be another 2nd should do it at most.
Lets trade for a QB and have no LT

Brilliant
Share 49ersWebzone