LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 322 users in the forums

9MOON'S TOP 2017 TOP 4 PROSPECT

• 9moon
  • Veteran
Supp fellasssss !!

After watching NCAA all year long, below are the top 4 prospects that I'm hoping the 49ers able to land this upcoming draft..

1) Jonathan Allen - playing for Saban gives him the slight edge over Myles when it comes to getting it done

2) Myles Garrett - a better athlete than Von Miller coming out of college

3) Leonard Fournette - over and over, I tried to remind myself that a RB can be found in any round, but over and over, I couldn't convinced my self to get him out of the top 4 players

4) Rueben Foster - normally, the 4th spot would belong to a QB who's un-able to get up to the 1st or 2nd overall pick, or a WR who can put people on the stand, but after watching Alabama almost every other weekend, I haven't seen an ILB like this kid since AJ HAWK (in college)..
  • Koldo
  • Veteran
Not sure about Fournette, but I totally agree with the rest.
Myles Garrett is not a better athlete than Von Miller. He's bigger with longer arms so he may be a better prospect or as good of a prospect. If he was a better athlete on top of that, he'd be the best defensive prospect ever by a wide margin.

Garrett is very similar to Clowney as a prospect but has better change of direction and doesn't have the work ethic concerns (I think those were overblown though and injuries have held Clowney back more than anything - he's finally starting to put it all together in the NFL). He's going to be a similar size and put up similar numbers at the combine (guessing he'll have a slightly slower 40, but better 3 cone and broad jump.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2652678-why-myles-garrett-is-a-better-nfl-draft-prospect-than-jadeveon-clowney

He's the #1 prospect by far. Trubisky or Watson are in play for the 2nd overall pick if he's gone. Can't really see us taking anyone else.
Love the list but Fournettes ankles scare me. Lol. I'd put Tim Williams in there.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Myles Garrett is not a better athlete than Von Miller.

I think he could be. I remember reading an article that garrett's vertical at 40 inches and his 40 at 4.45. Those are better numbers than Von Miller, and he's doing it while being inches taller and weighing 20 lbs more.

He's going to destroy the combine.
Originally posted by Heroism:
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Myles Garrett is not a better athlete than Von Miller.

I think he could be. I remember reading an article that garrett's vertical at 40 inches and his 40 at 4.45. Those are better numbers than Von Miller, and he's doing it while being inches taller and weighing 20 lbs more.

He's going to destroy the combine.

I don't put a lot of weight in team reported 40 times. Those are typically faster than pro days and fully hand timed compared to the half-electronic combine. I expect him to post a combine 40 time a little slower than Von Miller (4.53) if he even runs it, but he should put up similar jumping numbers to Miller. He's not going to beat a 6.70 3 cone drill or 4.06 shuttle, but he is a lot bigger than Miller and should have much longer arms.
Share 49ersWebzone