LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 275 users in the forums

Takkarist McKinley OLB UCLA

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by SheHateMe:
Taco is better but if Garretts gone trade down and try for Tim Williams. I think Tim Williams is pretty close to Myles Garrett and his pass rush ability is off the charts.

I'm starting to hope Mitch Trubisky gets hit by a bus and dies.

Why I think he's a good QB prospect and if we don't end up picking him someone (possibly the Browns or a team wanting to move up) could help us get our guy.

Shoot the Bears/Jets/Browns might want him and trade up with us

Williams is currently the 17th overall prospect so he won't be there in the 2nd.

yes, a trade up and we load up on this OLB/PR, and the TE from Alabama..
Originally posted by toppdogg32:
yes, a trade up and we load up on this OLB/PR, and the TE from Alabama..

Don't want to spend a top 50 pick on a TE no thanks
Just saw him run a 40 on a decent surface from a few days ago. I clocked him about a dozen times at around 4.75 (range from 4.67-4.79). Most of my times were right on the 4.75 mark.

He claims he will run a 4.4 forty at the combine. That is not to happen in a month. Mark me down for a 4.69 at the combine, which is a very good time for an edge rusher, but not elite speed by any means. .
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Just saw him run a 40 on a decent surface from a few days ago. I clocked him about a dozen times at around 4.75 (range from 4.67-4.79). Most of my times were right on the 4.75 mark.

He claims he will run a 4.4 forty at the combine. That is not to happen in a month. Mark me down for a 4.69 at the combine, which is a very good time for an edge rusher, but not elite speed by any means. .
dude is physically gifted he has the goods if he had a handful of legit pass rush moves he would be a top 5-10 pick... he just really doesn't have moves he just out athletes people 95% of his snaps. if he gets takin by a team that can develop solid moves he will be a a pro bowler
Originally posted by Zachary13White:

dude is physically gifted he has the goods if he had a handful of legit pass rush moves he would be a top 5-10 pick... he just really doesn't have moves he just out athletes people 95% of his snaps. if he gets takin by a team that can develop solid moves he will be a a pro bowler

He doesn't have great length or explosiveness and he isn't a natural bender. He ran a 10.58 100 meter dash in high school (at around 225-230) which is extremely impressive, but his get-off isn't that impressive on tape and build up speed isn't that helpful for a 4-3 DE. Even if he had pass rush moves and better technique, he'd be ranked far behind Garrett as a prospect - he'd probably be a top 10 or top 15 pick, but his physical attributes aren't as impressive as I thought. Love his motor and would be happy with him in the 2nd if we don't get Garrett in the first, but I'm not expecting him to be a pro bowler.

I agree. He might have a surprising straight line time, but he doesn't have elite speed off the edge. His get off is pretty good and the rest is just effort.
Takkarist McKinley – Senior – UCLA – 6-2 – 258 – 21 Analysis: This is bold to say, but McKinley might have the highest ceiling of any edge defender in the draft, Garrett included. He's an incredible athlete with some of the quickest feet I've ever seen for an edge. McKinley's first step is a blur, and his ability to win with power and quickness make him difficult to predict as a pass rusher. His hands are incredibly active and violent, but McKinley's pad level kills his attacks at times, allowing blockers to get into his frame and lock him up. He's still raw in many ways, and will get blown up at times in the run game when he doesn't identify blocking concepts quickly, but all the tools and intangibles are there for McKinley to be a star in the NFL.

Best Scheme Fit: McKinley does his best work from a 2-point stance, and his ability to play in space will have teams coveting him as a force defender. Gaining an edge on him is difficult, and he has the potential to drop into coverage and play all over a defense with a little coaching and experience. The desire to use him as a chess piece will be alluring for NFL defensive coordinators, but McKinley's biggest impact will come off the edge, working one-on-one against offensive tackles.

Importance of Draft Season: McKinley is expected to test off the charts, so affirming those expectations at the combine will be critical. He also has the opportunity to move closer to locking up a top-15 selection with a strong Senior Bowl, as he is currently the best pass rusher slated to be in Mobile (invitations still outstanding to Tim Williams and Demarcus Walker). As with any somewhat raw player, football IQ and technique will be where NFL teams focus their line of questioning.

http://insidethepylon.com/nfl/2017-nfl-draft/2017/01/17/early-2017-edge-rankings-part-1/
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Missing the senior bowl due to torn labrum.
UCLA DE/OLB Takkarist McKinley opted out of the Senior Bowl because of a torn right labrum which could eventually need surgery.

Dog, when are you coming up with BigBoards and Best Boards like in the recent years? Super curious how you see the prospects.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Trubisky/Watson + McKinley 2017

Make the 49ers less s**tty again!

Yes to this
This kid is the next aldon smith with some good coaching
Originally posted by Boldjames:
This kid is the next aldon smith with some good coaching

Originally posted by TheFunkyChicken:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Trubisky/Watson + McKinley 2017

Make the 49ers less s**tty again!

Yes to this