LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 272 users in the forums

Takkarist McKinley OLB UCLA

So we all want Myles Garrett and rightfully so BUT if for some reason he's not there we need to seriously check this kid out with our 2nd

He's got 10 sacks this yr and 18 tackles for loss.

He's got a crazy motor (fast) and is long. He's athletic as hell with a quick burst...he's already built like a 3-4 OLB at 6-2 260.

His tenacity shows up in his effort to support the run (though is a work in progress) and he's only scratched the surface...he's not a finished product and could get stronger/more disciplined vs run, but I wouldn't hate to snag him if we miss out of Myles

Thoughts?
Trubisky/Watson + McKinley 2017

Make the 49ers less s**tty again!
I don't think he's there in the 2nd. But if we can't get Garrett Takk or Charles Harris are guys i'd love to see us grab outside that top pick we have.

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Hell ya
Originally posted by genus49:
I don't think he's there in the 2nd. But if we can't get Garrett Takk or Charles Harris are guys i'd love to see us grab outside that top pick we have.

I see Harris going ahead of him to be honest (still a ton of time to figure that out) and I think Takk has some concerns with run D...I'd be happy as hell if we had a choice of the two.

for what it's worth CBS has Harris as the 27th overall prospect and Takk as the 44th.
His acceleration, change of direction, and balance are incredible
Taco is better but if Garretts gone trade down and try for Tim Williams. I think Tim Williams is pretty close to Myles Garrett and his pass rush ability is off the charts.

I'm starting to hope Mitch Trubisky gets hit by a bus and dies.
Originally posted by SheHateMe:
Taco is better but if Garretts gone trade down and try for Tim Williams. I think Tim Williams is pretty close to Myles Garrett and his pass rush ability is off the charts.

Why I think he's a good QB prospect and if we don't end up picking him someone (possibly the Browns or a team wanting to move up) could help us get our guy.

Shoot the Bears/Jets/Browns might want him and trade up with us

Williams is currently the 17th overall prospect so he won't be there in the 2nd.

• Koldo
  • Veteran

This could be an excellent plan B. Trade down and get Tim Williams / Reuben Foster.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

He's got a crazy motor (fast) and is long. He's athletic as hell with a quick burst...he's already built like a 3-4 OLB at 6-2 260.

His tenacity shows up in his effort to support the run (though is a work in progress) and he's only scratched the surface...he's not a finished product and could get stronger/more disciplined vs run, but I wouldn't hate to snag him if we miss out of Myles

Thoughts?

IMO he's a fairly well-rounded player - not one that just speed rushes every play. I thought he held up okay against SC's tackles too.

Despite Mora's shortcomings in the W-L department, he's been putting out pro-ready defenders. I think Takk is another one of those.
Originally posted by Koldo:
This could be an excellent plan B. Trade down and get Tim Williams / Reuben Foster.

We've all but locked up a top 3 pick. Nobody is going to mortgage their future for a single player in this draft. People need to forget about 'trading down'. It's not happening.

as for takk mckinley, count me in. love his motor and tenacity on the field.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 5, 2016 at 2:26 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Hell ya

Would love if the 1st 2 rounds started like this for the niners..
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I was hoping that this kid would not make so much NOISE that we can steal him in the early 3rd !!

keep the NOISE DOWN fellasssss !!!!

wheewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !!!!

He's pretty good but stiff as a board. Wins most of his engagements with speed to power and now bending the edge. A little one dementional in that way.
Share 49ersWebzone