LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 300 users in the forums

MBA Mock Draft ver 2.0 2017

Here we go again. After my first failed attempt, this is a NO trade mock draft only based on NFL Draft Scout prospect rankings as of Dec 1st.

Round 1 Myles Garrett 6'4" 268 lbs EDGE Texas A&M - no QB is worth this high of a pick and Browns agree by taking Jonathan Allen first
Round 2 Corey Davis 6'3" 213 lbs WR Western Michigan - I know many of you think he won't be here, but the rankings say he will
Round 3 Pat Mahomes 6'3" 219 lbs QB Texas Tech - ranked anywhere between a 2nd - 4th round prospect; Niners can't wait any longer to get one for the future
Round 4 Montravius Adams 6'3" 309 lbs DT Auburn - Niners need to get a run stuffer right in the middle
Round 5a Amba Etta- Tawo 6'1" 204 lbs WR Syracuse - need some better targets for our new QB
Round 5b James Conner 6'2" 240 lbs RB Pittsburgh - Hyde needs a backup
Round 6a Ejuan Price 5'11" 250 lbs EDGE Pittsburgh - Elvis Dumervil clone who is a little older but constantly provides pressure
Round 6b Nathan Gerry 6'2" 220 lbs SS Nebraska - backup SS for Tartt and a good special teams player
Round 7a Cole Croston 6'5" 307 lbs OT Iowa - need a backup OT for depth
Round 7b Ben Boulware 6'0" 235 lbs ILB Clemson - depth at ILB

My guess is the Niners will address the following positions in free agency:
CB
ILB
NT
QB
C/OG

Your thoughts..........
Would be happy as hell if it went down like this thought we had a comp 4th because of Boone?

You think price drops to the 6th? I don't would love to have though kid is a pitbull.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Would be happy as hell if it went down like this thought we had a comp 4th because of Boone?

You think price drops to the 6th? I don't would love to have though kid is a pitbull.

NY, I went with the picks that were listed on ProSportsTransactions.com. They may have missed on the Boone compensation. Who knows?

The Price kid is rated as a tweener between the 5th - 6th round on CBS Sports. It's probably because of his measurables and the fact he is a 6th year Senior with two medical redshirt years. Would love to have him in the OLB rotation to finally provide the Niners with some consistent pass rush.
great first 4 downs
Like Boulware. If we got Garrett, Davis and an ILB I would be happy
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
NY, I went with the picks that were listed on ProSportsTransactions.com. They may have missed on the Boone compensation. Who knows?

The Price kid is rated as a tweener between the 5th - 6th round on CBS Sports. It's probably because of his measurables and the fact he is a 6th year Senior with two medical redshirt years. Would love to have him in the OLB rotation to finally provide the Niners with some consistent pass rush.

Yeah I think comp picks haven't been figured out but reportedly that's what we are looking at, like you said who knows lol.

Hmmm I wouldn't have valued him that low but would be pumped to land Garrett and Price
Would be nice, but I doubt Corey Davis will be there in the 2nd. and I've seen multiple people report that mahomes is leaning towards staying in school.
[ Edited by Heroism on Dec 1, 2016 at 10:13 AM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:
Would be nice, but I doubt Corey Davis will be there in the 2nd. and I've seen multiple people report that mahomes is leaning towards staying in school.

If that was the case, the Niners may have to jump on Mason Raymond from Oklahoma State in the second and get another WR in the third like Zay Jones from East Carolina or Raymond's teammate James Washington.
I wouldn't be mad about JuJu in the 2nd b/c Davis will be gone.
Love the first 4 picks. The only way this could be better is if we ended up trading up into the first and getting Kizer or Watson if they fall (I think they'll all go top 15 though). Corey Davis would be a nice consolation prize if we don't trade for a QB. Mahomes isn't ready to start right away, so we'd probably need to keep Kaepernick or Gabbert or bring in a stop-gap, but this draft would set us up nicely for the future.

I'm actually more skeptical that Garrett and Adams will be there in the first and 4th rounds than that Davis will be there round 2. Luckily, there are plenty of DTs available in the mid-rounds in case Adams is taken.

Share 49ersWebzone