LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 274 users in the forums

Dede Westbrook WR Oklahoma

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Why didn't he run today?

Heard his agent told him not to, that true?

Not sure - I think he's planning on running at Oklahoma's pro day. He's been supporting Joe Mixon so that may have had something to do with it (bring more attention/scouts to OU's pro day). I would've liked to see him run at the combine so I could point out Ross was at least 0.1 seconds faster faster than Westbrook despite what nfldraftscout estimated. Ross's speed wasn't fully utilized at Washington because he was playing with a QB who doesn't have an arm (Browning).

This was evident in Ross' highlights.

DeDe is an animal though, I would love to get him in round 2!
Ran a 4.34 at his pro day which is probably the equivalent of a mid-4.4s at the combine. Good time but doesn't have the elite speed John Ross has.
Ran a 4.34 at his pro day which is probably the equivalent of a mid-4.4s at the combine. Good time but doesn't have the elite speed John Ross has.

4.34 is not elite speed? Lmao

When you couple his production with his 40 time dede is a first rounder! Jerry Rice had elite speed and he ran a 4.7 40!

Ross' injury issues kind of take away from his worth.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place

It's one thing to run a straight line real fast. Dede can cut on a dime and take off and he's got decent hands.

4.34 is not elite speed? Lmao.

When you couple his production with his 40 time dede is a first rounder! Jerry Rice had elite speed and he ran a 4.7 40!

A 4.34 at a pro day is not equivalent to a 4.34 at the combine. A 4.34 at the combine is elite. You have to add at least 0.1-0.12 seconds to the pro day time considering it's fully hand timed.

Westbrook's character concerns, his medical concerns, and his age take away from his worth. I like the Kenny Stills comparison a lot though - he could be a good player at the next level.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/1/20/14304194/dede-westbrook-oklahoma-scouting-report-nfl-draft

4.34 is not elite speed? Lmao.

A 4.34 at a pro day is not equivalent to a 4.34 at the combine. A 4.34 at the combine is elite. You have to add at least 0.1-0.12 seconds to the pro day time considering it's fully hand timed.

Westbrook's character concerns, his medical concerns, and his age take away from his worth. I like the Kenny Stills comparison a lot though - he could be a good player at the next level.

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2017/1/20/14304194/dede-westbrook-oklahoma-scouting-report-nfl-draft

So let me get this straight, you are trying to guess what his 40 time would be at the combine based on what he ran at his pro day?

LOL
So let me get this straight, you are trying to guess what his 40 time would be at the combine based on what he ran at his pro day?

LOL

As opposed to what? Treating it like it's the same as a combine time? If you want to compare it to anyone's time to ran at the combine you have to add at least a tenth of a second.
So whats the deal with this guy? He was highly successful in college in a system that seems to produce some NFL talent. Why isnt he considered a top wr in the draft? is he too small?
Originally posted by gold49digger:
So whats the deal with this guy? He was highly successful in college in a system that seems to produce some NFL talent. Why isnt he considered a top wr in the draft? is he too small?

I'm not sure why he isn't considered a top WR, but I do know that he should be able to go to a good team where he will be able to light it up!
Pro Football Focus sees a little Marvin Harrison in the game of Oklahoma WR Dede Westbrook.

"Both players had slim builds with questions about whether they could hold up in the league. Like Westbrook, Harrison possessed great deep speed and incredible quickness in and out of his cuts," notes the PFF analysis team. While Westbrook has shown the aforementioned quickness on game film, it did not translate to his testing work on OU's Wednesday pro day. The 5-foot-11, 178-pounder was clocked at sludge-like 7.24 seconds in the three-cone drill. There are also questions about his demeanor and off-field conduct which could potentially sink the speedster's draft hopes.

His build reminds me of AJ Jenkins but he is a good receiver from what I have seen

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Pro Football Focus sees a little Marvin Harrison in the game of Oklahoma WR Dede Westbrook.

"Both players had slim builds with questions about whether they could hold up in the league. Like Westbrook, Harrison possessed great deep speed and incredible quickness in and out of his cuts," notes the PFF analysis team. While Westbrook has shown the aforementioned quickness on game film, it did not translate to his testing work on OU's Wednesday pro day. The 5-foot-11, 178-pounder was clocked at sludge-like 7.24 seconds in the three-cone drill. There are also questions about his demeanor and off-field conduct which could potentially sink the speedster's draft hopes.

His build reminds me of AJ Jenkins but he is a good receiver from what I have seen

I can see this comparison, I mean this slow poke (4.3 - 40) was very productive in college! I think he is one of the gem's in this draft!
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

we'll see. I am meh on him, but he could be a good player.
We need this guy!
How does he compare to Sterling Sheppard .
Saw in the BR mock draft this dude dropped to the 5th round
Share 49ersWebzone