SPECIAL TEAMS
P Andy Lee
K Joe Nedney
H Andy Lee
LS Brian Jennings
POS First Second Third Other
PR Ted Ginn Jr. Kyle Williams Dominique Zeigler
KR Ted Ginn Jr. Kyle Williams Dominique Zeigler

now I know he drafted Bowman in 2011, Iupati and Davis in 2010. Other than that he brought in Whitner and Boldin. The rest of the team was scotties. Am I wrong?

So the team in My eyes was good enough to get to the superbowl in 2010. But with Jimmy Rae on board. Not happening. And baalke got rid of harbaugh and Davis wasnt a solid draft we know at this point. And he drove harbaugh out.

PS Alex smith with Alex smith in my eyes we would have won the superbowl. We also would have won if harbaugh didnt pass ever damn play at the end when we had gore. Just like the year after in Seattle

Scott was the GM from 2008-2009 and was in charge of TWO drafts this is who he drafted

2008:

Kentwan Balmer
Chilo Rachal
Reggie Smith
Cody Wallace
Josh Morgan
Larry Grant

2009:

Michael Crabtree
Glen Coffee
Scott McKillop
Nate Davis
Bear Pascoe
Curtis Taylor
Ricky Jean-Francois

and the only players he brought in that did anything for that SB run was Justin Smith and Alex Boone UDFA. He kept Mike Nolan as HC then gave his job to Singletary who then replaced Martz with Raye

so please tell me who the heck from those drafts did much of anything outside of Crabtree dude did a piss poor job while the GM period.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Dec 2, 2016 at 1:52 PM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by fan49:
Scott Mccloughan at his finest. the guy we dumped for baalke lmao

And Scott had two worse drafts when he was the GM here from 2008-2009.

Scott left because of personal reasons. Baalke will leave because of personnel reasons.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
Scott left because of personal reasons. Baalke will leave because of personnel reasons.

I'm cool with that
The trick is to find those impact players later in the draft. I'm talking those 4th, 5th, and 6th round steals.
Originally posted by 951NINER:
The trick is to find those impact players later in the draft. I'm talking those 4th, 5th, and 6th round steals.

I can't even expect that from a GM. Just give me three impact/good guys. Even the guys that find those "steals" don't do it every year.

Also, it could be argued that we won the draft jackpot in 2011. Now what happened later on is obviously a curse from the football gods lol. But that 2011 draft looked like an all time great draft very early on.

Also, I'd say we won in 2007 as well. Patrick Willis, Joe Staley, Dashon Goldson, Tarell Brown, and Ray McDonald was a damn good draft. I thought we dispelled this rumor on who was in charge of the draft. From 2005-2007, those were Mike Nolan drafts. As soon as Scot McCloughan was in power as THE decision maker, our draft success went down the toilet.
Originally posted by fan49:
never forgot... i would have let that slide, he built our superbowl team, and it was supposedly an alcohol thing. Its funny how seattle started to make better moves and get good when he showed up. HUGE MISTAKE BY THE YORKS! SCOTTY>>>>>>>>BAALKE

PS. IF TRUE ONCE AN ALCOHOLIC ALWAYS AN ALCOHOLIC!

Who isn't an alcoholic though?
Share 49ersWebzone