There are 131 users in the forums

Would you be willing to trade up to number 1?

Would you be willing to trade up to number 1?

If we end the season at pick #2 and Browns are at #1 would you be willing to trade up for the first pick? The reason I ask is because a rumor came out that the Browns love Mitch but it could be a smokescreen and they love Garrett and want whoever picking #2 niners or Bears to trade up for Mitch. Play them and act like your trading up for Mitch and get the best player. A 4th and a future pick could be all it takes.
More a question of if Cleveland would trade down and what their price would be. Looks like a sellers market next year, to me. For the top pick at least. If Cleveland don't want Garrett they could trade down to a team that does.
The Mitch rumors are gonna be flying because he's from the suburbs of Cleveland. I feel they'll take Garrett at the end of the day though. He's as close to a sure thing as there is and they have Kessler who hasn't looked bad; also that 2nd 1st round pick. They really need to improve that trash line before they even think about drafting another kid to ruin.
[ Edited by Chibamarines on Nov 23, 2016 at 12:38 PM ]
If it cost us a 3rd this yr and next yr to move up one spot for Myles I say you do it...end of the day though a qb will most likely be the #1 pick (might not be the Browns) just how the league is setup.

We got to make sure we get that #2 spot...no stupid wins. Jags and Bears need to get one more win.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
If it cost us a 3rd this yr and next yr to move up one spot for Myles I say you do it...end of the day though a qb will most likely be the #1 pick (might not be the Browns) just how the league is setup.

We got to make sure we get that #2 spot...no stupid wins. Jags and Bears need to get one more win.

This. And 2 thirds aren't even that high of a price to pay.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
if there's a team that's willing to get the 1st pick, I would not mind trading out of it..
  • HERN
  • Veteran

I'm calling it right now.

Niners beat the Dolphins.

Bears lose

Jags lose

Niners have the 4th pick by the end of Sunday night.
It all depends on the asking price.
Originally posted by HERN:

Bears lose

Jags lose

Man, I hope you are wrong.

An absolutely meaningless win and we lose out on an impact player.
We need J. Allen and Peppers to play out of their minds. Get into the mix as #1 target. My hope is for Garrett so if any of those two or a QB can pass him on the big boards that would be great. Even if they can not pass up Garrett though and he is grabbed #1 by Cleveland it would help us greatly if there were high quality players for the 2-3-4 slots just incase we slip down to the 4th pick. A trade down is always an option if we can not get our man.

• Jasta
  • Veteran
Why would Cleveland trade down to #2 if they can trade down lower for a ton more picks? Why would we risk a bunch of picks when it's possible the Browns want a completely different guy who'd be available at #2 anyway?

Personally I don't think #1 or #2 affects us THAT much. Either we get Myles Garrett, or the best QB available. Either one is a pretty good win (provided Baalke isn't picking the QB)

The only problem is like above if we f**k up and drop to #3 or #4... or if the three or four favorites in the current QB class start throwing red flags everywhere and nobody else stands out.
Originally posted by Jasta:
Why would Cleveland trade down to #2 if they can trade down lower for a ton more picks? Why would we risk a bunch of picks when it's possible the Browns want a completely different guy who'd be available at #2 anyway?

Personally I don't think #1 or #2 affects us THAT much. Either we get Myles Garrett, or the best QB available. Either one is a pretty good win (provided Baalke isn't picking the QB)

The only problem is like above if we f**k up and drop to #3 or #4... or if the three or four favorites in the current QB class start throwing red flags everywhere and nobody else stands out.

All of this.
Originally posted by HERN:

Bears lose

Jags lose

have you seen Jay Ajayi and that Dolphins O-Line? We might beat the Bears but Dolphins are gonna break records against this s**t Defense.
If they want Garrett they'll take him at 1. Luckily they're not that bad at that position and reports are they prefer Mitch or Allen.

I'd say the biggest issue with trading up for the top spot is Clv can be also talking to a team willing to give up the mega haul. Look what Wenz and Goff brought.
  • titan
  • Veteran
No. there is no sense on trading up or trading down. We need too many players to trade just for 1 -3 spots. To trade down is dumb also they will end up jacking that up picking 3rd talent in the 1st rd.
Share 49ersWebzone