There are 296 users in the forums

MBA Mock Draft ver 1.0 2017

I believe Beckworth is the guy the Niners need to play alongside Bowman. The problem picking Alabama defenders that early is their entire defense is off the charts...in college. It's harder to know which ones will thrive in the NFL. Beckworth has been a true standout on a very good LSU defense...and looks to be the closest thing to a true Willis replacement. He could likely be drafted in rd 2.

I'd agree this is far from a standout draft for QB's...and as pointed out by others, teams will overdraft them. Of those available, I'd think Trubisky or Falk would seem to be good fits for Kelly's offense. They're both very accurate and are quick decision makers.

Gallman had one breakout season (2015) sandwiched between two mediocre ones. For Kelly's offense, I'd think guys like McCaffrey or Kamara would be better fits. Both guys are not only outstanding runners, but both are exceptional receivers.

Both Corey Davis and Jordan Willis seem like guys who can make an impact their 1st season...exactly what Kelly needs.

Like the Montravious Adams pick, but his work ethic and consistency have come into question. That said, he can be quite a beast, he just needs to do that more consistently. Not sure he'd still be around in the 5th rd, though.

Kind of refreshing to see just the draft...no FA's, cuts, etc.
Hell yea to Jehu Chesson!
Originally posted by fan49:
Originally posted by shmuck:
Kizer and Davis will go in the first almost guaranteed. Also if were moving down from #2 to #9 we should be able to get a first for next year. Other then that solid.

kizer is not a top10 pick. all this overrating because hes a qb

I never said he was. I'm just saying he's a lock for the first.
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Sorry, big no no. Kizer sucks and is way overrated.
Originally posted by Heroism:
who are the Titans trading up for?

Peppers from Michigan. They need a playmaker in their secondary.
In regards to Kizer and Davis going in the first round, I just went with the rankings on the board.

Both Watson and Trubisky had really bad weeks last week losing to average teams and committing some bad turnovers. Watson may be the guy that drops out of the first round because of the subpar season he had had in the eyes of the scouts. Kizer was the one listed as the fringe 1st rounder at QB for now.

Davis also had a mediocre week last week as his team chose to run more than pass in their latest win. As Niners fans we have to hope that stays in the minds of scouts so he drops to the top of the second round.

Like what Corva suggested about Kamara at RB. That would be a better pick.
Originally posted by Rascal:

He's going to end up being a top 10 pick. Most boards I've looked at still have him and Trubisky as the top QBs in the draft. A lot of mocks have us taking him at #2 which I wouldn't be that upset about if Garrett is gone.

Kizer has as much potential as Goff or Wentz. He has more arm strength than either, has Wentz's size and athleticism, and throws as accurate a deep ball. He needs to work on his consistency on shorter throws and get rid of the ball a little faster at times, but he's going to be a top pick for a reason.

I'd be happy with Kizer, Watson, or Trubisky who will probably all be taken in the first round. I'm not as interested in Falk who I see as a poor man's Goff with less athleticism and arm strength.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

A playmaker with zero interceptions in his career?
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Yup and giving up all those picks (and a 2nd rd pick they currently don't have) for a SS? No way.
  • evil
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rascal:

You also told us there was no QB worth taking outside of Goff or Wentz last year. And so far, we have seen Prescott begin to prove that wrong. Jury is still out on Goff and Lynch and perhaps with time Brissett may also develop. Kessler may end up as Andy Dalton version 2.0.

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Yup and giving up all those picks (and a 2nd rd pick they currently don't have) for a SS? No way.

They do own one second round pick this year which they acquired from the Browns according to pro sports transaction.com.
[ Edited by m_brockalexander on Nov 19, 2016 at 10:35 PM ]
They do own one second round pick this year which they acquired from the Browns according to pro sports transaction.com.

They don't have a 2nd rd pick they traded their 2nd to the Browns

http://nflspinzone.com/2016/11/12/nfl-draft-2017-tennessee-titans-7-round-mock-midseason/amp/2/

https://www.google.com/amp/titansized.com/2016/10/21/tennessee-titans-2017-nfl-mock-draft/amp/?client=safari
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Nov 20, 2016 at 6:59 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

They don't have a 2nd rd pick they traded their 2nd to the Browns

http://nflspinzone.com/2016/11/12/nfl-draft-2017-tennessee-titans-7-round-mock-midseason/amp/2/

https://www.google.com/amp/titansized.com/2016/10/21/tennessee-titans-2017-nfl-mock-draft/amp/?client=safari

My bad. Read it wrong. Back to the drawing board.
My bad. Read it wrong. Back to the drawing board.

All good
I doubt Kizer will even come out this year. Good draft though. Love Foster!
Share 49ersWebzone