LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

Goff vs Wentz revisited

• Shifty
  • Veteran
Wentz the last 8 weeks has been awful, neither is really impressing me yet.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Too early
  • Rascal
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
I still think Goff would've been perfect for us. Jeff Fisher and that Rams offense is awful for a young QB. Don't know if any of you saw the Pats game but he was getting no help at all. I felt bad for the kid.

So, wait a minute, you were cool with taking Jared Goff last year and not taking a franchise QB in the coming draft?

May be you say that is because there wasn't a Myles Garrett last year, but the truth is we can't turn back the clock. The fact that we have been so stupid in deferring on a franchise QB for so many years, we have pushed it back for far too long whereby we must finally pull the trigger now.
Originally posted by Rascal:
So, wait a minute, you were cool with taking Jared Goff last year and not taking a franchise QB in the coming draft?

May be you say that is because there wasn't a Myles Garrett last year, but the truth is we can't turn back the clock. The fact that we have been so stupid in deferring on a franchise QB for so many years, we have pushed it back for far too long whereby we must finally pull the trigger now.

Who said I'm not cool with us taking a franchise QB in the coming draft? I happened to be a huge fan of Goff last year, especially if he could've been had at #7 which I thought was possible before the damn Rams traded up. But as you also said there wasn't a Myles Garrett type of defender last year. I wasn't a huge fan of Bosa or Ramsey so to me Goff was easily the best choice for us. I was happy with the Buckner pick though once the QBs were gone.

This year I have a lot more questions about the QB prospects but if the team felt they were worth top 5 draft pick then I have 0 issues with them drafting them...certainly whether we go with Watson or Trubisky the ceiling is very high. My concerns are how low is the floor for these guys. Garrett is more of a sure thing as far as I see so I tend to prefer him if it was either or. Simple as that.
Share 49ersWebzone