LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 267 users in the forums

Reuben Foster, ILB, Bama

Originally posted by wailers15:
interesting take as we are watching the replay from last nights game, and these tackles are straight text book. i'm seeing more leading with his shoulder than crown of the helmet.

But did he have to take on a blocker and hold his gap responsibility?
Originally posted by 9moon:
you aint getting any better ILB than Foster after the 10th pick..

the guy play faster than Bowman, and all the techniques he may need, NFL will make him a complete LB!!

Here we go again! Moon talking out of his moon AGAIN!! Smdh!!
Im all in for foster. Bowman desperately needs help. Hes coming off his second season ending injury and hes not getting any younger or faster. We've drafted DEs 2 years in a row, none of the qbs are worth a 1st rd pick. He may not be the best on the board but he'll be the best fit for our team.
Foster or Garrett would be best but what if Garoppolo is our first to NE. personally I believe two years of our 2nd round picks is fair trade, but this year's QB pool are not true 1st rounders.
Foster or Garrett would be best but what if Garoppolo is our first to NE. personally I believe two years of our 2nd round picks is fair trade, but this year's QB pool are not true 1st rounders.
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

the guy play faster than Bowman, and all the techniques he may need, NFL will make him a complete LB!!

I'll wait until the combine to see his speed.

Foster is not P. Willis speed but he tackles with power which is why he's top. a sure tackler with meaness
[ Edited by Constantine on Jan 10, 2017 at 1:08 PM ]
Originally posted by Hysterikal:
Originally posted by wailers15:
interesting take as we are watching the replay from last nights game, and these tackles are straight text book. i'm seeing more leading with his shoulder than crown of the helmet.

But did he have to take on a blocker and hold his gap responsibility?

from what i saw yes. he did slip on a pass coverage to the TE on a play. I saw him twice blow up the Guard en route to a tackle of Gillman.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 808niner4lyphe:

Here we go again! Moon talking out of his moon AGAIN!! Smdh!!
I see you've never seen Bowman when he was at Penn State..

or did you have your eyes on Mr. Z??

Originally posted by Constantine:

The Niners are not going to trade the #2 pick for Jimmy G.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
ANYONE WHO BELIEVES THAT WE SHOULD TRADE EITHER OUR 1ST, OR 2ND ROUND PICK FOR GRAPPY SHOULD GET THEIR HEAD CHECKED!!
ANYONE WHO BELIEVES THAT WE SHOULD TRADE EITHER OUR 1ST, OR 2ND ROUND PICK FOR GRAPPY SHOULD GET THEIR HEAD CHECKED!!

Trade armsteed 4 grapol

• PGENZ
  • Veteran
Would you swap picks in 2nd round straight up for Garappalo?
The following is what I believe is best possible outcome year one of the McDaniels/Wolf regime. 80 million in cap room makes all this possible still leaving much for next year.

1/11 draft strategy

Round 1 trade back with Buffalo for 2nd +
5th or better next year for pick #10
Take ILB Reuben Foster or WR M. Williams

Round 2. Pick 34 take WR JuJu Smith-
Schuster if we got Foster in round 1; take
ILB Raekwon McMillan if we got Williams in
round 1

Round 2 Pick 44 take TE O.J Howard if still
there, if not take OT Garett Bolles or OG/C
Ethan Pocic

Round 3 Pick 66 take QB Pat Mahomes

Round 4 Pick 98 OG/C Tyler Orlosky

Round 5 Pick 124 S Josh Harvey-Clemons

Round 5 Compensatory QB Antonio Pipkin

Round 6 Pick 158 ILB Blaire Brown

Round 6 Compensatory NT Josh Augusta

Round 7 Pick 192 RB James Conner

Round 7 Compensatory DT Jake Replogle

1/11 free agency strategy

WR Tyrelle Pryor
NT Dontari Poe or Brandon Williams
OG Kevin Zeitler
OLB Dante Hightower or Melvin Ingram
CB A.J. Bouye
RB Fozzy Whittaker and DuJuan Harris
QB Retain Christian Ponder
NFL draft profiles have released. Everything I've pointed out, from questionable instincts and issues with beating second-level tackles(stack+shed) to poor tackling form, is explicitly documented in his weaknesses. He's a really good player, but he's not Willis or Kuechly

Instincts are just average. Overly reliant on speed and athleticism over instincts and feel. Can be a tick slow to respond to play-action. Inconsistent defeating blocks. Too eager to take on everyone at the point of attack. Gets shoulder covered up firing into incoming blockers. Needs to improve stack and shed technique to keep himself clean. Will drop his head at times as tackler. Poor tackling technique led to "stinger" issues early in his career.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2017/profiles/reuben-foster?id=2557837
Leonard fournette is the best offensive player in this year's draft and this dude just demolished him. We need this kid!
If Bow and R2 come back healthy and are looking good in OTAs then what?
Share 49ersWebzone