LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 249 users in the forums

Reuben Foster, ILB, Bama

he is bae
Foster plays mean. We may have to draft him at 2 or could only afford to trade down a couple of spots if we wanted to draft him.

Such a great draft if you're looking for defense.
He is a sure tackler, which is always good, and he is for sure a starter at ILB/MLB in the NFL. But I think his positioning is suspect, and he is a bit slow off blocks imo. He can compensate for it on college level, but not sure whether or not he can do it in the pros. I don't think he's close to a slam dunk like Willis or Kuechly were.
Originally posted by the_dynasty:
He is a sure tackler, which is always good, and he is for sure a starter at ILB/MLB in the NFL. But I think his positioning is suspect, and he is a bit slow off blocks imo. He can compensate for it on college level, but not sure whether or not he can do it in the pros. I don't think he's close to a slam dunk like Willis or Kuechly were.

thank you! no a top 10 pick.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

At least not for us. Some quality ILBs in this class and we have much bigger needs which can be addressed at the top.

i'm curious where Boulware goes. The obvious comparison would be Borland. Short stubby white guy but all over the field with great instincts lol. Wouldn't mind us taking a chance on him on day 3.
Originally posted by genus49:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

At least not for us. Some quality ILBs in this class and we have much bigger needs which can be addressed at the top.

i'm curious where Boulware goes. The obvious comparison would be Borland. Short stubby white guy but all over the field with great instincts lol. Wouldn't mind us taking a chance on him on day 3.

Yeah I've talked about him since the beginning of the yr...leader and solid tackler. He's got horrible measurables (like Borland) but he's got twice the heart lol. He's kinda like scooby wright.

I wouldn't be surprised if he's a late rd draft pick solid backup.
guy was a savage. 13 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF. some big hits. not a bad game
Originally posted by wailers15:
guy was a savage. 13 tackles, 1 sack, 1 FF. some big hits. not a bad game

Did he have to stack and shed?
Originally posted by Hysterikal:

Not with those monsters eating blocks
Definitely was one of the best player on the field last night.

Originally posted by 49ersforlife4952:

Not with those monsters eating blocks

I won't be sold on him until I see him do that. Which is the only reason why I like Zach Cunningham more

no, he never has to do that. He gets to play clean because of how well the guys up front hold their assignments.

I'll put this here so I can reference it in a year or two from now-

Foster has some terrible tackling tendencies. Constantly drops his eyes right before contact and leads the impact with the crown of his helmet. He's going to get seriously hurt in the NFL if he keeps doing that. That's a great way to incur concussions and end up paralyzed.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Heroism:

no, he never has to do that. He gets to play clean because of how well the guys up front hold their assignments.

Foster has some terrible tackling tendencies. Constantly drops his eyes right before contact and leads the impact with the crown of his helmet. He's going to get seriously hurt in the NFL if he keeps doing that. That's a great way to incur concussions and end up paralyzed.
you aint getting any better ILB than Foster after the 10th pick..

the guy play faster than Bowman, and all the techniques he may need, NFL will make him a complete LB!!
Originally posted by 9moon:
you aint getting any better ILB than Foster after the 10th pick..

the guy play faster than Bowman, and all the techniques he may need, NFL will make him a complete LB!!

I'll wait until the combine to see his speed.
Originally posted by Heroism:

interesting take as we are watching the replay from last nights game, and these tackles are straight text book. i'm seeing more leading with his shoulder than crown of the helmet.
Share 49ersWebzone