LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 277 users in the forums

Reuben Foster, ILB, Bama

Originally posted by post_primitive:
Blair/AA/Bunkner/Thomas can play at the 3 and the 5; let's not debate trivialities. We still need NT depth (Dial?) and another LEO. Luckily, both can still be had in this draft.

Barring major attrition, we're finally gonna have a deep, young, and talented front 7 this season, which puts us a starting corner away from a respectable defense.

only issue is pass rush... yes we should be good (maybe even great) against the run but no one on our roster would put fear in the hearts of QB's the night before the game. At this point I'm not even sure how we fix it. With three high picks on DL's and none of them really being prolific pass rushers could be in for a few tough years, unless they are able to "rush by committee" some how. Not saying I hate the Thomas pick, I think with 2 wins (holy crap we only won 2 games last year! I originally typed 3 and had to go back and check!) you have to go BPA. There's a fairly decent chance one out of the three first round DL picks wont work out so at least we should end up with two solid pieces (hopefully!) to build a defense.
It is crazy to think that 6 of our starters on the Defense were first round selections. if we can develop them properly, we can have them hitting their prime all at the same time to form a great defense.

Our offense is coming together with the free agent additions and who ever else we draft. I just hope we get a QB in the next year or so.

maybe Kyle likes peterman.
Originally posted by mitpdub:
We jumped to swipe him from NO

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0649463958658355912-4

Sean Payton said the Saints were also considering Alabama LB Reuben Foster and UCLA OLB Takkarist McKinley, along with Wisconsin OT Ryan Ramczyk, as pick No. 32 approached before the other two went off the board. But after that, there was a clear gap between Ramczyk and everyone else. He said they had Ramczyk rated in the top half of Round 1, and all the scouts agreed he was a first-rounder.

Mike Triplett, ESPN Staff Writer

This makes me like the trade even more
Originally posted by Niners99:
Foster is the 2nd best player in this draft. Someone is going to get an All-Pro LB at a bargain price. Hopefully its us at 34, but I doubt he falls that far.

Foster is the 2nd best player in this draft. Someone is going to get an All-Pro LB at a bargain price. Hopefully its us at 34, but I doubt he falls that far.

What are you talking about. We got Froster.
Maybe foster works out long term, maybe he doesnt.

What you have to respect by FO is assessing team need and having the discipline to select a strong prospect to fill that need. And, no acl tear. Thank g*d. I feel like i can breathe again.

As long as lynch doesnt ruin it by drafting six tight ends, were good.
Share 49ersWebzone