There are 193 users in the forums

Reuben Foster, ILB, Bama

I like him but I don't trust bama prospects.
We wont take him 9ers have ptsd from all the flags from big hitters
Totally off subject but in the 1st gif I'm impressed by Fournette holding onto the ball after getting hit like that..
Originally posted by wailers15:
Stud!!! I'm all on him Or his teammate Allen. This is the perfect ILB we need! We can't stop the run, & I think it's time to start looking for Bowman's replacement.
I would rather draft Foster over Garrett. He has that motor that stands out on the tape.

Say what? Foster is a good ILB but a pass rusher with the ability of Garrett doesn't come by every draft.

Foster is NOT a top 3 pick and most ILB aren't. Hell Kuechly and Willis weren't drafted that high.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Rare hitter. He's one of those guys who seems as interested in delivering pain as making the tackle.

Agreed. I think Foster goes in the late 1st and if we can't get him, Florida's LB, Jerrad Davis is of a similar mold. Not as disciplined and overall as talented as Foster, but he brings it every hit is definitely worth a mid-second round pick. Possible trade back candidate.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Stud!!! I'm all on him Or his teammate Allen. This is the perfect ILB we need! We can't stop the run, & I think it's time to start looking for Bowman's replacement.
I would rather draft Foster over Garrett. He has that motor that stands out on the tape.

Say what? Foster is a good ILB but a pass rusher with the ability of Garrett doesn't come by every draft.

Foster is NOT a top 3 pick and most ILB aren't. Hell Kuechly and Willis weren't drafted that high.

Agreed. Although Foster is a top 5 player in this draft Garrett is the best player in almost every draft from the past 5 years. And in more important position then Foster. We gotta take him of he's there.
[ Edited by shmuck on Nov 17, 2016 at 1:18 PM ]
Foster's a dandy all right, but the guy I like to play alongside Bowman is LSU's Beckworth. He's close to Willis' size, a fearless tackler and can cover receivers. Let's face it, either guy is a huge upgrade to Wilhoite & Belore. I think Hodges has enough game to be a good rotation guy, possibly start early while either Foster or Beckworth are learning.
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:
Rare hitter. He's one of those guys who seems as interested in delivering pain as making the tackle.

Agreed. I think Foster goes in the late 1st and if we can't get him, Florida's LB, Jerrad Davis is of a similar mold. Not as disciplined and overall as talented as Foster, but he brings it every hit is definitely worth a mid-second round pick. Possible trade back candidate.

Davis also has the best forward handspring of any LB in the draft:

[ Edited by NinerSickness on Nov 17, 2016 at 11:10 PM ]
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Foster's a dandy all right, but the guy I like to play alongside Bowman is LSU's Beckworth. He's close to Willis' size, a fearless tackler and can cover receivers. Let's face it, either guy is a huge upgrade to Wilhoite & Belore. I think Hodges has enough game to be a good rotation guy, possibly start early while either Foster or Beckworth are learning.

Boom this! Beckworth is a solid LB and could be had in the 3rd. Foster is great and would love to have him but Beckworth is a better value.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:

Boom this! Beckworth is a solid LB and could be had in the 3rd. Foster is great and would love to have him but Beckworth is a better value.
I gotta watch more film on Beckworth. The film I did watch shows him missing tackles but I gotta watch the game film.

Beckwith just got bulldozed.

Very talented LB though. 6'3 247 and a monster vs the run
[ Edited by Sims19849ers on Nov 19, 2016 at 10:37 AM ]
I agree only if Garrett is gone go after Foster but not for the number 2 pick.Possibly trade down for him to add picks for this year and next. Maybe then grab a Tim Williams or Barnett if you can get 2 first rounders out of the trade to help bolster our pass rush to give our secondary a better chance in coverage. Grab the best available QB in the second then trade back into the high second round for best available wideout. Then look for best player available picks in the remainder of the draft RB,OL,S,NT. Really think we need to look at drafting a running back Hyde can't stay on the field. Free agency I would look for a Safety and NT Eric Berry and Poe if Chiefs don't keep them.

And that's just one draft scenario running through this poor depressed 49ers fans head
[ Edited by 16_to_80 on Dec 10, 2016 at 7:00 AM ]
Originally posted by Sims19849ers:

Davis also has the best forward handspring of any LB in the draft:

I would crap myself seeing him whiff by my head like that yikes

Good call.

As an ANALOGY - Garrett is Lawrence Taylor and Foster is Chip Banks - who do you take?

Taylor every time. Every team had to game plan against him - SAMEw/Garrett

He will be the Impact player we so desperately need.

He will make everyone around him better.

Buck and AA will see more single coverage and they'll excel.

Our secondary will get better because opposing QB's won't have all day to throw.

IMO - he's the difference maker we have to get.
Would love him as a candidate for after a trade down if the Browns take Garrett and we're not that high on any of the QBs and someone wants to move up for one of them.
Share 49ersWebzone