LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 310 users in the forums

Reuben Foster, ILB, Bama

Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by TheXFactor:
Would love this guy if we trade down from 2.

Why not just pick him at # 2?

#2 is awful high for an ILB. He better be incredible for that price.
  • fip24
  • Veteran
I actually think this is one of the more interesting story lines (for the Niners) in the draft. IMO Foster is probably the safest pick in the draft. At worst,he is a massive upgrade over Ray Ray. Best case, he is the 2nd coming of Pat.
Do you go with the near sure thing in Foster @ 2 or do you roll the dice on another player who plays a more " valuable " position???
Ideally, we can drop down to 6 or 7 and grab Foster or Hooker
The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci passes along "a lot of buzz" that the 49ers could draft Alabama ILB Reuben Foster with the No. 2 overall pick.

Carucci is one of the NFL's most well-connected beat writers, having worked for multiple teams and as a reporter for NFL.com. Even if he gets past San Francisco at No. 2, Carucci fully expects Foster to be drafted in the single digits. After watching Foster's college tape, ESPN's Louis Riddick described him as "everything I want in a run-and-hit linebacker," and "vicious" on the field. Foster, however, is presently recovering from rotator cuff surgery.
Related: 49ers
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
The Buffalo News' Vic Carucci passes along "a lot of buzz" that the 49ers could draft Alabama ILB Reuben Foster with the No. 2 overall pick.

Carucci is one of the NFL's most well-connected beat writers, having worked for multiple teams and as a reporter for NFL.com. Even if he gets past San Francisco at No. 2, Carucci fully expects Foster to be drafted in the single digits. After watching Foster's college tape, ESPN's Louis Riddick described him as "everything I want in a run-and-hit linebacker," and "vicious" on the field. Foster, however, is presently recovering from rotator cuff surgery.
Related: 49ers

I could see this. If he passes the "I love football" test by lynch then I think he could be the guy.
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I could see this. If he passes the "I love football" test by lynch then I think he could be the guy.

I think it is way too early. No team has even set their draft boards yet, I'd take rumors like this in February with a huge grain of salt.
I don't think there's any questions about his passion for the game. You don't play as reckless as he does without committing yourself to the game.

Biggest questions right now are about his health. Rotator cuff surgery is not a minor procedure.
I would love to trade down and get him. The middle of our D is atrocious and needs another playmaker right away.
He is top 5 talent for sure. The best of the Bama backers. Three down monster. Love the way he plays.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Listen to the Matt Miller podcast on KNBR from Thursday. He confirmed the same thing.

Everything I've seen and heard is that the 49ers love Foster and have for 2 years now.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
Using a Seattle analogy, would you spend a top 5 pick on Bobby Wagner?

He's the BPA at a position of huge need in a draft that isn't deep at LB. If no Garrett, then this seems like a really good choice.
Originally posted by FL9er:
Listen to the Matt Miller podcast on KNBR from Thursday. He confirmed the same thing.

Everything I've seen and heard is that the 49ers love Foster and have for 2 years now.

Well it's an entirely new regime so maybe it could be different.
I would love us to make some deals that lands us Reuben Foster and Jamal Adams.
If you think Foster's trajectory is somewhere in the Kuechly range, then a selection at number two is not that outrageous.

The Niners can play Bowman or Foster as a Mike or as an OLB. With Ray Ray in the mix, they would have a quick, active fleet of LBs.
Two for a ILb good player but s**t...also how the hell does a buffalo beat writer knows what happening in SF?

He's not gonna be at the combine correct?
Share 49ersWebzone