LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 172 users in the forums

Which would you rather..?

Which would you rather..?

I was just going through my history and reading my last 3 Mocks and thought all 3 would help this team a lot but wondering which would ppl rather..i personally like Mock C...

Mock A

Resign
=====

QP 2 yrs 5 Million- this guy has played great the last 2 weeks, made me wonder if he could do this a lot more if he had a QB to get him the ball like Kap is..
Mcdonald 3 yrs 15 Million-I love everything about his game but the drops are difficult to deal with, make his ass stand in front of the Jug Machine until his hands are blue lol

Ray-Ray 2 yrs 4 Million-Fights for his starting position back, played very good before his injury..

Tiller 3 yrs 6 Million-Depth and Competition

Dawson 1 yr 3 Million- self explanatory

Cuts
===

Bethea- 7 Million saved

Brock- 4 Million saved

Kap- 16 Million saved

Brooks- 8 Million saved

Free Agent Signings
===============

Alshon Jeffrey- 4 yrs 48 Million Number 1 WR who can physically dominate

Brandon Williams- 4 yrs 32 Million Mean huge NT who is desperately needed

Colin Kaepernick- 1 yr 10 Million WAIT WAIT WAIT hear me out..!!! I kno a lot will say hell no to resigning but I love what I see from him in Kellys offense 60 % of the game, its only his 4th game and he got better and better..i think they let him start the rest of the season and if he improves more then hes worth resigning..more time learning Kellys shceme I think the better he is in it..

Trade 5th, and 7th round pick for 4th

2017 NFL DRAFT
==============

Round 1 Pick 2- OLB out of Texas A&M Myles Garrett- starter day 1 opposite Lynch..i think Clevland take their top QB in fear they lose him to the niners, Bears or Jets

Round 2 QB out of Texas Tech Patrick Mahomes- maybe strongest arm in the draft, very accurate, puts beautiful touch on the ball when needed and is athletic and hard to take down..makes plays out of nothing while still looking down field, sits a year behind Kap unless he beats him out

Round 3 WR out of Florida State Travis Rudolph-Fights QP for the slot WR..can return Kicks as well..very good player

Round 4 TE out of Clemson Jordan Leggett- nightmare for S or LBs...this class has some talent so I could see him dropping-

Round 4 ILB out of Tenn Jalen Maybin-Reeves- this kid will be a steal, will fight Ray-Ray for the starting spot day 1..

Round 4 RB out of UNC Elijah Hood- power and speed who will form a nice Duo with Hyde

Round 5 OT out of UNC John Heck-Nice Depth with Theus, has played a lot of game and help his own against good competition just like Theus

Round 6 S out of Nebraska Nathan Gerry- having a great season..good Depth and ST player

Round 7 NT out of Mizz Josh Augusta- HUGE kid who

Round 7 WR/RB out of Rutgers Janarion Grant- Best Returner in the country, any play he touches the ball is a threat to score..Chip loved him exact players like him, James, Thomas, Sproles..

Roster but not a 53

Kap-Mahomes
Hyde-Harris-Hood-Davis-Taylor
Mcdonald-Celek-Leggett-Bell
Jeffery-Smith-QP-Rudolph-Ellington-Smelter-Rogers
Staley-Heck
Beadles-Tiller
Kilgore-Martin
Garnett
Brown-Theus-Cooper

AA-Blair
Williams-Purcell-Augusta
Buckner-Dial
Lynch-Tank
Bowman-Skov
Ray-Ray-Maybin-Reeves
Garrett-Harold
Robinson-Ward-Redmond-Reaser-DJ
Reid-Gerry
Tartt

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mock B

Cut
----

Bethea
Brock
Kap
Brooks

Resign
---------

Ray-Ray 2 yrs 5 million
Tiller 2 yrs 4 million
Thad vet min
Bellore 1 yr 2 million
Dawson 1 yr 3 million
Harris 2 yrs 4 million

Free Agents Signed
--------------------------

WR Alshon Jeffrey 5 yrs 60 million
OLB Melvin Ingram 4 yrs 44 million
DT Brandon Williams 4 yrs 24 million
TE Jack Doyle 4 yrs 16 million

Trades Niners 2nd, 4th, and 6th round picks for a late 1st round pick
5th round pick and conditional 4th in the 2018 draft for ILB Mychal Kendricks from the eagles

2017 NFL DRAFT

Round 1 2nd pick overall QB out of North Carolina Mitch Trubisky- Watching and reading a lot on this kid and if Garrett is gone which I expect then its between him and Watson and tho I personally like Watson, Trubiskys numbers are great and what ive watched of him he looks calm cool and collective and his accuracy is on point almost every pass, sneaky athletic too..

Round 1 27th pick WR out of Washington John Ross- this kid to me is a Brandin Cooks clone, a threat to score on every touch..

Round 3 S out of Texas A&M Justin Evans- I'm nervous about Reid, since his 1st year he has played at a less level, plus the niners basically don't know what they have in Tartt, I think its smart to bring in another talent at Safety and Evans is a ballhawk

Round 4 comp DT out of Auburn Montavious Adams- talented big kid who will back up Williams day 1..Purcell gets cut

Round 5 RB out of Wyoming Brian Hill- never seen or heard of this kid but he is electric and tough, idk who posted his thread but thanks and good scouting lol

Round 7 QB out of Taysom Hill- PS player, athletic with a strong arm..

not a 53

Trubisky-Thad-Hill
Hyde-Harris-Hill-Davis-Taylor
Doyle-Celek-Bell
Jeffery-Smith-Williams-Switzer-Ellington-Smelter-
Staley-Theus
Beadles-Tiller
Kilgore-Martin
Garnett
Brown-Cooper

AA-Dial
B Williams-Adams
Buckner-Blair
Lynch-Tank
Bowman-Bellore
Kendricks-Ray-Ray
Ingram-Harold
Robinson-Ward-Redmond-DJ-Reaser-
Reid-Evans
Tartt-

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mock C

Resign
---------
Williams 1 year 5 million
Tiller 2 years 5 million
Dawson 1 year 3 million
Ray-Ray 2 years 6 million
Thad 1 year vet min
Bellore 1 year 2 million

Cuts
------
Kap
Bethea
Brooks

Free Agents Signed
--------------------------
WR Alshon Jeffery 5 years 60 million-finally a true number 1 that can physically beat up cbs..
DT Jonathan Hankins 3 years 18 Million-have to fix the run stoppers and Hankins and a healthy Williams will help..
OLB Mevin Ingram 3 years 24 million- coming into his own, 11 sacks last year, 4 this year..
RB Jaquizz Rodgers 2 years 4 million-we seen hes very good
TE Jack Doyle 3 years 12 million-this is my steal, he becomes the starter, wont be dropping passes like Mcdonald and Celek..future pro bowler..

2017 NFL DRAFT

Round 1 pick 2 QB Deshaun Watson out of Clemson- this is my guy..a smaller Cam Newton, can make any throw on the field, any weakness will only get better as he grows and learns more..franchise QB that is badly needed..

Round 1 pick 29 Traded to the 49ers for their 2nd, 4th, and 7th..they take WR out of Western Michigan Corey Davis- didn't kno much about this kid until NY brought him up and ive watched and read a lot..he has the size, speed, hands. and route running skills..trio of Jeffery, Smith and Davis will look great

Round 2 traded to the 49ers for their 3rd, 5th, and 4th next year..they take ILB out of OSU Raekwon McMillan- young stud that is needed to be groomed behind Bowman just in case he isn't fully healthy, everyone sees what bad ILB play does..this kid will be our future defensive star..

Round 4 comp OLB out of Texas A&M Daeshon Hall- if Myles Garrett wasn't on the team this kid would get a lot more credit..he makes a lot of plays..its kind of like last year with the 2 Georgia pass rushers..all the attention on Floyd and Jenkins slips..

Round 5 C out of Baylor Kyle Fuller-Back up who can play all over..bye bye Martin

Round 6 S out of Texas A&M Armani Watts- will be great on special teams, hard hitter, reminds me of a Whitner type..

Round 7 RB out of UNC TJ Logan- electric with the ball, good returner, change of pace to Hyde, good in the screen game too...

Every year the niners have the most picks and I sit and say ok they can maneuver and get who they want and every year they barely do anything, this year I hope its different and they come away with players they want within the 1st 4 rounds..just like my mock..

Roster not a 53 tho
--------
Watson-Thad
Hyde-Rodgers-Davis-Taylor-Logan
Doyle-Celek-Bell
Jeffrey-Smith-Davis-Ellington-Smelter-Rogers
Staley-Theus
Beadles-Tiller
Kilgore-Fuller
Garnett
Brown-Cooper

AA-Blair
Hankins-Williams
Defo-Dial
Lynch-Tank
Bow-Bellore
Mcmillan-Ray-Ray
Ingram-Hall-Harold
Ward-Robinson-Redmond-DJ-Reaser
Reid-
Tartt-Watts

-----------------------------------------------

Which would you prefer..?
I was going to provide input but it's just too much reading. Sorry
Option C has the best roster IMO.
Originally posted by JustinNiner:
Option C has the best roster IMO.

I agree..the defense is stacked in option C..
Share 49ersWebzone