There are 169 users in the forums

Nathan Peterman-QB-Pitt

17 interceptions on 662 throws. And Cook had only 22 interceptions on 1170 throws . There's a reason the raiders who don't need a qb at all, still traded up for him
Originally posted by GhostOfBaalke:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He played like s**t there's a reason he lasted until the 4th...he basically had the same issues he had in college piss poor accuracy and folding when the pocket got muddy.

So peterman would've tore it up with his first starts in his first season as a pro against the broncos and Texans huh?
Lmao

Never said he would you're the one the brought up cook not me, stating how we "missed" on him lol...his first two games he s**t the bed.

Same issues he had in college any sniff of pressure in the pocket and he folds quicker than a lawn chair and his s**tty accuracy was still well s**tty.

No one is talking about peterman being a 1st or 2nd round pick man...cook was talked about as a low 1st 2nd rd pick but ended up going in the 4th cause well he's a 4th rd talent end of the day
Never said he would you're the one the brought up cook not me, stating how we "missed" on him lol...his first two games he s**t the bed.

Same issues he had in college any sniff of pressure in the pocket and he folds quicker than a lawn chair and his s**tty accuracy was still well s**tty.

No one is talking about peterman being a 1st or 2nd round pick man...cook was talked about as a low 1st 2nd rd pick but ended up going in the 4th cause well he's a 4th rd talent end of the day

I never said anything bout first or second. Clearly said late third early fourth when discussing both guys.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Feb 20, 2017 at 6:42 AM ]

I never said anything bout first or second. Clearly said late third early fourth when discussing both guys.

That shipped has sailed and thank god they didn't draft Cook...his skill set which IMHO is sub par to begin with doesn't out weigh is poor leadership skills.
Mike Mayock says Peterman reminds him of Kirk Cousins.

I'm all in on the Nathan Peterman train, and even more so when you consider where we can grab him at.
[ Edited by Heroism on Feb 27, 2017 at 12:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Heroism:

I'm all in on the Nathan Peterman train, and even more so when you consider where we can grab him at.

Second round with all the hype building and you gotta wait till year 4 for him to be a solid starter if he's like Kirk.

Man I sound like a hater for peterman. I'm just playing devils advocate. I like peterman in the third or fourth if his value drops. Which it probably won't. I see the Kirk comparison though.
[ Edited by GhostOfBaalke on Feb 27, 2017 at 12:22 PM ]
Nah, critical thinking and skepticism are the tenets of great evaluation. I think it's good to play devil's advocate, especially when evaluating a quarterback.
Second round with all the hype building and you gotta wait till year 4 for him to be a solid starter if he's like Kirk.

Man I sound like a hater for peterman. I'm just playing devils advocate. I like peterman in the third or fourth if his value drops. Which it probably won't. I see the Kirk comparison though.

I absolutely see no earlier than the 3rd round for Peterman. He has that game manager label that Cousins and several others got affixed with. I'd be very happy with him in the 3rd.

Out of all the QBs in this draft he appears to be the most suited to pick up Shanahan's offense the quickest.

I've been watching more of his tape lately, and I think his arm strength is a little underrated. Does he have a hose? No, but he definitely can reach back and throw on a rope when he needs to.

Looks off the safeties, goes to the backside of his play for the TD. No big deal.
I've been watching more of his tape lately, and I think his arm strength is a little underrated. Does he have a hose? No, but he definitely can reach back and throw on a rope when he needs to.

Looks off the safeties, goes to the backside of his play for the TD. No big deal.

The concerns about his arm strength have been so overwrought that it is incredible. Its like you either have a cannon or GTFO! Not a great arm but not a weak arm either.

His coach, who was also Cousins' OC compared Peterman to him pretty favorably.

I don't think that comparison will be lost on Shanahan. I'd be shocked if the 49ers didnt show some real interest in him.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 27, 2017 at 1:06 PM ]

Glad you're on board. Welcome to the club!
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
The concerns about his arm strength have been so overwrought that it is incredible. Its like you either have a cannon or GTFO! Not a great arm but not a weak arm either.

I don't think that comparison will be lost on Shanahan. I'd be shocked if the 49ers didnt show some real interest in him.

Arm strength is even less important when you throw with anticipation and great mechanics, accuracy and can move off safeties with your eyes. That throw right there is all you need in the NFL.
Originally posted by NCommand:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Arm strength is even less important when you throw with anticipation and great mechanics, accuracy and can move off safeties with your eyes. That throw right there is all you need in the NFL.

Totally agree, on the check list of what you want from a qb arm strength wouldn't be close to the top and isn't not like he's got a noodle arm, he can make the throws.

Love his value and he's already got the tools needed for a WCO qb.
Share 49ersWebzone