LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 260 users in the forums

Nathan Peterman-QB-Pitt

This is someone to watch particularly in the offseason. That game he had against Clemson really caught people's attention, I can see him being a player who moves up quite a bit with a good Senior Bowl+Combine+workouts. Pro style QB with decent size that looks like he has the potential to be a high quality game manager type of QB in the NFL.

Yes this kid played very well..had a lot of Poise in big moments and made nice throws..i can see him being a 4th round pick, depending on how they draft id take him in the 4th..personally I'm trying to find out who the TE was who was making all the big plays..
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
Fan of his decision making and skills...but as you pointed out, the arm strength is worrisome. Part of it can be addressed with better mechanics and strength training, but he's going to be susceptible to a lot of INTs if he throws it in tight spaces with his current arm.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
" YOU LIKE THAT !?!? "

.. that's who he is.. another Kurt Cousins.
Yea seen him play a few times this year. Nothing about his play really stood out.
Is he your sleeper QB like Dak was last year?
I think he is a 6th or 7th rounder. My notes on him:

a bit undersized, a bit of happy feet, good arm strength, a lot of designed roll outs, athletic, some pretty good ball placement, offense doesn't ask him to do much, takes snaps from under center, I haven't seen him throw deep, could be a gem of a game-manager type
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
I think he is a 6th or 7th rounder. My notes on him:

a bit undersized, a bit of happy feet, good arm strength, a lot of designed roll outs, athletic, some pretty good ball placement, offense doesn't ask him to do much, takes snaps from under center, I haven't seen him throw deep, could be a gem of a game-manager type

Exactly the role I see for him in the NFL, a high quality game manager type.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
Nice, you already had a thread of him.

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/nate-peterman/

Reads well
Good pocket pressence
Very accurate with the ball
Throws a good ball with pressure closing in
Sometimes stares his checkdown too much
Decent feet

Reminds me of Jimmy Garoppolo
If the 49ers are going to be digging around in the dumpster for a QB, or ideally drafting a 2nd QB, Peterman seems to be getting the most buzz in the middle rounds.

Lance Zierlein ‏@LanceZierlein Jan 15

Draft Nathan Peterman from Pitt. He has the poise, accuracy and field vision to be an NFL starter. I'm a big fan after writing him up.

Michael Detillier Verified account ‏@MikeDetillier Jan 15 Michael Detillier

Agree 100% Lance. Best Sr.-class QB in 2017 draft. Better prospect than Tom Savage. Nathan Peterman is similar NFL prospect to Kirk Cousins

If nothing else he can turn out to be a high quality NFL backup. If Kyle Shanahan becomes the HC, Peterman has the tools and intelligence to be a very good fit for his offense.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 17, 2017 at 1:32 PM ]

Good video analysis of Peterman.
  • TheNef77
  • Q46 Draft 3rd place
I'd rather this guy over Mahomes.
I say spend a 4th rounder on him and let him sit and learn for 2 years...
Playing college football in Pittsburgh can have some advantages. Mainly, players can rub shoulders with a professional football team that shares the same facility.

Pitt quarterback Nathan Peterman said that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has given him tips, via Scout.com's Jon Ledyard.

https://www.all22.com/pittsburgh-steelers/pitt-qb-nathan-peterman-tips-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger

Peterman says training at same facilities as Steelers was huge. Said he's gotten tips from Ben Roethlisberger before

— Jon Ledyard (@LedyardNFLDraft) January 23, 2017

Peterman transferred to Pitt from Tennessee in 2015, and this past season he threw for 27 touchdown passes to only 7 interceptions. He is considered to be a sleeper prospect by some experts.

Combine and his workouts are going to be crucial for this kid, I can see him going as early as the 3rd round but also going in the 7th depending on how he does..
Share 49ersWebzone