LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 286 users in the forums

Bufallo's 1st (13th) & Sammy Watkins

• 9moon
  • Veteran
for the 49ers 2nd overall pick.

Would you guys pull the trigger if Buffalo suddenly offers the un-happy Watkins and it's 1st pick which is currently 13th??

or would you rather take Tennessee's offer of their two 1st rounder this year which is the 9th and the 17th??
[ Edited by 9moon on Nov 16, 2016 at 10:19 AM ]
Sammy is a proven player. I would do the Buffalo trade along with them adding a second round pick.
Originally posted by 9moon:
for the 49ers 2nd overall pick.

Would you guys pull the trigger if Buffalo suddenly offers the un-happy Watkins and it's 1st pick which is currently 13th??

or would you rather take Tennessee's offer of their two 1st rounder this year which is the 9th and the 17th??

Lots of injuries for him but healthy he is great and a top 5 WR, my answer is yes I'd swap picks for him..he is young and a number 1 we need, and with the 13th pick we can either take a pass rusher in Derek Barnett, a QB if 1 slides out of Watson, Kizer or Trubisky or Rueben Foster..basically in the 1st round we would take care of 2 big needs..it would be a win
so we'd be giving up a top 3 pick and our 2nd for the 13th pick and Sammy Walkins who's missed like 12 games in the past two years and is on his last yr of his rookie deal (without the option).

pass
Have the Titan said they are looking to trade up?
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NYniner85:
so we'd be giving up a top 3 pick and our 2nd for the 13th pick and Sammy Walkins who's missed like 12 games in the past two years and is on his last yr of his rookie deal (without the option).

pass

my friend,

no team is dumb enough (unless you're Baalke) to trade for any player in his last year.. of course Watkins will have to agree to a new contract first..
f**k no.
No chance. Watkins is VERY injury prone and as we all know WR doesnt make/break games. In this scenario i stay put at #2 and take whichever Clev doesnt take (Garrett or QB).
(Watkins game isnt much different than Torrey Smith) Useless in this offense.
my friend,

no team is dumb enough (unless you're Baalke) to trade for any player in his last year.. of course Watkins will have to agree to a new contract first..

Hue Jackson just did it with Collins ( FA this off season) Arizona did with Chandler Jones who's a FA this off season
my friend,

Hue Jackson just did it with Collins ( FA this off season) Arizona did with Chandler Jones who's a FA this off season

I think teams feel good having the franchise tag, where they would have more time to try to extend..im jealous of both of the trade you mentioned tho lol in case you wanted to kno..

If we're drafting in the top 3, there will be plenty of suitors willing to trade up and give up a host of picks. There'll also be some decent WR's in the FA market...Floyd, Jeffery, LaFell, Britt, Stills just to name a few. I think it's smarter to get as many picks as you can by trading down...and with the potential for $100M in cap space, re-sign some of our own players and bring in some proven talent to augment the youngsters. So, I'd say no to your proposed deal.
Member Milestone: This is post number 300 for njniner499.
To many injuries
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
my friend,

exactly what I mean... DUMB... NO??
nah, would rather take the two first rounders to pick up a QB and corey davis
[ Edited by JustinNiner on Nov 16, 2016 at 12:20 PM ]
exactly what I mean... DUMB... NO??

I mean you said no team does it I agree it's dumb. Regardless I wouldn't make the trade.
Share 49ersWebzone