LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Mike Williams (WR Clemson)

The Colts are 4-5 with Luck and he has a better defense and more talent on offense than he would have with the 49ers (Hilton, Moncrief, Allen, and Doyle are better than our WR's/TE's and Hyde vs. Gore is a wash when Hyde is healthy). They may even have a better offensive line than us although neither team has a great line.

We're more than 1 player away from being a good team even if that player is a franchise QB or pass rusher.
So nasty kid is the top WR in the draft without question.
Originally posted by NYniner85:

id take this guy if we had any pick after the top 5
Originally posted by YungAce:

id take this guy if we had any pick after the top 5

Wouldn't be mad if we are out of top 5, but that is only way right now
I'm trying to find scenarios in.my mind where we could possibly draft Williams. We could make a run at Alshon Jeffrey, but in the event we miss out, Williams is a bonafied number one. The only possible way I see it is if:

1. Kap continues to improve
2. Baalke is fired.
3. We miss out on Jeffrey.
4. Cleveland drafts Myles Garrett.
5. The 49ers, no longer needing to use that 2nd overall on a QB, trade down for a boat load of picks. May take some more manuevering, but draft Mike Williams with one of those picks.

I honestly want to see a more aggressive strategy with this years draft. We have plenty of ok to solid guys. We need guys that can dominate. Guys that win one on one matchups and must always be double teamed or accounted for. Might need to get the draft pick chart out, but I could do a first round of Williams and one of the top 3-4 OLBs available not named Myles Garrett, along with a QB like Falk to move forward with.
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:
I'm trying to find scenarios in.my mind where we could possibly draft Williams. We could make a run at Alshon Jeffrey, but in the event we miss out, Williams is a bonafied number one. The only possible way I see it is if:

1. Kap continues to improve
2. Baalke is fired.
3. We miss out on Jeffrey.
4. Cleveland drafts Myles Garrett.
5. The 49ers, no longer needing to use that 2nd overall on a QB, trade down for a boat load of picks. May take some more manuevering, but draft Mike Williams with one of those picks.

I honestly want to see a more aggressive strategy with this years draft. We have plenty of ok to solid guys. We need guys that can dominate. Guys that win one on one matchups and must always be double teamed or accounted for. Might need to get the draft pick chart out, but I could do a first round of Williams and one of the top 3-4 OLBs available not named Myles Garrett, along with a QB like Falk to move forward with.

Seen a lot of mocks with him going from 10-15...It would take a trade back, just not sure there's a player that a team would want to burn a bunch of picks to move up for currently?

I'm with you not more p***y footing around in the draft and getting 10+ developmental prospects we have a ton of on the team currently...I'm completely fine with leaving this draft with 5 players IMPACT guys. Whomever is the GM needs to move around and get their guys.

Not a real fan of Falk (who might be staying another yr) very accurate, but I just don't see the zip in his throws that are needed at the next level.
Scenario time.

Cleveland takes Mitch #1.

Your are sitting at #2 staring at Myles Garrett's name on your card when a call from the Titans comes through. They are offering you both their #1's to move up for Garrett. Do you take that and grab Mike Williams and either the best pass rusher or QB to fall or do you stick with Myles Garrett?
Originally posted by Southpaw79:
Scenario time.

Cleveland takes Mitch #1.

Your are sitting at #2 staring at Myles Garrett's name on your card when a call from the Titans comes through. They are offering you both their #1's to move up for Garrett. Do you take that and grab Mike Williams and either the best pass rusher or QB to fall or do you stick with Myles Garrett?

I highly doubt they give up two 1sts for a defensive player...I would take Myles and be pumped you have no idea who's gonna be there with those later firsts and from the looks of it that Titan pick is gonna be lower than we thought lol
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
as for pickin up a QB, we must decide if anyone in the Draft is worth picking within the TOP 7 (just in case we win a couple of games).. if not, then we must also decide if the below possible "FOR TRADE or FREE AGENTS" are worth 30% of our salary cap..

GRAPPOLO

BRIDGEWATER

BRADFORD

STAFFORD
I highly doubt they give up two 1sts for a defensive player...I would take Myles and be pumped you have no idea who's gonna be there with those later firsts and from the looks of it that Titan pick is gonna be lower than we thought lol

This. Take Garrett, figure the rest out later.

• Tman
  • Veteran
Beast
Watson to Williams just took #1 you got Mossed

Nice hands, great deep pass
Hes going to the Titans with the 8th overall pick..
Originally posted by jersey49er:

They might have Fournette and Cook sitting there too. They should get a really good offensive player
Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
Originally posted by jersey49er:

They might have Fournette and Cook sitting there too. They should get a really good offensive player

RB isn't needed there with D Murray and Henry..Just looking at their depth chart and WR is the Biggest need, tho positions can be upgraded like S with Peppers and DE with Allen which would take them to trade up..
Share 49ersWebzone